2022 CFL Free Agency(Rumors/official signings)

Nolby

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

Duron Carters contract includes bonuses for interceptions......  I wonder if they have a payout of more cash IF he doesn't display any flakiness or bone headed conduct.....

Because he is incentivized by interceptions he will go for the pick more often than the safer knock down. I can see him being beaten a lot.

53 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I think it was us that told him that or Ottawa since we run almost the same offence. In our offence receivers must be good blockers for the run game and our short passing game.

I'm leaning towards Ottawa. Collins also said people would be shocked to hear who it was.  Gave me a "As if a team that bad would turn me down" kinda vibe.

Gotta wonder if the Elks president Cui would have hired Jones as gm if he’d gotten his job first, because now they’re stuck with him due to money/front office salary cap.

The franchise went from inept to bizarro land clown-show in the blink of an eye.  Can only imagine how relieved Ellingson is to be out of there.

Edited by BigBlueFanatic

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I think Elingson is a replacement for Adams. We still haven't replaced Lawler. Imagine if Bryant Mitchell signed?

Whats it like when guys take 2 years off the field? Do they normally get back to the same talent level or has time away hurt their game indefinitely 

22 hours ago, CodyT said:

Whats it like when guys take 2 years off the field? Do they normally get back to the same talent level or has time away hurt their game indefinitely 

Depends on position. I would think a receiver could bounce back quickly.

8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Probably pretty remote as we're up against the cap. He'd want Lawler money. Right now, I'd be extremely happy with Ricky Collins. 

He signed with us last year for 85k before retiring albeit that was the prorated amount. Not sure why he would demand almost triple now?

Edited by GCn20