The RIP 2022 Thread

iHeart

'Goodfellas' Actor Ray Liotta Dead At 67

Actor Ray Liotta, best known for his roles in “Field of Dreams” and “Goodfellas,” has died at the age of 67, according to reports Thursday.

The actor was filming a movie called “Dangerous Waters” in the Dominican Republic when he died in his sleep. No foul play is suspected, Deadline and TMZ first reported.

4 hours ago, GCJenks said:

Music world lost another legend today with the passing of Ronnie Hawkins. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/ronnie-hawkins-obituary-1.6470162?__vfz=medium%3Dsharebar

Ronnie Hawkins, Key Figure in Canadian Rock and Mentor of The Band, Dies at 87
-Getty
Ronnie Hawkins, known by some as “the father of Canadian rock ‘n’ roll,” died on Sunday morning. He was 87. Hawkins’ wife, Wanda, confirmed his death after an undisclosed illness. An Arkansas native, Hawkins was known for having an eye for talent and credited with inspiring much of the Canadian rock ‘n’ roll scene. In the 1950s, he went on a Canadian tour and later moved to Canada, recognizing that he could have a greater impact in a country where rock was in its fledgling form. There, Hawkins formed a group of backup musicians that later became known as The Band, who eventually played with Bob Dylan and became iconic in their own right. The Band invited Hawkins, who went on to mentor more Canadian musicians, on stage for their final show in 1976, with the scene featured in Martin Scorsese’s documentary The Last Waltz. When The Band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, guitarist Robbie Robertson said: “We should thank Ronnie Hawkins in being so instrumental in us coming together and for teaching us the ‘code of the road,’ so to speak.”

The Hawk! So sad. I'm a big fan of The Band and have a few albums when the Hawks were with him. Larger than life character from the deep south, who fell in love with Canada. 

Here's the Hawk performing with The Band during their legendary last concert (The Last Dance). 

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Oh, but they're keeping Edge. 

Need to drop that too, its garbage. I went to Chrome awhile ago now and quite glad that I did. Its just way more smoother, innovative etc than IE ever thought about being.

Edited by Wilbur

46 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Need to drop that too, its garbage. I went to Chrome awhile ago now and quite glad that I did. Its just way more smoother, innovative etc than IE ever thought about being.

You may wish to check out the Opera browser- less of a systems hog, faster than Edge and with built-in VPN.

40 minutes ago, iHeart said:

yeah I had said this to a facebook friend "Microsoft needs to do better in the internet browser department"

One would think that, given all the tech expertise of Microsoft, they could come up with a browser that would blow all the others into the weeds.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Wheres the Edge hate coming from? It's pretty much the same as Chrome and vertical tabs are innovative.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

You may wish to check out the Opera browser- less of a systems hog, faster than Edge and with built-in VPN.

One would think that, given all the tech expertise of Microsoft, they could come up with a browser that would blow all the others into the weeds.

Love Chrome but will check that our cheers. Used to mess with Firefox but not anymore.

3 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Wheres the Edge hate coming from? It's pretty much the same as Chrome and vertical tabs are innovative.

I just find Chrome to be easier to use friend; for me at least. I'm also an Android guy versus an Apple one but that's another whole conversation lol.