2022 CFL Free Agency(Rumors/official signings)

Nolby

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

TRUST ME..they share an agent

Zach actually is quite vocal....fans dont see it....But 2 lineman who are very vocal...and I would assume Demski steps up and becomes that leader

I know absolutely nothing, but Willie definititely said in an interview this year that he negotiated his own contract and that he was his own agent.

8 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

...I don't think that is entirely true, in fact, Harris himself has said that is not entirely true. It was not about the money according to Harris. He said he was willing to play for the offer the Bombers made him. If we are to believe him, and we have no reason not to, the reason he left is because he felt disrespected. A lot of the fans here not agreeing with that perspective is not pulling him off his pedestal. It is discussing whether we think his viewpoint on this is correct or not. 

Not even being the highest paid RB on the team is the disrespect that Harris is really upset about. The Bombers had to sign the other RB's first. If they don't get that done, then they need Harris back and the offer goes up, which works in Harris' favour. Saying you were willing to sign a contract that you didn't sign doesn't mean anything. If he was really willing to sign it, he would have.

4 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Not even being the highest paid RB on the team is the disrespect that Harris is really upset about. The Bombers had to sign the other RB's first. If they don't get that done, then they need Harris back and the offer goes up, which works in Harris' favour. Saying you were willing to sign a contract that you didn't sign doesn't mean anything. If he was really willing to sign it, he would have.

I agree. However, there are many reasons why players leave teams and why teams leave players and it's not always about money. Harris says it wasn't about the money. That's why we are discussing it. If anyone here felt it was strictly about the money this conversation would not be taking place. Harris went to the media, said it wasn't about the money. Are you calling him a liar?

Edited by GCn20

21 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

If that's true, then folks are focusing on the wrong things.

When a star leaves a team for another team, stuff will be said that wouldn't have been said in the past. Info will be 'leaked' that shows the star in a bad light. Folks will 'remember' things that show the star in a different light. Fans who are upset try to pull the star off the pedestal and find 'reasons' that moving on is OK. 

For Harris it was get less than 130K and retire in blue or 165K and play for Toronto. We all know his decision and good luck to him.

It wasn't just  the money.

“I just wish they had been more transparent,” Harris said. “Instead of stringing me along and then giving me this last-ditch offer out of nowhere. Disrespectful.”

If O’Shea and Walters had been open about their plans, Harris says he would have considered returning for the amount the Bombers offered. Because he wouldn’t have been thinking of leaving.

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/sad-to-walk-away-andrew-harris-says-bombers-left-him-feeling-insulted-unwanted

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

think O'l Willie is talking outta both sides of his mouth a bit...he may do some of his own stuff...but I do know he has an agent...and its same as Jeffcoats

Might be he has a business agent for things outside football like endorsements etc.

17 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

22 min mark

Guess I heard wrong, not sure where I heard they had the same agent but I know I heard it somewhere. Maybe, it was Jeffcoat and someone else.

Maybe I missed something but where has it been mentioned Harris was offered less than 130K?

8 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

“I just wish they had been more transparent,” Harris said. “Instead of stringing me along and then giving me this last-ditch offer out of nowhere. Disrespectful.”

If O’Shea and Walters had been open about their plans, Harris says he would have considered returning for the amount the Bombers offered. Because he wouldn’t have been thinking of leaving.

I don't know how much more transparent they could be when you sit down with a guy and openly talk about his health, his commitment level and how that might translate to his contract.  That's pretty ******* transparent to me.

3 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Maybe I missed something but where has it been mentioned Harris was offered less than 130K?

I don't know how much more transparent they could be when you sit down with a guy and openly talk about his health, his commitment level and how that might translate to his contract.  That's pretty ******* transparent to me.

He said his contract offer wouldn't even have made him the highest paid RB on the team. Augustine's contract is believed to come in at 130k. Thus the belief that his contract offer was just below JA's and above the 120k we offered to BO....and yes, I'm not sure that the Bombers could have been more transparent than discussing their concerns.

Edited by GCn20

Interesting to get some context on the negotiations from the Friesen article. But, at the end of the day in pro football (NFL and CFL), old RB's are not considered a good investment in a salary cap world. In the NFL prime RB's (like Dalvin Cook) aren't even valued as highly as other position groups. It's the age where teams want to find cheaper options at RB, because there's always a supply of talent available. That's what Walters did. Augustine and Oliviera are cheaper, younger options. I love Harris, but support this decision 100%. 

52 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

It's about the money, not the workout or anything else for that matter.

Has Augustine's contract gone public? Harris was offered less than Augustine, which was the right thing for the Bombers to do... Give Harris the chance to end his career at home in blue. Harris chose money, which was the right thing for him to do. Bomber fans act like Rider fans when a great player leaves, which is what both teams fans always do.

What is so offensive about what's being discussed here though? who has said anything disparaging against Harris? Outside of things Harris has said himself anyways. Are we not allowed to discuss the fact he said he wasn't in shape/focused etc last year? Do you think that's shitting on a player? 

