2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

https://3downnation.com/2022/05/20/riders-roster-cutdown-deadline-set-three-days-later-than-any-other-team-following-cfl-schedule-change/

Riders get a later cut down date than any one. I would rather see every one get a pushed back cut down day out side of alberta. But honestly we don't hesitate to make cuts just announce them. And the riders will just hide 100 guys on the IR and suspended list any way. 

13 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

https://3downnation.com/2022/05/20/riders-roster-cutdown-deadline-set-three-days-later-than-any-other-team-following-cfl-schedule-change/

Riders get a later cut down date than any one. I would rather see every one get a pushed back cut down day out side of alberta. But honestly we don't hesitate to make cuts just announce them. And the riders will just hide 100 guys on the IR and suspended list any way. 

Housing prices are out of control. I bet they're only hiding 80 players now. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I think Arbuckle would automatically make the Riders a MUCH better team, so here's hoping he stays under-used with the L'ks...

I wouldn't say much better if the o line can't keep him upright. Fajardo has been good for that team because he can evade pressure

Just now, BBlink said:

I wouldn't say much better if the o line can't keep him upright. Fajardo has been good for that team because he can evade pressure

a lot of good that does when you're just running around and doing nothing else. Can't hit a receiver on the run, can't hit a receiver more than 10 yards down the field..... Fajardo hasn't been good for anyone except every team the Riders play. 

12 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Then how far off is oconner behind him though? I think they only have 3 qbs under contract right now and from what I heard teams are going back to a 3 qb roster. Of all the questionable positions teams have league wide, bc's qb spot is the biggest question mark. And thats the last position you want a ?

They wanted to cheap out at qb so they could strengthen other areas. It's a gamble that could pay off or really backfire for the Lions. If O'Rourke isn't the answer, a lot of dominos on that team willstart to fall. Not to mention the fact that if O'Rourke does play well then he'll have to be paid which means some players will be gone. Even if he doesn't play well & is rteplaced by a veteran CFL qb he'll still have to be paid & they'll have the same problem.  Not the best way to manage the salary cap. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

22 hours ago, wbbfan said:

So, why do the Riders get a break & we don't? We were supposed to play that game on May 23rd & now it's been moved to May 31st as well? 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

So, why do the Riders get a break & we don't? We were supposed to play that game on May 23rd & now it's been moved to May 31st as well? 

I suspect that its because the riders are set up to play the last pre season game of the year, where as the first game of week 2 in the preseason is our last game. 

I don't agree with it, giving un fair edges to teams is bad for every one. Like us not playing ott at all last year. But I don't expect much better. 

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I suspect that its because the riders are set up to play the last pre season game of the year, where as the first game of week 2 in the preseason is our last game. 

I don't agree with it, giving un fair edges to teams is bad for every one. Like us not playing ott at all last year. But I don't expect much better. 

Does this count as a competitive advantage in any way?

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Teams shouldn't be given this kind of an advatage. Just like when the players went on strike, the practices in YYC & YEG should have stopped. The 2 teams could have meetings until they were in a legal strike postion but not physical practices.

Maybe it's karma but Edmonton had to cancel their inter-squad game on Sat as they have too many injuries on their o-line.

10 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Maybe it's karma but Edmonton had to cancel their inter-squad game on Sat as they have too many injuries on their o-line.

Unknowns at qb...prob a porous line..good on u Kenny getting bank but 10 bucks says Elingson outproduces and goes deeeeep into playoffs...banking a lil extra ching ching

Not sure if anyone's been following the goings on at Lks TC, but Chris Jones calling Commonwealth a dump and they can't get the scoreboard to work properly or play music on the in house speakers. It sounds like the newly reformed marriage in Edmonton is off to a rocky start.... 

5 hours ago, Booch said:

Unknowns at qb...prob a porous line..good on u Kenny getting bank but 10 bucks says Elingson outproduces and goes deeeeep into playoffs...banking a lil extra ching ching

Lawler took a shot at Winnipeg saying he likes Edmonton because it's "more scenic" & it's a lot bigger. There's more to do, he says. I'd think that since our teams made him who he is & the fans loved him here that he could have kept his mouth shut & not make going to Edmonton a personal thing. Any outsider who says negative things about My City is fighting words. 

35 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Lawler took a shot at Winnipeg saying he likes Edmonton because it's "more scenic" & it's a lot bigger. There's more to do, he says. I'd think that since our teams made him who he is & the fans loved him here that he could have kept his mouth shut & not make going to Edmonton a personal thing. Any outsider who says negative things about My City is fighting words. 

i mean he's not wrong, Winnipeg is a dump lol

I could write a thesis on Edmonton vs Winnipeg. I love Edmonton.... Because it is so much like Winnipeg. It's Winnipeg if Winnipeg had oil money. 

I ******* LOVE Winnipeg and think it's the most underrated city in Canada. The second my life changes to the point where my wife and I are able to leave AB, I'm on my way...