Cannabis, Pot, Reefer, & Marijuana

TrueBlue4ever

32 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Hate to break it to you but if the Bombers or any other CFL team were to get rid of the pot heads there wouldn't be many players left.

Hey, to each his own, if he wants to use, it’s legal, but on top of his DUI arrest this past season, this does raise a bit of a red flag for me. JMO. 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Also another fun fact I found out...which isn't surprising because I saw him my companies store a few times...but Lawler is a massive pot head. Which just makes me like him even more

Here's a fun fact.

You better hope your company doesn't find out that you are publicly outing their customers otherwise you will be rightfully out of a job.

Also another fun fact I found out...which isn't surprising because I saw him my companies store a few times...but Lawler is a massive pot head. Which just makes me like him even more

Better weed than harmful pain killers and meds. More should do it.

Obviously in a safe way.

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Great article. She sounded awesome. Glad she is in the HOF.

16 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Here's a fun fact.

You better hope your company doesn't find out that you are publicly outing their customers otherwise you will be rightfully out of a job.

Outing him for using a legal substance? 

Who cares?

19 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Obviously in a safe way.

Outing him for using a legal substance?   Who cares?

A potential employer might. Safety-sensitive jobs (and a receiver is not one) require zero levels of MASes but for occasional users, no big deal. For heavier users, the problems of short-term memory impairment, reduced night-vision adaptability, emotional blunting and even induced psychosis (like what happened to Seth Rogan at the Adele concert) are possibilities.  And then one regular-strength joint plus one beer in 20 minutes produces the same effect as a six-pack in the same length of time. 

23 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Obviously in a safe way.

Outing him for using a legal substance? 

Who cares?

Not even close to the point. 

This is a public forum and we all have a reasonable expectation of anonymity in our daily lives. Especially from employees of places we choose to shop.

17 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Not even close to the point. 

This is a public forum and we all have a reasonable expectation of anonymity in our daily lives. Especially from employees of places we choose to shop.

The stigma around marijuana is old schooll bullshit. 

He has the right to privacy but nobody should care any more than any other legal substance. 

22 minutes ago, Tracker said:

A potential employer might. Safety-sensitive jobs (and a receiver is not one) require zero levels of MASes but for occasional users, no big deal. For heavier users, the problems of short-term memory impairment, reduced night-vision adaptability, emotional blunting and even induced psychosis (like what happened to Seth Rogan at the Adele concert) are possibilities.  And then one regular-strength joint plus one beer in 20 minutes produces the same effect as a six-pack in the same length of time. 

It is better than alcohol or pain killers in every way. These side effects are quite honestly comical to bring up. It comes from years of stigmatization of a a naturally occuring plant. It has proven therapeutic benefits, alcohol has some sketchy "wine can be good for your heart" non conclusive reports.

Alcohol is basically all physically harmful on some level. it devastates lives after first use many times I am sure. Far more often than marijuana.

As far as work requirements that is between someone and their employer and none of our concern at all. 

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

FYI outside of Milt Stegall...  I'd say nearly every guy who played with the BB from the States was into weed in the last 25 years.  

Just from the States? 

38 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

It is better than alcohol or pain killers in every way. These side effects are quite honestly comical to bring up. It comes from years of stigmatization of a a naturally occuring plant. It has proven therapeutic benefits, alcohol has some sketchy "wine can be good for your heart" non conclusive reports.

Alcohol is basically all physically harmful on some level. it devastates lives after first use many times I am sure. Far more often than marijuana.

As far as work requirements that is between someone and their employer and none of our concern at all. 

Just from the States? 

The reference to it being ok because it's a naturally occurring plant is kinda BS though... Cocaine comes from a naturally occurring plant too.

It has been proven many times over that cannabis is harmful to brain development for users under the age of 25.

13 minutes ago, Sard said:

The reference to it being ok because it's a naturally occurring plant is kinda BS though... Cocaine comes from a naturally occurring plant too.

It has been proven many times over that cannabis is harmful to brain development for users under the age of 25.

The comparison was alcohol and pain killers vs stigmatizing marijuana.

I never said it was harmless, I said it was better than the other two. 

Do you think toradol and alcohol are better for brain development? 

Edited by Geebrr

51 minutes ago, Brandon said:

FYI outside of Milt Stegall...  I'd say nearly every guy who played with the BB from the States was into weed in the last 25 years.  

That's a bit of an exaggeration, but football locker rooms have very high numbers of marijuana users as a general rule.  Pat McAfee on his podcast said that NFL offseason weed use was extremely high among players, and that players took masking agents to beat the drug tests. He said every locker room had their suppliers of masking agents and they were state of the art. 

CFL players don't even need to mask it as it is not a prohibited substance and weed use is rampant in CFL locker rooms. Always has been, to the point that the CFLPA would not allow it to be on the list of PEDs the league proposed.

58 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Hate to break it to some posters on here but when Willie is talking about coming down to the Smoke he is talking about the fact that WInnipeg is known for how good it's weed supply is. 

15 minutes ago, Sard said:

Also have you ever seen how cocaine is actually made? 

You are not just crushing up some leaves.

Marijuana is not processed. "Cocaine" certainly is. 

Edited by Geebrr

59 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Just from the States? 

I suggest that your view is based on decades-old data, where pot was 3-4% potency but now the stuff is 19-25% potency and has caused a lot of trouble for many people. You say that the matter is between the person and employer- would you be comfortable boarding an plane where the pilot was stoned? Whether or not it is more problematic than alcohol or opioids is irrelevant- THC has to stand on its own merits or liabilities. 

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I am not a fan of Marijuana... but it's legal so why are people making a big deal about players using it? No different than alcohol at this point. 

