2022 CFL Free Agency(Rumors/official signings)

Nolby

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

Ellingson is proven...Lawler not so much yet....i sure wanted him to prove it here, but that ship sailed....wasnt worth 300k tho....lets see 2..3 years of that to anoint him the best

I bet combined you get 2000 yards and 12 TDS minumum from Bailey/Ellingson.....I bet you dont see that with lawler/adams combined

Factor in last year....Ellingson and Bailey combined for 24 games...99 receptions and 1366 yards...and Lawler /Adams 24 games 90 receptions and 1455 yards...if anything its a wash, but I think 2022 our duo out produces

You literally were talking yesterday about how production isn’t everything when I said Duke was on a 1200 yard pace last year.

Don't like losing Darby or Jones, but if there's one place this regime has proven they can find guys at it's defensive back so I won't worry there yet. Mcguire could wind up being the biggest loss of them all if they don't pull a rabbit out of their hat there... Maybe they're putting a bunch of money aside for Streveler? I dunno. 

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I agree that we seem to be lacking a true #1 but I think its fair to call Ellingston, Demski and Bailey #2 WR. Does 3 #2's make a balanced enough core that it still works? I lean towards yes.

Plus woli. Don't forget the last time we actually threw to him with regularity he was a budding star. He's a 1k wr easy with volume passes. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Don't like losing Darby or Jones, but if there's one place this regime has proven they can find guys at it's defensive back so I won't worry there yet. Mcguire could wind up being the biggest loss of them all if they don't pull a rabbit out of their hat there... Maybe they're putting a bunch of money aside for Streveler? I dunno. 

Agree that Streveler might be the long game. I think losing McGuire good be a gain rather than a loss. Don't think he had it as a legit CFL QB, even back up. I think there's better options.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

You literally were talking yesterday about how production isn’t everything when I said Duke was on a 1200 yard pace last year.

I talking production at the end of the season in total...not a "on a pace for"...big difference.....figured you of all people could grasp that...and on a pace for generally u take out the low and high, and use the remaining to better get a mean

we need to in essence replace what Lawler and Adams gave us...and Ellingson and Bailey will do that, and then some.....Woli and Demski are still here...so thats a non issue.....and I am sure a new guy...or a combo of whoever fields the 5th spot get us 500 or more yards in production....not a tuff challenge

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

Losing Mike Jones sucks. Would have been a candidate to replace Darby as well. 

It does. I'm surprised he got scooped tbh. But with limited funds and a great ability to scout dbs it doesn't make sense to lock every one in at a big deal. 

Nichols maston Taylor and rose. We bring back ba at s when healthy. That leaves just 1 Sam spot up for grabs. With a couple blue chip db prospects already. 

Also we need to keep flexibility to be able to bring back alford if he gets cut. 

I think we’re going to use the left over money to bring back Streveler. I think Ottawa was the likely destination before they decided to go with Masoli and spend their entire cap hit in one day. I’d assume they’re going to wait until after Streveler exhausts all NFL opportunities but it wouldn’t surprise me to see him back in Winnipeg. We look a lot different with Dru Brown under Center that’s for sure and I would imagine Walters and co know this. 

6 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

Agree that Streveler might be the long game. I think losing McGuire good be a gain rather than a loss. Don't think he had it as a legit CFL QB, even back up. I think there's better options.

McGuire was seamless as Bombers experimented with 5 different kickers in the FG/convert operation last season. That skill is under-rated too.

12 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I don't see any situation where we miss McGuire.

45 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Plus woli. Don't forget the last time we actually threw to him with regularity he was a budding star. He's a 1k wr easy with volume passes. 

I read this a lot and I wonder, who got the targets in 2021 that should have gone to Woli?  Lawler was the best WR in the league, Bailey emerged, Demski made plays all over the field and our running game was on no matter who was carrying the ball.

I love Woli but last year he was the WR4/WR5 on a stacked team.  He was the perfect field WR, tho: forcing the D to cover the whole field, opening up stuff inside for our other guys, making the most of his targets, blocking like a wolverine, and carrying the right passport.

Edited by johnzo

22 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Not sure what you have seen in his history to ever rate him that highly. He has never been thrown to with regularity. His best season was 2.5 catches per game. To hit 1,000 yards he’d need to average 60 yards per game, and in 3 seasons he’s only had 4 games over that total. His history paints as a Jamie Stoddard level contributor. Now maybe if they moved him inside to become more of a possession slot receiver, he would get more looks. But why haven’t they done that that with him?