2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

Just now, Booch said:

Actually looked at Ellingson..I am sold now that I see he had almost 700 yards in 10 games in that shiitshow of Edm....with ZC throwing and the complimentary pieces around him yeah this may be a big rebond yr for him...sign me up

Yeah...I think too now we go with recruits..save the sms for elsewhere...Walker looked like a baller...Rose in his limited play looked like potential too...and didn't we sign a DT/Nose type this winter??

jojo wicker, he's very much like sayles. A guy who can really get after the qb and make plays side line to side line out of the DT spot. Not huge, and not a nose, but other wise a blue chipper for sure. 

3 year starter, 102 tackles, 32 TFL, 12.5 sacks, 4 pdl 4 ff. He's 6'3 and started college at 272, went pro at 290 ish. 

5 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I remember the Wilcots guy we cut in camp last year, I don't think he was a DT/Nose guy though, so maybe we are thinking of different people

Jojo Wicker...6'2"...296 pounds...sounds like a nice gap filler to me

5 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Derel Walker got 180k. 480k for Walker and Lawler

Comical

I very much like our 135k for Bailey..I bet he out performs them both...plus is used in sweeps...

If we can grab Ellingson for 160 which seems reasonable we get 2x the production for the cost of Lawler alone.

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Comical

I very much like our 135k for Bailey..I bet he out performs them both...plus is used in sweeps...

If we can grab Ellingson for 160 which seems reasonable we get 2x the production for the cost of Lawler alone.

I am not an Ellingson guy,  but that is pretty good value. 

Just now, Noeller said:

yeah, just talking with the buddies about what our REC corps looks like next year. We've got a bunch of guys that aren't true #1 options...but can we do it by committee with a bunch of 2s?? 

100 percent yeah...I'd rather have that anyway...lot of times u shut a teams #1 down...they get bogged in the mud

19 minutes ago, Noeller said:

yeah, just talking with the buddies about what our REC corps looks like next year. We've got a bunch of guys that aren't true #1 options...but can we do it by committee with a bunch of 2s?? 

If Darvin doesn't come back there is still one open spot and if they bring in Ellingson as a replacement the last receiver better have good speed.

Edited by Fatty Liver