2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

54 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

It WAS built in Winnipeg…..in 1955. 

Tim Horton’s was modelled after Canadinns because that’s what their budget allowed for. when IG Field was being constructed I spoke with one of the project managers for the club when I got to view my potential new seats, and he said both Hamilton and Sask sent reps to see what they could learn from the build. Sask learned that their build would cost triple what the Bombers paid, and Hamilton learned that for the same price as IG Field all they could afford was a design similar to Canadinns but with no end zone seats. They were very jealous of the deal we struck.  Of course, we paid for our sweet deal once construction deficiencies and repairs upped the true cost. 

The upper decks on both sides just look like they stopped because they ran out of money. Caretaker Bob is a billionaire. Did he put any of his money into the thing? With Hamilton Ti Cats history, tradition & establishment in the community TH Field should be 30,000 seats. If Young didn't help finance the construction & it was supposed to be a bigger & nicer stadium then something is wrong. The losers are the fans.

I'm grateful & proud of IG Field.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

16 hours ago, Mark H. said:

The Canadian players have an impact on the overall product.

But I'm curious - what do they complain about? 

Mostly that the CFL isn't the top football league, the product and coverage can be bad, sometimes things like rules or reffing. 

To these folks, who only want to watch "the best," it doesn't matter if there are 7 or 0 Canadians playing. They aren't going to watch and the league is unlikely to draw them in, in my opinion. The CFL should still try to attract new fans obviously, but you also don't want to lose the ones you have. 

On 2022-05-28 at 6:08 PM, TrueBlue4ever said:

It WAS built in Winnipeg…..in 1955. 

Tim Horton’s was modelled after Canadinns because that’s what their budget allowed for. when IG Field was being constructed I spoke with one of the project managers for the club when I got to view my potential new seats, and he said both Hamilton and Sask sent reps to see what they could learn from the build. Sask learned that their build would cost triple what the Bombers paid, and Hamilton learned that for the same price as IG Field all they could afford was a design similar to Canadinns but with no end zone seats. They were very jealous of the deal we struck.  Of course, we paid for our sweet deal once construction deficiencies and repairs upped the true cost. 

1953 actually.