Cannabis, Pot, Reefer, & Marijuana

TrueBlue4ever

The process that the original ATF used to criminalize Cannabis is pretty well documented. 
As @Bigblue204 was saying, the campaign was absolutely rooted in racism. 
https://timeline.com/harry-anslinger-racist-war-on-drugs-prison-industrial-complex-fb5cbc281189

The sickening thing is how much of it was manufactured by Anslinger in order to keep himself relevant and compete with Hoover. 

4 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Still can't understand simple English eh? Still trying to "trigger" me eh? It's ok if you want to continue using a word, no one is gonna hurt you. I didn't realize you had such a personal connection to it, my bad. 

Well you decide what it is. Because you haven’t yet. 
yet, I’m learning that some folks defend dope like it’s life. That’s new to me. 

Edited by Rod Black

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, looking for advice and suggestions. Have been suffering horrible insomnia lately, CBD seems to release some of the symptoms. As a middle aged adult I feel guilty have my son score for me.  

He brought me some Mota 20mg CBD gummies and I like those. He ordered online, can these be bought locally? Any other good options? Is a tincture going to give better result?

What about adding some THC to the regime on occasion for a little extra “ happy”?

4 hours ago, GCJenks said:

Okay, looking for advice and suggestions. Have been suffering horrible insomnia lately, CBD seems to release some of the symptoms. As a middle aged adult I feel guilty have my son score for me.  

He brought me some Mota 20mg CBD gummies and I like those. He ordered online, can these be bought locally? Any other good options? Is a tincture going to give better result?

What about adding some THC to the regime on occasion for a little extra “ happy”?

Before you go that route, consider getting a medical checkup, and if there are no medical concerns identified, you may wish to talk to someone to see if there are unresolved issues in your life that are cropping up. A short course of prescription sleep aids may break the pattern of insomnia. 

Edited by Tracker

15 hours ago, GCJenks said:

If you're happy with the CBD results. I'd suggest going with a 20mg tweed soft gel. They are way cheaper than gummies and do the same thing. You may be able to get the same results with less, so a lower dose CBD softgel (tweed also has a 10mg one) is another option. The oils are also significantly cheaper (per dose) than the soft gels and dosing can be adjusted a lot easier. You can ask anyone in store for a 20mg CBD oil, and they'll show you what they have. And in that case 1ML = 20MG.

These can be found in most retail stores. I'd say every Delta 9 location would have some, likely Tweed (stores) and Tokyo smoke as well. 

CBD is significantly safer than any prescription sleeping aid. Absolutely talk to your doctor, but CBD poses no risk.

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

If you're happy with the CBD results. I'd suggest going with a 20mg tweed soft gel. They are way cheaper than gummies and do the same thing. You may be able to get the same results with less, so a lower dose CBD softgel (tweed also has a 10mg one) is another option. The oils are also significantly cheaper (per dose) than the soft gels and dosing can be adjusted a lot easier. You can ask anyone in store for a 20mg CBD oil, and they'll show you what they have. And in that case 1ML = 20MG.

These can be found in most retail stores. I'd say every Delta 9 location would have some, likely Tweed (stores) and Tokyo smoke as well. 

CBD is significantly safer than any prescription sleeping aid. Absolutely talk to your doctor, but CBD poses no risk.

Any time a substance is used to cope with a life issue, it has the potential to stop the growth and learning that come with weathering that storm. Many, if not most stressors are psychogenic in origin- that is, an individual feels unable to cope and resorts to medicating or self-medicating. The dictum "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" still holds, within common-sense limits. A psychiatrist associate once told me that a cup of coffee (or tea) with a good friend and talking out what you are going through is often more effective than psychotherapy or pharmacotherapy. We are a lot more capable of dealing with stress and crises than most think, but we have been thoroughly indoctrinated into "A pill for every ill" with a promise of instant relief./gratification. 

Edited by Tracker

12 hours ago, Mark H. said:

^^ Try some cammomile tea.  Most health food stores have it. 

Over the years by views on tea have changed to be more in line with Ted Lasso (Gross dirty water).

13 hours ago, Tracker said:

Before you go that route, consider getting a medical checkup, and if there are no medical concerns identified, you may wish to talk to someone to see if there are unresolved issues in your life that are cropping up. A short course of prescription sleep aids may break the pattern of insomnia. 

44 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Any time a substance is used to cope with a life issue, it has the potential to stop the growth and learning that come with weathering that storm. Many, if not most stressors are psychogenic in origin- that is, an individual feels unable to cope and resorts to medicating or self-medicating. The dictum "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" still holds, within common-sense limits. A psychiatrist associate once told me that a cup of coffee (or tea) with a good friend and talking out what you are going through is often more effective than psychotherapy or pharmacotherapy. We are a lot more capable of dealing with stress and crises than most think, but we have been thoroughly indoctrinated into "A pill for every ill" with a promise of instant relief./gratification. 

As you seem insistent on getting a response. I am fully aware of the source of my insomnia and am dealing with it. Sometimes you need temporary physical aids to help with the symptoms of a mental health concern. Can't heal the mind if the body is exhausted, if CBD helps me with that I am going to continue with what works instead of a commercial sleep aid. Any time in the past I have resorted to the commercial aids I certainely wasn't happy with how I felt the next morning. 

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

ok.....
They asked for advice on CBD products not condescending comments. 

Again though you've shown that you have a lack of understanding of how cannabis (in this specific case CBD) interacts in our body and why it's not the same as "a pill for every ill". And the potential it provides for people to continue learning, growing and healing to eventually stop using it. You know...unlike prescription sleeping aids....or hell even coffee.

Edited by Bigblue204

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Yeah, this comment ain't it.

Coffee and tea both contain caffeine, which can be addictive. Your "associate" gave you some crappy advice considering how contradictive it is.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but don't sleep aids contain substances?

12 hours ago, GCJenks said:

It’s amazing the relief you can get from telling your boss what a piece of **** he is. That relief of stress really helped my sleep. 
it’s amazing how many people refuse to see CBD as an option but would but much more artificial chemicals in their body. 

Not to be pedantic CBD is technically a chemical, too.

If weed makes you happy and helps you sleep and makes your Onion and Garlic chips taste like da bomb...go for it. Life's short. Don't let Debbie Downers tell you that you are on the highway to hell.

On 2022-01-05 at 12:15 PM, Goalie said:

Anybody who smokes it or uses it knows its called weed. Who honestly goes to the store and asks to see the cannabis they have? Nobody. People who think you forget things or get munchies and other dumb myths that just aren't true 

Maybe it just you forgetting that you had the munchies.