2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

So did no one in the league  check out Genius Sports before this deal was signed? Did no one talk about their vision for the league ? I will guarantee that some in the league planned this.I suspect certain teams have pulled a fast one and brought ( snuck, slipped ) in a marketer who shares their vision of playing NFL rules. 4 down football without most of the other NFL. rules would be a joke. 3 downs go, the rest does. ( and so do I )

Edited by the watcher

8 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Was saying to noeller earlier, Calgary is a city where interest in the Stamps is waning and they've tried nothing and are all out of ideas so they probably figure 4 downs is sure to get people interested!

If the Flames could care less about Calgary then why should we be surprised that they don't care about the CFL? Actually, they don't even care about the Stamps, either. 

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If the Flames could care less about Calgary then why should we be surprised that they don't care about the CFL? Actually, they don't even care about the Stamps, either. 

*Couldn't 

Yeah, **** the city of Calgary and its populace so very very much....... buncha MMA-loving, "We're Just Like Toronto!" types....

14 hours ago, Noeller said:

*Couldn't 

Yeah, **** the city of Calgary and its populace so very very much....... buncha MMA-loving, "We're Just Like Toronto!" types....

We need a new football stadium desperately but the billionaire who owns the Flames & Stamps (Murray Edwards) along with the other minority owners won't spend a cent of their cash to build one. I don't think I've ever seen ownership that just doesn't care about the Stamps or their fans. The City of Calgary doesn't care either. It's really a sad situation. 

On 2022-04-05 at 1:03 PM, MOBomberFan said:

Anything else to go along with 1000 yards and 10 TDs? LOL

I appreciate the sentiment guys but we only have one receiver like that on our team and his name is Greg Ellingson, and last time he did it he was 5 years younger. Demski, Bailey, Wolitarsky... have never and likely will never put up numbers like that yet they are highly celebrated around these parts. Shai Ross would fit in great around here with his numbers

obviously that's a high standard but not really the point I'm making... this stuff is awesome but does it translate to ability on the field.... at no point did I ever say he was not a good football player

So to clarify, I'd also happily take him on my team if he was reliably getting 500 yards and 5 TDs yearly :D... or now for that matter... athletic Canadians, especially U of M grads, are always good in my books 

Edited by bearpants

4 minutes ago, bearpants said:

obviously that's a high standard but not really the point I'm making... this stuff is awesome but does it translate to ability on the field.... 

So to clarify, I'd also happily take him on my team if he was reliably getting 500 yards and 5 TDs yearly :D

Yes I definitely would too! Those would surpass Woli's numbers by a fair margin and he has the right passport to go along with it.

And think of all the promotional videos he could put out for us on twitter! Maybe he could do a backflip while spreading mustard on rye bread at the Touchdown MB social!

Madani is a hack. Exhausted of this guy. He doesn't break news as well as Dreger, he doesn't provide unique analysis like 3down, Ferguson, Taylor. 

He brings nothing to the table besides some pro-Lions homerisms. 

Edited by Dr Zaius

12 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

Madani is a hack. Exhausted of this guy. He doesn't break news as well as Dreger, he doesn't provide unique analysis like 3down, Ferguson, Taylor. 

He brings nothing to the table besides some pro-Lions homerisms. 

Guy was a Bomber employee. 

And, he's right. Ambrosie danced around the question and would not provide a definitive answer.  

I'll gladly take Arash over Farhan and Dave, who told us the CFL would be merging with the XFL and couldn't survive on its own. And, they're still pushing 4 downs. Not because it's good for the CFL but because it's good for their careers. 

13 minutes ago, JCon said:

Guy was a Bomber employee. 

And, he's right. Ambrosie danced around the question and would not provide a definitive answer.  

I'll gladly take Arash over Farhan and Dave, who told us the CFL would be merging with the XFL and couldn't survive on its own. And, they're still pushing 4 downs. Not because it's good for the CFL but because it's good for their careers. 

100% this. I'm the biggest CFL fan you'll ever meet, just as some of you are, but I don't need a guy that's always pumping their tires. I just want the honest truth, and more often than not, Madani presents that. Does he have a negative tone, largely due to a poor relationship with Ambrosie? Yes, and that gets tiresome, but he DOES break news and he's yet to be deliberately dishonest about his insider info, from all that I can tell. 

9 minutes ago, JCon said:

I honestly don't see Arash as a CFL reporter. Sportsnet has him doing everything else and he does little bits. I see him as a jaded fan of the league. 

And, he's a Vikings fan, so he's used to being disgruntled about football. 

He's not, he just reports on it when he happens to hear something.