Episode 17: The Way of Natey (Adjei)

https://zachschnitzer.podbean.com/e/ep-17-the-way-of-natey/

Happy 2022! We're back with Natey Adjei to break down the Grey Cup, inside scoop on the Bombers' locker room culture, his journey from pro ball to media, Natey's take on engaging younger fans and Toronto, and MORE! 

Apple: http://apple.co/3ayNHW7 Spotify: http://spoti.fi/3BESm4V

Just my take on your podcast, not trying to be to critical, but when I turn on something to listen to when I go for a walk I want to hear the subject matter in this case the Bombers Grey Cup inside scoop, not all the useless to me preamble. You might get and retain more listeners if you shortened the content and stuck on the topic more. Just my opinion.

30 minutes ago, coach17 said:

Just my take on your podcast, not trying to be to critical, but when I turn on something to listen to when I go for a walk I want to hear the subject matter in this case the Bombers Grey Cup inside scoop, not all the useless to me preamble. You might get and retain more listeners if you shortened the content and stuck on the topic more. Just my opinion.

Agreed.

Not trying to be critical either but I mirror this assessment. 

6 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

Agreed.

Not trying to be critical either but I mirror this assessment. 

Hi all, thanks so much for the feedback. Much appreciated. So you'd have me go right to the guest as that's what I advertise, and skip the preamble where I gab about different stuff (e.g. the number 12)? 

Please provide any other feedback; honestly it's very helpful to me as I am just starting out. I don't take offence to anything critical or constructive. 

Zach 

3 hours ago, Bombers9256 said:

Hi all, thanks so much for the feedback. Much appreciated. So you'd have me go right to the guest as that's what I advertise, and skip the preamble where I gab about different stuff (e.g. the number 12)? 

Please provide any other feedback; honestly it's very helpful to me as I am just starting out. I don't take offence to anything critical or constructive. 

Zach 

When are you going to sign? ;)

This is my perspective as a potential listener/customer as I am very passionate about anything Bombers or CFL. You might have a great podcast, but you 1) Have to give listeners a reason to tune to you (You have done this by advertising good subject matter here.). 2) You must be able to keep them intrigued and wanting more during the opening portion - this is the time when a boring opening or song makes it easiest for the listener to start channel surfing. 3) If you catch someone channel surfing you need to immediately capture their attention with something interesting. By having 5 or more minutes of preamble about your life and family (something for sure you should be proud of and celebrate) just bores the crap out of someone like me who does not know you. I didn't know anything about Bob Irving's family until this year because when he talks football , he talks football and that's what it's about. If you were just doing this podcast for people who know you or your family then you are doing it right. If you are looking to capture a wider audience I would suggest 1) Stay to the subject matter 2) Start off with shorter more intense podcasts and make your listener want more so they will come back. Like I say this is just my opinion as a potential listener in your target audience. Good luck and I am always willing to read or listen to any good Bomber or CFL topics.

Hey Coach 1

On 2022-01-10 at 8:02 AM, coach17 said:

This is my perspective as a potential listener/customer as I am very passionate about anything Bombers or CFL. You might have a great podcast, but you 1) Have to give listeners a reason to tune to you (You have done this by advertising good subject matter here.). 2) You must be able to keep them intrigued and wanting more during the opening portion - this is the time when a boring opening or song makes it easiest for the listener to start channel surfing. 3) If you catch someone channel surfing you need to immediately capture their attention with something interesting. By having 5 or more minutes of preamble about your life and family (something for sure you should be proud of and celebrate) just bores the crap out of someone like me who does not know you. I didn't know anything about Bob Irving's family until this year because when he talks football , he talks football and that's what it's about. If you were just doing this podcast for people who know you or your family then you are doing it right. If you are looking to capture a wider audience I would suggest 1) Stay to the subject matter 2) Start off with shorter more intense podcasts and make your listener want more so they will come back. Like I say this is just my opinion as a potential listener in your target audience. Good luck and I am always willing to read or listen to any good Bomber or CFL topics.

Hey Coach17, thank so much for your detailed, honest feedback. That's exactly what helps me polish the product for, as you say, a wider audience. I think I've maybe received too much feedback from family & friends! I know many ppl I've heard from like my personal ramblings (admittedly, many fam and friends) so I think I'll put that at the end if I think it needs to be there, but I'll think carefully about it. I love your comment about making them shorter, more intense episodes and going right to the advertised subject matter. Still, I'm SHOCKED you're not interested in my personal life LOLOLOL. Thanks so much and keep it coming! Zach 

• 2 weeks later...