2022 CFL Free Agency(Rumors/official signings)

Nolby

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

we signed our own guys already which cost us..and Maston is back and was the SAM before Darby...and will be back there...so its a tough loss, but we will be fine there

10 of the 15 West Division All Stars are back with the team and Alexander is a still a possibility to re-sign. The Bombers have only lost Lawler and Darby to other CFL teams. 

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

Can’t find the next Stove or Mike Jones or Darby or Lawler if you just ride the ones you have until the wheels fall off.

We’re going to find players. There’s a reason Danny Mac and Goveia were both sought after as GMs this off-season. 

The win of the off season was keeping both Danny Mac and Goveia. They’ve done an outstanding job bringing in new talent every year. 

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I guess I had it in my head that every half decent player in the league would be fighting with each other for the chance to come to Winnipeg, and nobody'd ever want to leave, and we'd have our pick of every FA because this is the only place people want to play. I just hate seeing people choose a different team over us...

We had 80% of the divisional all star team on our roster last year. Something had to give. It was inevitable. The fact we retained about 80% of that 80% puts us in a great position to three-peat.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Can’t find the next Stove or Mike Jones or Darby or Lawler if you just ride the ones you have until the wheels fall off.

We’re going to find players. There’s a reason Danny Mac and Goveia were both sought after as GMs this off-season. 

yeah...I have full confidence in our scouting network now to replace and reload..5 yrs ago nope...now...no concerns

And you cant continually stay status quo and continue to win...we did that for 2021...2022 we keep the keys...and reload..re-tool..Ellingson/Bailey is a upgrade to Lawler/Adams in the grand scheme....Maston will ore than adequately replace Darby...Darby was brought in to replace Maston...no concerns there...

Harris leadership and heart will be missed, but I bet at end of the yr we are either number 1 or 2 in rushing again

And hands down we still have the best O-line and with Davis leaving the cats..we still have best dline....and we are missing only Alford and BA (till likely Aug) in the defensive backfield who started the Grey Cup

Some guys live here year round and love it.. seems to be the more family oriented folks. But 99 percent of Americans want the money too. If you can keep your drafted and local Canadians you doing OK..  losing a few Americans sucks but shouldn't be the end of the world  

Desjarlais is the biggest loss but nfl 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

yeah...I have full confidence in our scouting network now to replace and reload..5 yrs ago nope...now...no concerns

And you cant continually stay status quo and continue to win...we did that for 2021...2022 we keep the keys...and reload..re-tool..Ellingson/Bailey is a upgrade to Lawler/Adams in the grand scheme....Maston will ore than adequately replace Darby...Darby was brought in to replace Maston...no concerns there...

Harris leadership and heart will be missed, but I bet at end of the yr we are either number 1 or 2 in rushing again

And hands down we still have the best O-line and with Davis leaving the cats..we still have best dline....and we are missing only Alford and BA (till likely Aug) in the defensive backfield who started the Grey Cup

Let’s be honest, saying Ellingson/Bailey is an upgrade over Lawler/Adams is a bunch of homer nonsense no matter how you slice it lol  you literally said yesterday you weren’t happy with the idea of Ellingson

Not even accounting for that, there’s still the obvious that in that equation, we’ve now replaced Bailey with ?????????

Just now, Mike said:

Let’s be honest, saying Ellingson/Bailey is an upgrade over Lawler/Adams is a bunch of homer nonsense no matter how you slice it lol  you literally said yesterday you weren’t happy with the idea of Ellingson

Not even accounting for that, there’s still the obvious that in that equation, we’ve now replaced Bailey with ?????????

I don't see Adams as a loss on the field really. I think replacing his production with a rookie will be very doable. Lawler is a really good receiver and Ellingson is step back from him but I could also see Ellingson going over a 1000.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Well let’s put it this way. Lawler was pretty much regarded as high as Bailey is right now before the season started. Not saying every good young receiver will turn out as good as Lawler was for us last season but he has the potential to be a number one guy.. Ellingson is much ahead of Adam’s in terms of production so while yes Lawler and Adam’s might be better right now it’s not far fetched to believe these two actually put produce what Adam’s and Lawler would give you. 

Yup....guys we lost to other teams  Darby is already replaced...if someone unseats Maston...we are that much better and he slides to safety until BA back

Jones got bumped out of starting lineup after Rose came back...and was 6th DB in essence...Houston can fill his role....I liked what I saw of him.

Stove is/was good for us, but we fared fine without him, and DT are easy to find...and a new one will be cheap....

Desjarlais hurts....but we had no chance in that one, but Grey is more than adequate and plays with same mean streak and aggravates the hell outta Dlineman...we will see minimal drop in our line play.

Lawler hurts, but no way we need to pay that price, and Ellingson will replace that production....and maybe Meridith is back and wows...Jackson perhaps..Agudusi...some new guy...we need to find 1 receiver...big deal

2 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Well let’s put it this way. Lawler was pretty much regarded as high as Bailey is right now before the season started. Not saying every good young receiver will turn out as good as Lawler was for us last season but he has the potential to be a number one guy.. Ellingson is much ahead of Adam’s in terms of production so while yes Lawler and Adam’s might be better right now it’s not far fetched to believe these two actually put produce what Adam’s and Lawler would give you. 

I don’t really understand the comparison in any format because the premise suggests we are replacing our American WR3 with our American WR2. Adams is being replaced by a rookie, it’s more or less a straight swap Ellingson for Lawler and that’s a downgrade period. You can say Bailey would be an upgrade, but what does that matter if he was here either way. 

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

well i'll eat my words after the season...but I bet the stats combined will replace it....see what totals each pair accumulates...and yeah...we need to find 1 guy to replace in the WR group...I sure we can find 600 yards some where

4 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

What I like about Bailey is that he got better and better as the season went on.