There is a vast difference between casual, recreational use and problematic use. What causes a problem is a problem. 

2 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I suggest that your view is based on decades-old data, where pot was 3-4% potency but now the stuff is 19-25% potency and has caused a lot of trouble for many people. You say that the matter is between the person and employer- would you be comfortable boarding an plane where the pilot was stoned? Whether or not it is more problematic than alcohol or opioids is irrelevant- THC has to stand on its own merits or liabilities. 

There is a vast difference between casual, recreational use and problematic use. What causes a problem is a problem. 

Do you know that marijuana is federally regulated and you get the CBD and THC expressed in mg/g. 

You seem to be fine with a drunk pilot flying your plane. 

This is pure hyperbole you are using of extreme hypothetical examples

I do suggest looking into this more as I believe that you are using out of date research.

8 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Do you know that marijuana is federally regulated and you get the CBD and THC expressed in mg/g. 

You seem to be fine with a drunk pilot flying your plane. 

This is pure hyperbole you are using of extreme hypothetical examples

I do suggest looking into this more as I believe that you are using out of date research.

Pilots are routinely screened for ALL forms of intoxication, as are several other professions considered to be safety=sensitive. Yes, possession and use of THC/CBD is now legal, but legal sales account for only 15/% of usage. Insofar as my knowledge is concerned, my credentials and work history qualify me to comment.

Edited by Tracker

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Pilots are routinely screened for ALL forms of intoxication, as are several other professions considered to be safety=sensitive. Yes, possession and use of THC/CBD is now legal, but legal sales account for only 15/% of usage. Insofar as my knowledge is concerned, my credentials and work history qualify me to comment.

We are not going to agree.

25 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I am not a fan of Marijuana... but it's legal so why are people making a big deal about players using it? No different than alcohol at this point. 

Exactly. If anything athletes probably shouldn't be using anything because they're athletes. But I'd have a hard time arguing alcohol was better for your body than weed. I personally flipped over as my go-to because alcohol kills my stomach and I almost never feel great after having any amount of it. Weed at worst I'd feel a bit groggy

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

Which does not make him a reliable athlete.

It's 2021 man. Lawler is a stoner....but hes 100% not the only one. If you dont think Jefferson is a reliable athlete well...im not sure what youve been watching.

Sounds like you could use some education on how cannabis impacts the body. Hint....everything that was traditionally taught about pot is actually only true for alcohol. 

This response will be joined to my earlier one I'm guessing but....

First. It's not Marijuana. It's Cannabis. Marijuana is a plant found in Mexico that is very similar to tobacco. People started using Marijuana to confuse farmers in the 1930(ish) so they wouldn't realize they were actually voting to make their hemp crops illegal.

Also claims about potency going from 3-4% to 25-30% is hilarious and factually incorrect. Yes cannabis is more potent today than in the 60s. But to claim it was only 3% back when they didn't have tech to actually test is a funny take. Also without getting into details of how the plant grows and actually accumulates cannabinoids (THCA, CBDA etc) what most people get today in store is closer to 15-20%. Testing is not in anyway an exact science. And every flower bud will have a different potency than the next, even from the same plant. Only very rarely will you see 30% plus potency....and even then to say the entire plant holds that....is questionable at best. Companies often send out their best product to be tested, it is 100% not reliable.

In terms of privacy, I'm sure Lawler will be fine with me talking about him on here....you know due to him taking multiple photos with staff that were solely for the purpose of social media. Jefferson also posted a video in his private residence where a small Bong was seen. So please Get off your high (no pun intended) horse. 

You're credentials etc aside. I can tell you do not actually understand the plant and what it does/doesn't do. So please feel free to message me if you'd like a more thorough education.

3 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Here's a fun fact.

Calm your **** Catan. No one cares.

Edited by Bigblue204

One more thing before I go. During Grey cup week, the entire team was talked to about their cannabis use. As in they kept walking into meetings smelling like pot. So if for whatever brain dead reason you think there is only a hand full of users on any given football team (NFL or CFL) I'd invite you to start living in the 21st century.

4 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Hey, to each his own, if he wants to use, it’s legal, but on top of his DUI arrest this past season, this does raise a bit of a red flag for me. JMO. 

No red flags for me. People with everyday lives & good jobs, husbands, mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, they all make mistakes. He'll face a judge & accept whatever punishment is given out. Then it's over. He should be allowed to live his life in peace & play football. Hopefully with us. 

I don't drink much anymore. My partying days are over but 40 some years ago, I liked to go out & drink a lot. I drove drunk more than a few times home from the bar or house party. I'm not proud of it & I'm lucky I was never killed or injured as well as anyone else. I'm also lucky I was never stopped by the cops as I would have had my license suspended. When I got married, I cleaned up my act. We had a baby & my days partying were voluntarily over. Nobody told me I had to. It was my choice. To this day, I don't miss the lapses in memory or the hangovers.

One of my closest & dearest friends passed away in 2008. He was caught driving drunk on 2 occasions in the 90's & early 2000's. His last time he had a single vehicle accident, totalled his car & ended up in hospital. Lost his license, too. I hadn't seen him for a number of years as I had moved to Calgary. His Dad told me he had liver disease. That he drank himself to death. His wife left him because of his drinking. He couldn't take the loneliness & guilt so he drank even more. Sad. He was a great guy & a HUGE Bomber fan. He would have loved the past 2 seasons. He never got to see his beloved team win B2B Grey Cups. I miss him everyday. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

First. It's not Marijuana. It's Cannabis. Marijuana is a plant found in Mexico that is very similar to tobacco. People started using Marijuana to confuse farmers in the 1930(ish) so they wouldn't realize they were actually voting to make their hemp crops illegal

Language evolves, marijuana refers to cannabis these days.