2022 CFL Free Agency(Rumors/official signings)

Nolby

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

for **** sakes.....why are we all of a sudden losing a bunch of guys??

we signed our own guys already which cost us..and Maston is back and was the SAM before Darby...and will be back there...so its a tough loss, but we will be fine there

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

as long as it's that...a big over-payment by other teams.....and not because guys want to leave WBB FC.......

Lawler had 300,000 reasons to leave, Stove will get top DT money, and we simply moved on from Harris and Adams due to cost vs diminishing returns. The guys we really NEEDED back all signed back at below market value.

1 minute ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Oof, the Bombers didn't get any better in the off season so far... 

We didn't have to get better, we just had to stay ahead. If we don't rest guys and take the last couple weeks off we are basically a one loss team in 2021. We were so much better than anyone else that we could afford to lose a couple guys. Look at the all star team, it was all Bombers...lol.

Edited by GCn20

2 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

They might?  I mean in the case of Jones, he took a backseat once Rose rejoined the team.  

I can't remember who, but I follow somebody on twitter who does weekly stats for CFL dbs. He mentioned several times that he thought Jones wasn't very good. Bringing in a late season replacement would seem to somewhat support that. I don't have much of an opinion on him either way.

they didnt need to get better...maintain and augment......if we had to replace all those starters we resigned...that would have been huge on open market...we would be way worse for it...we doing just fine..

Just now, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Huh. They had their whole team to sign this off season. A lot of players wanting to get paid.  This off season is a win in my books. We have to rely on drafting well, and our scouting team to bring in replacements. It’s the same every year, especially for good teams. You’re going to lose some players but the job Walters has done with what he’s had has been phenomenal.

Winning a Grey Cup is not the same as being chased by a bear.  😁

I was hoping for some upgrades- any really.

I look up and down our lineup and I still see the best team in the CFL. Don't get caught up in the hype of what other teams are doing, they were so far behind us that the question is whether they can realistically catch up.

Edited by GCn20

Just now, Arnold_Palmer said:

Huh. They had their whole team to sign this off season. A lot of players wanting to get paid.  This off season is a win in my books. We have to rely on drafting well, and our scouting team to bring in replacements. It’s the same every year, especially for good teams. You’re going to lose some players but the job Walters has done with what he’s had has been phenomenal.

I agree. We've retained more of our top guys than I thought we would.

Just now, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Winning a Grey Cup is not the same as being chased by a bear.  😁

I was hoping for some upgrades- any really.

show me who better than Collaros...Bryant..Yoshi..Neuf....Couture...The Jeffs...Biggie...Rose...Nichols...whos a better Canadian RB than the 2 we resigned...same with Demski...who upgrades him Canadian wise....some people just never happy

3 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Not very often do you see the Grey Cup champs win FA the following year.

Back to back Grey Cup champs at that.  We knew heading into this Free Agency period that other teams wouldn't be caught flat footed .. we also know that other teams likely had to pay a little more to pry a few guys away from this team .. they take that salary hit and we keep with our philosophy.  It hurts to lose them but long term sustainability and success is what Walters and company have been building from day one. 

3 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I agree. We've retained more of our top guys than I thought we would.

For sure. We retained our dominance in the trenches. I look at our D front 7, and our OL, and I don't see a team even close to our level of talent and that's how champions are built.

Edited by GCn20

I guess I had it in my head that every half decent player in the league would be fighting with each other for the chance to come to Winnipeg, and nobody'd ever want to leave, and we'd have our pick of every FA because this is the only place people want to play. I just hate seeing people choose a different team over us...

Edited by Noeller

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Can’t find the next Stove or Mike Jones or Darby or Lawler if you just ride the ones you have until the wheels fall off.

We’re going to find players. There’s a reason Danny Mac and Goveia were both sought after as GMs this off-season. 

Its the guys that were here last year got some playing time that should be able to step up. Find a couple rookies that can play. 

1 minute ago, Jpan85 said:

Holes to fill at the moment

1 WR

1 or 2 DB

1 K

1 Returner

I'd bet they ride with the WR and K they have already.... maybe grab a DB on the cheap later this week or next.....and if not Grant, then someone they find this off-season to KR. 

Just now, Mike said:

Can’t find the next Stove or Mike Jones or Darby or Lawler if you just ride the ones you have until the wheels fall off.

We’re going to find players. There’s a reason Danny Mac and Goveia were both sought after as GMs this off-season. 

Blake Jackson, Carlton Adugosi are guys that were on the cusp last year and I expect one of them to replace Darvin. Harris in all honestly is not a huge loss to our ability to win and that was proved last year. Stove is a loss, but DTs are not a tough find imo.  Lawler and Desjarlais are our two big losses this year and I don't see their losses as being ones that bring us back to the pack in the CFL.

Just now, Noeller said:

I guess I had it in my head that ever half decent player in the league would be fighting with each other for the chance to come to Winnipeg, and nobody'd ever want to leave, and we'd have our pick of every FA because this is the only place people want to play. I just hate seeing people choose a different team over us...

Pipe dream, man.

Think about it. They’ve already got rings. No ring chasers here and the truth is, some guys want the money or the opportunity they can’t have here.

Lets just call it what it is. No American player grows up wanting to win a Grey Cup. The whole idea of passing on money is great in theory but no way is every single player going to think like that.