The RIP 2022 Thread

iHeart

On 2022-04-30 at 4:32 PM, Noeller said:

Been a tough week. First Shane Yellowbird and now Naomi Judd.... 

Apparently Naomi Judd took her own life:
“Today we sisters experienced a tragedy. We lost our beautiful mother to the disease of mental illness" ,daughters Wynonna Judd and Ashley Judd shared in a Saturday, April 30, Twitter statement. “We are shattered. We are navigating profound grief and know that as we loved her, she was loved by her public. We are in unknown territory.”

they didn't SPECIFICALLY say "took her own life" but that's the assumption. She was on a lot of meds, and my personal take is that she accidentally OD-ed on them. It's important to not mess with your prescription dosages with anti-depressants. 

Country Icon Naomi Judd, 76, Died by Suicide, Report Says

Multiple sources have confirmed to People magazine that country star Naomi Judd, 76, took her own life.

The news follows an announcement made Saturday by her daughters, Ashley Judd and Wynonna Judd, that their mother had died. “Today we sisters experienced a tragedy. We lost our beautiful mother to the disease of mental illness. We are shattered,” they said, without elaborating. Naomi Judd was candid throughout her career about her struggles with mental illness and depression, as chronicled in her 2016 memoir, River of Time: My Descent into Depression and How I Emerged with Hope. Regarding suicidal depression, the Grammy winner told People, “Nobody can understand it unless you’ve been there.”

26 minutes ago, Noeller said:

👆 :( 

Depression is something many of us go through and can actually be helpful. Melancholic depression where the individual is actively considering self-harm is the critical one- if the person has a plan and a time, it is time to get that person to a hospital or call EMS or the police. RIGHT NOW.

Do not accept that s/he will be all right- someone committed enough to formulate a time and a method will lie.

Edited by Tracker

My uncle committed suicide 20 years ago almost to the day. We didn't understand then but we convinced ourselves we do now. Remember that day and honestly weren't even that close with him. Just remember the day very vividly. You wonder why and could drive yourself crazy thinking about why, I was a young teen at the time, he had 2 young kids,  recent divorce. My mom has told us he was bullied as a youngster and had some depression issues but ppl just looked the other way then. Could we have saved him knowing what we know now? No. I don't think so cuz sometimes ppl do things that we can't or won't ever understand.  In his mind, he wasn't happy and that was his way out and that's the opinion you will likely end up at of you have dealt with it also.  In their mind they aren't happy and nothing will ever change that. 

Edited by Goalie

6 hours ago, iHeart said:

sigh we'll always have live action Inspector Gadget

https://tvline.com/2022/05/06/mike-hagerty-dead-friends-actor-mr-treeger-dies/

Loved him on Lucky Louie....

"See... you're just on your first wife... with her you're gonna make all the mistakes. Then with your second wife you'll try to correct those mistakes and make worse, new ones. Now your third wife... yah.... there's a marriage."