One person has said something that wasn't in the article. Everyone else has been discussing what was said. No one has down played his role on this team or the impact his legacy will leave. I don't know why some (well 2 posters) have a problem with this?

Edited by Bigblue204

4 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

Interesting to get some context on the negotiations from the Friesen article. But, at the end of the day in pro football (NFL and CFL), old RB's are not considered a good investment in a salary cap world. In the NFL prime RB's (like Dalvin Cook) aren't even valued as highly as other position groups. It's the age where teams want to find cheaper options at RB, because there's always a supply of talent available. That's what Walters did. Augustine and Oliviera are cheaper, younger options. I love Harris, but support this decision 100%. 

We were spoiled by having Harris doing doubles 1000s and thus earning an extremely high salary for a RB....but once those days are over and he isn't putting up 2000 yards it's tough to justify that kind of money on one RB.

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

What is so offensive about what's being discussed here though? who has said anything disparaging against Harris? Outside of things Harris has said himself anyways. Are we not allowed to discuss the fact he said he wasn't in shape/focused etc last year? Do you think that's shitting on a player? 

One person has said something that wasn't in the article. Everyone else has been discussing what was said. No one has down played his role on this team or the impact his legacy will leave. I don't know why some (well 2 posters) have a problem with this?

Some people have expressed disappointment in how Harris has handled the situation. Others are suggesting that is akin to shitting on him. Not sure that is a particularly fair assessment of the discussion.

Edited by GCn20

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

JPan85 bringing the receipts! Kudos. 

48PSPJ.gif

A very quick resolution to the argument for sure. I had heard what Booch was saying too but I can't remember where I heard it or even if I was correctly remembering what I heard. lol

2 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Harris's feelings about leaving the Bombers are not all that unique. How many people have good things to say about an employer who let them go?

Not many....but how many call up the media to discuss it and then have it looked favorably on them by the fan base? Not sure Harris thought that through before doing it.

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

A very quick resolution to the argument for sure. I had heard what Booch was saying too but I can't remember where I heard it or even if I was correctly remembering what I heard. lol

Not many....but how many call up the media to discuss it and then have it looked favorably on them by the fan base? Not sure Harris thought that through before doing it.

Others who are let go do not usually go to the media but kvetch to family, friends neighbours or anyone who will pretend to listen.

Who will be QB#2 in case Zach Collaros gets injured?

Maybe Bombers save some $$$ by having a QB who can throw to himself?

Bombers bio on receiver Blake Jackson, who is said to have shown real stuff prior to getting injured last year in training camp, says this: "Jackson played three seasons as a quarterback at Mary Hardin-Baylor, completing 311 of 487 pass attempts for 4,311 yards. He threw 49 touchdowns and led the Crusaders to a Division III national championship as a senior and was named Southwest Conference offensive player of the year and an all-American. "

Edited by Doublezero

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I've thought about it......and I think Bighill is the true leader on the team, and a guy who prides himself on always working, and never putting himself ahead of the team. I think what's happened with Harris will be seen as him putting himself ahead of the team. I'm not sure who will become the vocal leader on offense now (I feel like Zach isn't the loud rah rah guy that Andrew was) but I think they'll be alright. 

We’ve got Reverend ‘Sheed in the room. 
There will be no shortage of vocal leaders on the offensive side. 

Guy had some negative things happen in his personal life during a health pandemic, wasn't ready for canp, owns it  still probably the team OMVP  when healthy. Handles his own negotiations (for the first time?) and felt disrespected when hearing things the team didn't like. Says he has moved past it, holds no ill will towards the team. 

Now he is an ego maniac that was always selfish and questionable character.

Unbelievable 

Edited by Geebrr

24 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I agree. However, there are many reasons why players leave teams and why teams leave players and it's not always about money. Harris says it wasn't about the money. That's why we are discussing it. If anyone here felt it was strictly about the money this conversation would not be taking place. Harris went to the media, said it wasn't about the money. Are you calling him a liar?

I'm someone. I feel it was strictly about the money. I'm discussing it. 

If Harris was really willing to sign, hand him a pen and he'd sign. If not, then he wasn't really willing to sign. Disrespect is the excuse/justification. You can call that calling him a liar if you want, but understand that's your word not mine.

5 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Nothing is offensive and no one is saying it is. No one is telling you what you can or can't discuss. No one has any problem with the discussion. Some of us are simply pointing out that Bomber fans are just like Rider fans when players leave.

Last year, no one talked about Harris not being in shape or that his head wasn't in it or his personal problems or losing MOS' trust (Why was he even talking to MOS anyway? He should have been talking to Walters) or his lack of practice (He didn't need to cuz he's a vet) or anything negative at all. He was the home town hero who got us to back to back GC's.  He was worth every penny of his contract &, he needed to be re-signed to retire as a Bomber at all costs. Saying anything else would get you 3+ days of arguments.

It's not just about this article. Rumours started last month about Harris' attitude & work ethic last year. 20-20 hindsight would say that's when we should have known that Harris was done with the Bombers. The media machine was already gearing up to the Bombers moving on from Harris. Fans are lapping it up.