The RIP 2022 Thread

iHeart

29 minutes ago, JCon said:

Coal Miner's Daughter. She will always be a legend. RIP Loretta. 

one of the best to ever do it. We're down to Dolly and Willie, from The Greatest Generation. Dolly seems to be doing just fine (she's a bit younger) but Willie's been living on borrowed time for awhile. He's in "any day now..." territory...

I really hope that doesn't happen anytime soon (ironically he performed at the 1981 Oscars as well I had no idea On the Road Again was an Oscar nominated song but hey I manage to learn something new when I watch them, shame he lost to Fame though, but 1981 was a busy year for the best original song category it was between Willie, and Dolly, and Dionne and the two songs from Fame) too bad Loretta didn't write a new song for the CMD it could have been eligible too

Edited by iHeart

On 2022-10-04 at 10:25 AM, iHeart said:

I should really see that film someday

That's done, Sissy Spacek's a good singer (she definitely earned her Oscar), I bet Loretta and Patsy are performing a helluva show up there (I had to google the second she brought up the show in Kansas and I thought oh ****). Tommy Lee Jones was so young then I almost didn't recognize him. I wonder if Crystal Gale will ever get a biopic...hard to miss the Minnie Pearl cameo

Edited by iHeart

'Harry Potter' Actor Robbie Coltrane Dead at 72

Robbie Coltrane, seen here in 2013, starred in the entirety of the "Harry Potter" franchise for a decade. J CARTER RINALDI VIA GETTY IMAGES
Robbie Coltrane, who starred as Hagrid in the “Harry Potter” films, has died at 72, his agent told the BBC on Friday.

“Robbie will probably be best remembered for decades to come as Hagrid... a role which brought joy to children and adults alike, prompting a stream of fan letters every week for over 20 years,” his agent Belinda Wright said.

https://tvline.com/2022/10/24/leslie-jordan-dead-cause-of-death-obituary-will-and-grace/

I don't know how many Call me Kat's he has left but he has at least one more Masked Singer Guest appearance...I think

Update: He has four more Kats to go and his final Masked singer airs on the 6th (I wish they  wouldn't I know they have to finish the season but geez it not while Hudson and Rex is airing)

Edited by iHeart