2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

15 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

I hope you’re right as this spring has me pretty low, I need some football to get things steering in the right direction. 

As I see it, neither side has a strong bargaining position, so both will have to water their wine and get it done.

55 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Suitors take. I'm not sure I agree with giving up on wanting transparency with the revenue sharing. Why shouldn't they want that? 

Sign a 10 year CBA to "see how things unfold over the next couple of years."

We've all heard Suitor talk enough to know he isn't very clever but now it's confirmed in print.

3 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Man if the player's think there is a huge amount of uncounted coin in the CFL then we are in trouble...the only 2 teams that from my count that might of made some money is Wpg, Sask and that is not including what they had to share to prop up TO. 

It's not that they think there's a huge amount of money.... Just more than the owners are willing to admit. 

Here's more from Bighill... 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

12 padded practices is less than one a week and way less than they used to have. Heck, they had 2 a days in pads back in the day. That's a dumb hill to die on IMO.

Revenue sharing? What revenue? The CFL is propping up teams with money from the other clubs. Edmonton lost over a million bucks last year. The players have no business in sharing revenue unless they're willing to share the losses to and we all know they aren't about to do that.

I agree with 5 years and setting the expiry date at least 30 days before training camps. I'd like to see it set to the last day in March.

42 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

12 padded practices is less than one a week and way less than they used to have. Heck, they had 2 a days in pads back in the day. That's a dumb hill to die on IMO.

Revenue sharing? What revenue? The CFL is propping up teams with money from the other clubs. Edmonton lost over a million bucks last year. The players have no business in sharing revenue unless they're willing to share the losses to and we all know they aren't about to do that.

I agree with 5 years and setting the expiry date at least 30 days before training camps. I'd like to see it set to the last day in March.

Why are owners refusing an auditor?

If there isn’t transparency during negotiations, I wouldn’t sign a deal either.

14 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Not an Ambrosie fan but this has nothing to do with him.

The letter he wrote & subsequently released by the CFL has nothing to do with him? He took a figure of $18.9 million & presented it in a way that it was never presented before so it can be interpreted in different ways to make it more confusing has nothing to do with him? C'mon, man. According to the way I read it, that means the salary cap is increasing $2.7 million per year over the next 7 years. Do you believe that? We know it's not true. Just tell us what the salary cap is increasing to & by how much per year over the seven years. Be honest. Not this.

20 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The letter he wrote & subsequently released by the CFL has nothing to do with him? He took a figure of $18.9 million & presented it in a way that it was never presented before so it can be interpreted in different ways to make it more confusing has nothing to do with him? C'mon, man. According to the way I read it, that means the salary cap is increasing $2.7 million per year over the next 7 years. Do you believe that? We know it's not true. Just tell us what the salary cap is increasing to & by how much per year over the seven years. Be honest. Not this.

He's just a figurehead. He's not negotiating this contract. 

If you need to send your hate to one person, sure it's his job to take it - but none of this is coming from him.

6 minutes ago, Jesse said:

He's just a figurehead. He's not negotiating this contract. 

If you need to send your hate to one person, sure it's his job to take it - but none of this is coming from him.

Then he needs to STHU & know his role which seems to be butterflies flying & little birds chirping by a beautiful mountain stream on a warm, sunny day. Singing. "All You Need Is Love" while wearing a great scarf. Cum by ya. 

No, he wrote the letter. He's the face of the league. People listen to what he says. He deliberately muddied the water to confuse the issue. And to make the offer look a lot better than it is. He's as involved as the BOG's. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Then he needs to STHU & know his role which seems to be butterflies flying & little birds chirping by a beautiful mountain stream on a warm, sunny day. Singing. "All You Need Is Love" while wearing a great scarf. Cum by ya. 

No, he wrote the letter. He's the face of the league. People listen to what he says. He deliberately muddied the water to confuse the issue. And to make the offer look a lot better than it is. He's as involved as the BOG's. 

He works for the BOG's he is following their direction and trying to get the best deal for them. I dont understand why commissioners in pro sports leagues get so much hate while Owners generally get a pass for the actions that they influence. If you guys are mad get mad at Wade Miller or whoever sits on the BOGs as the bombers representatives 

11 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

He works for the BOG's he is following their direction and trying to get the best deal for them. I dont understand why commissioners in pro sports leagues get so much hate while Owners generally get a pass for the actions that they influence. If you guys are mad get mad at Wade Miller or whoever sits on the BOGs as the bombers representatives 

I feel way more offended at Wade Miller.

Definitely lost some respect.

I keep thinking that Ambrosie is creating the same kind of heat Bettman does, so maybe Ambrosie is actually a genius and doing his job really well...? Because we all despise Bettman but he is beloved by the NHL owners. 

Ambrosie is just the figurehead for Miller/Mitchell.