2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

4 minutes ago, bb1 said:

I hate Ryan Reaves but man i would love to see him in a Jets uniform. Reminds me of an old story from the Flyers how they hated playing the Jets when Jimmy Mann was in the lineup the Jet players grew 2 inches and gained 10 pounds..😉

And still won nothing.

I'm assuming they going 2 national receivers there this yr as well..so loss of him and Lenius cuts into that depth..so it's Baker and...Picton and Hardy?? And that backup thy got off Ottawa scrap heap who couldn't make that steaming pile of turds of a lineup last yr?...damn...that's a sad sack quartet

Say what you want about Banks but he has been very graceful leaving Hamilton, unlike a former bomber great..

To quote a small part of the 3down article, banks said;

Since the Grey Cup was over I pretty much knew what was up, I’m a smart guy and it was pretty much written in the books,” Banks said.

“To be honest, I didn’t want to be the veteran holding up the organization because they’re trying to be nice to me and things like that.”

Edited by CodyT

37 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Have we overrated streveler the CFL QB due to his legendary celebration? 

I almost think we have cuz his career cfl numbers aren't great. 

I'd take him as a backup in a new york minute but not sure he's actually a good CFL QB

His play went beyond his stats, but yea, i am not sure he's a starter.

6 hours ago, Goalie said:

I'd take him as a backup in a new york minute but not sure he's actually a good CFL QB

I don't want him as a back-up because I think he has us covered if Zach goes down,

I want him as a back-up to use as a 1-2 punch with Zach. In that role, he's unstoppable. 

8 hours ago, Goalie said:

Streveler is a high potential guy. We barely scratched his potential and didn't develop him much. 

He is treated like any young qb who gets the next starter status. Like Franklin and soo many guys both good and bad. Except instead of getting starter money and going to a bad team to Try and turn them around he went to the nfl. 

In the nfl streveler showed flashes of being able to move the ball and run an offense. 

He isn't the guy you want starting on a contender. He is a guy id take on teams trying to step into the playoffs though. Edm bc for instance. I'd take him over mbt in tor too. 

He's a great no2 for any team. He's like Steve Young before he went to the 9ers. Athletic a gamer tough amazing raw talent. Needs to be given a Real chance. 

12 hours ago, Noeller said:

Nothing Bombers related this time (the Strev image is a red herring) but some interesting info anyhow... 

Everytime I hear " their version of " I think back to 20 years ago when my 10yr old son and I found a  " Spaderman " in a dollar store . It looked exactly like you would think a " Spaderman " would look like. So bad It was awesome. I so regret not buying it. I would post a picture of it every time I heard that phrase " their version of "

Streveler you have to remember is/was still learning....he came here with really only 2 yrs of true starting under his belt, and did fairly well right out of the gate, as a pure rookie.

He in my opinion got stunted here by Lapo once he realized what kind of runner and beast he was, and didnt allow him to really be a true QB or work on anything in practice to actually develop...they shoved him in this "box" of what they wanted to use him as and never let him out of it....how's a guy supposed to develp?

There is nothing wrong with his arm strength...I was at the stadium when he first came up, and was still unsigned, and he had to practice after the team....had him throwing to Bison players, with all types of throws, as well into the net, and throwing to spots on the field...and was dead on and looked great. I had no clue who this was, and thought if that was the Bison QB they brought in..then damn!!!

Strev was much better in his first season with us because the offense he ran was simple and he just made quick reads or busted out big runs when he saw holes.  

In season 2 they were far to cute with some of the play selection and tried to force big running plays with him far to often.  It didn't seem natural.     

If he were to come back I'd want them to treat him like a normal qb instead of trying to make it seem like he can bust out bulldozing sneaks or weird misdirection sweeps.   

2 hours ago, the watcher said:

Everytime I hear " their version of " I think back to 20 years ago when my 10yr old son and I found a  " Spaderman " in a dollar store . It looked exactly like you would think a " Spaderman " would look like. So bad It was awesome. I so regret not buying it. I would post a picture of it every time I heard that phrase " their version of "

spaderman-456.jpg

BdfAoaFz1l_psRvL0J5Hd766tn3Ibb-MmuOJvXLr

spaderman.jpg?w=523