2022 CFL Free Agency(Rumors/official signings)

Nolby

21 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Winning a Grey Cup is not the same as being chased by a bear.  😁

I was hoping for some upgrades- any really.

We've still got the best O-line/D-line in the league... top 3 run game and top 3 QB with a solid group of receivers... LBs should be fine with Bighill/Wilson leading the way... A couple ??s in the secondary... but still a contending team...

Losing guys like Stove, Lawler, Darby and Harris is extremely disappointing but I trust out scouts to find adequate replacements. 

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I don’t really understand the comparison in any format because the premise suggests we are replacing our American WR3 with our American WR2. Adams is being replaced by a rookie, it’s more or less a straight swap Ellingson for Lawler and that’s a downgrade period. You can say Bailey would be an upgrade, but what does that matter if he was here either way. 

Your not replacing Adams or Lawler with Bailey but Bailey came a long way in 2021 and if his trajectory is still rising, he along with Ellingson getting those touches may provide the production we need.

Just now, Mike said:

I don’t really understand the comparison in any format because the premise suggests we are replacing our American WR3 with our American WR2. Adams is being replaced by a rookie, it’s more or less a straight swap Ellingson for Lawler and that’s a downgrade period. You can say Bailey would be an upgrade, but what does that matter if he was here either way. 

Because Bailey goes from the 3-5 read to the 1-3 read. Ofcourse we’ll have to find another receiver to come in to replace Baileys role with the team but we should have some faith that Walters has Danny Mac will have some competition coming in to be that receiver number five. 

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

Stove is/was good for us, but we fared fine without him, and DT are easy to find...and a new one will be cheap....

I've seen this a few times. When Stove was out near the start of the season, our run d was pretty poor from what I recall. I think we also have Kyrie Wilson out and they came back at the same time and our run D had huge improvement. I hate losing Stove, but I hope he's getting a huge payday.

Just now, Arnold_Palmer said:

Because Bailey goes from the 3-5 read to the 1-3 read. Ofcourse we’ll have to find another receiver to come in to replace Baileys role with the team but we should have some faith that Walters has Danny Mac will have some competition coming in to be that receiver number five. 

My point is Bailey was already better than Adams and used more frequently than Adams last year. Bailey, to me, has been our WR2 for an entire year now.

The question is really whether he can elevate to a WR1 and I’m hopeful he can but that doesn’t mean that it’s an upgrade over Lawler. While I had no interest in paying it, there’s a reason he got 300k - he’s the best receiver in the league.

1 minute ago, WildPath said:

I've seen this a few times. When Stove was out near the start of the season, our run d was pretty poor from what I recall. I think we also have Kyrie Wilson out and they came back at the same time and our run D had huge improvement. I hate losing Stove, but I hope he's getting a huge payday.

I think our d tho was pretty much record breaking without him at times too tho. So scheme I think plays a role. 

3 minutes ago, WildPath said:

True. Sayles come on, started to play more reps & looked very good though.

Edited by Doublezero

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

My point is Bailey was already better than Adams and used more frequently than Adams last year. Bailey, to me, has been our WR2 for an entire year now.

The question is really whether he can elevate to a WR1 and I’m hopeful he can but that doesn’t mean that it’s an upgrade over Lawler. While I had no interest in paying it, there’s a reason he got 300k - he’s the best receiver in the league.

There was questions about Lawler being a number one receiver too. I’m not going to say Bailey is going to have the same impact as Lawler but Baileys  2021 season was very similar to Lawler’s 2019 season with us and both played essentially a similar role at the time in the offence.  I think Bailey is a great candidate to break out for over 1000 yards next season assuming he’s healthy. 

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

well i'll eat my words after the season...but I bet the stats combined will replace it....see what totals each pair accumulates...and yeah...we need to find 1 guy to replace in the WR group...I sure we can find 600 yards some where

I see a receiver in Sask with the highest percentage completion stat, 12 yds/catch, 27 years old,  that probably could be gotten on an affordable salary... and replace Davin .. JWL...

5 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Well let’s put it this way. Lawler was pretty much regarded as high as Bailey is right now before the season started. Not saying every good young receiver will turn out as good as Lawler was for us last season but he has the potential to be a number one guy.. Ellingson is much ahead of Adam’s in terms of production so while yes Lawler and Adam’s might be better right now it’s not far fetched to believe these two actually put produce what Adam’s and Lawler would give you. 

Ellingson is proven...Lawler not so much yet....i sure wanted him to prove it here, but that ship sailed....wasnt worth 300k tho....lets see 2..3 years of that to anoint him the best

I bet combined you get 2000 yards and 12 TDS minumum from Bailey/Ellingson.....I bet you dont see that with lawler/adams combined

Factor in last year....Ellingson and Bailey combined for 24 games...99 receptions and 1366 yards...and Lawler /Adams 24 games 90 receptions and 1455 yards...if anything its a wash, but I think 2022 our duo out produces

10 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

We really should have a back up QB with CFL experience. Really risky going with with just ZC. 

Honestly from how he looked in limited action i don't blame him. And imo if a guy is looking like that it's time to move on. 

Strevy would be the dream. Out side of that I don't see any vet being the fit. 

in 2 days...theres gonna be some bargains...and thats where we will fill some possible potential holes if we chose to go that route.....but I can see Walters saying we good and keeping that buffer for NFL returnees....I expect Grant back as well as returner and spot offensive play