The RIP 2022 Thread

iHeart

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Missed this local one from Wednesday night. Greg Brodsky - revered criminal defence lawyer in the city, although he hadn’t actually won a case of great significance in the last 25-30 years. 

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/local/winnipeg/2022/2/10/1_5776888.amp.html

That guy was greeeeeeeeeeeeeasy.   Defended some truly evil people. 

man Moonbeam and Thunderella are the last Dwarfelles standing (this is something you would understand if you saw the animated film Happily Ever After)

oh yeah she did that OTHER Rocky and Bullwinkle movie back in the early 90s (the one that co-starred Dave Thomas and had John Candy exploding after he ate a grenade disguised as a potato)

Edited by iHeart

On 2022-01-09 at 6:47 PM, iHeart said:

WHAT THE **** I will admit my biggest memories of him are of Full House and AFV.

and talk about ironically appropriate ABC News actually interrupted the tail end of AFV to break the news about Saget

this is from Bergeron's final AFV 

Investigators reveal new details about Bob Saget’s death, say it’s “definitely an unusual case”

Earlier this month, Orange County Sheriff officials revealed that Bob Saget sustained an accidental blow to the back of his head and passed in his sleep. On Wednesday, officials proposed a new theory about the "Full House" star's final moments after uncovering new details from video footage.

According to PEOPLE, Saget was last seen exiting the ninth-floor elevator of the Ritz-Carlton Orlando hotel in Florida and walking down the hallway towards his room. Authorities who reviewed the surveillance video said that Saget "showed no sign of distress."

Saget reportedly hung a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the doorknob and entered his room at 2:17 a.m. His door remained closed until the following afternoon on Jan. 9, when officials responded to a man-down call around 4 p.m. and found him unresponsive. Saget was pronounced dead at the scene.

Authorities believe that Saget lost consciousness in his room's bathroom, fell backwards and struck his head on the marble floor. No blood or hair were found on the bathroom's marble end tables and counters.

Authorities also believe that Saget regained consciousness before getting into bed. He lost consciousness again and died in his sleep. His time of death was said to be around 4 a.m.

"It's definitely an unusual case," an Orange County Sheriff's deputy told PEOPLE. "There are still a lot of unanswered questions."

Last Tuesday, Saget's widow, Kelly Rizzo, and their three daughters filed a lawsuit against Orange County Sheriff John Mina and the medical examiner's office, asking that they don't release graphic medical records concerning Saget's death. The family explained that the public release of such records would cause them to "suffer irreparable harm in the form of extreme mental pain, anguish and emotional distress." The Orange County Sheriff's Department countered the request, stating that they must uphold their "commitment to transparency."

According to his autopsy report, Saget tested positive for COVID-19 prior to his death. He suffered from skull fractures, brain injuries, abrasions and blood buildup within his skull and scalp. A sedative medication and an antidepressant were also found in his system.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, iHeart said:

I don't think we ever had QVC in Canada but then again does anyone even watch any form of home shopping channels anymore?

I think people still watch and buy. I'm sure the model has changed, which incorporates online shopping.

We have Today's Shopping Choice (???) - TSC. You can watch it now! ;)