2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

10 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

It's not really that hard to extrapolate, especially for someone like Hufnagel who called plays in the league and played QB for >20 years.

My point was voting to explore something does not necessarily mean voting in favour of changing something.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

It's bad enough... Shouldn't have even got that far. 

C'mon, they are in private discussions to improve the league/game. No one should be afraid to bring anything up in those types of meetings.

Someone brought it up, everyone said no, on to the next point.

16 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

There was a vote on whether to advance 4 downs as a possible discussion point. It was voted down. Therefore, the league did not even discuss 4 downs as being an option, they voted against even talking about it Arash.

6 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

There was a vote on whether to advance 4 downs as a possible discussion point. It was voted down. Therefore, the league did not even discuss 4 downs as being an option, they voted against even talking about it Arash.

Please let me know exactly what the question or motion that was voted on. Thanks!

19 hours ago, JCon said:

Please let me know exactly what the question or motion that was voted on. Thanks!

According to Hufnagel, the league was putting forth ideas to improve the game to be fleshed out for further discussion/consideration by the rules committee. Somebody suggested the league consider advancing 4 downs for further discussion. It was voted down 7-2. Hufnagel himself said he would have likely voted against a change to 4 downs if it had ever gotten to that point but thought it was something that should at least be discussed.

On 2022-05-01 at 7:48 PM, MOBomberFan said:

The other vote was from Toronto according to Madani. I always knew Pinball hated the CFL

Pinball loves the CFL but he loves his paycheque more and his bosses want 4 downs....preferably NFL if a team is granted to Canada someday.

29 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Is the draft tonight on tsn? 

Does this draft suck? Covid play a role here? Is there a consensus top 5 or 6 then nothing or futures? 

Global draft later this morning (11am CST) on the CFL website.  The regular draft is on TSN tonight from 8-10.