The RIP 2022 Thread

iHeart

2 hours ago, iHeart said:

I don't think we ever had QVC in Canada but then again does anyone even watch any form of home shopping channels anymore?

Old women with shopping addictions still love QVC.  I've watched numerous episodes of Hoarders in which an older lady gets out of control and buys thousands of items off of tv. 

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Scott Hall aka Razor Ramon has passed away. RIP Da Bad Guy 

What happened? That's sad. He had issues with drugs & alcohol especially in the waning years of his active career in WCW. I saw a video of him in the early 2000's showing up at an Indy event & he was so drunk he couldn't stand up, let alone wrestle. Diamond Dallas Page took him in & cleaned him up over a decade ago. 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What happened? That's sad. He had issues with drugs & alcohol especially in the waning years of his active career in WCW. I saw a video of him in the early 2000's showing up at an Indy event & he was so drunk he couldn't stand up, let alone wrestle. Diamond Dallas Page took him in & cleaned him up over a decade ago. 

He had complications from his hip transplant. Three heart attacks. They kept him on life support until the family could gather. 

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

He had complications from his hip transplant. Three heart attacks. They kept him on life support until the family could gather. 

They took him off it about 4 hours 25 minutes ago. He died about 5 minutes b4 raw started so he hung in there a bit

51 minutes ago, Goalie said:

They took him off it about 4 hours 25 minutes ago. He died about 5 minutes b4 raw started so he hung in there a bit

I saw Scott Hall iwrestle at the old Winnipeg Arena in early 1985 during his pre Razor Ramon days. He was this huge dude who looked like a body builder pushing 290 lbs. He wrestled Curt Hennig & defeated him. Most of the crowd had no idea who Hall was. He was all roided up. He really trimmed down when he wrestled as Razor Ramon. I knew about the shooting death in Florida. The guy was reaching for his gun so what was he supposed to do? he was never charged as I think it was viewed as self defense but it took a toll on his life afterward.

30 Days of Mustaches for Movember Day 10 - Scott Hall : r/SquaredCircle

Scott Hall - The Traumatic Incident of January 1983 (prowrestlingstories.com)

Edited by SpeedFlex27

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/foo-fighters-drummer-taylor-hawkins-obituary-1327112/

“The Foo Fighters family is devastated by the tragic and untimely loss of our beloved Taylor Hawkins,” the band wrote on Facebook.

“His musical spirit and infectious laughter will live on with all of us forever.

“Our hearts go out to his wife, children and family, and we ask that their privacy be treated with the utmost respect in this unimaginably difficult time.”

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

24 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/foo-fighters-drummer-taylor-hawkins-obituary-1327112/

“The Foo Fighters family is devastated by the tragic and untimely loss of our beloved Taylor Hawkins,” the band wrote on Facebook.

“His musical spirit and infectious laughter will live on with all of us forever.

“Our hearts go out to his wife, children and family, and we ask that their privacy be treated with the utmost respect in this unimaginably difficult time.”

WHAT THE ****

Nobody's saying at this point, and CoD really doesn't matter. We've lost one of the all time greats. Imagine the confidence it takes to be a drummer in Dave Grohl's band....??? The balls on that guy. And he was incredible. If you needed it soft and finesse-y, or full on' wailin', he could give you everything. Fell down a YouTube rabbit hole last night and ended up watching their show from Wembley that they've got posted online. God, I love the Foo....and Hawkins was such a key cog. 

On 2022-03-25 at 10:50 PM, MOBomberFan said:

WHAT THE ****

Foo Fighters Drummer Taylor Hawkins Died With 10 Drugs in His System, Authorities Say

R.I.P.

Colombian authorities say toxicology tests on Taylor Hawkins preliminarily found marijuana, benzodiazepines and opioids.