2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

11 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

What will Stanback be seeking if he outperforms Carey in 2022?

Huff usually doesn't overpay. Expect some vets to be going to FA from the Stamps now. They have their OL signed so I expect they'll be a run heavy team with noodle armed Bo playing. Now we know why Sankey is not coming back. 

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

There is a Farhan Lalji report that the Lions have offered Lawler 250k on a 2-year contract.

200K for Lucky

165K for Burnham

250K for Lawler

I guess they are "saving" with Rourke being on a somewhat friendly deal right now but the amount of money they'd have locked up in three receivers without ever addressing their offensive line (or any other aspect of their team) is questionable.  It's great to have guys to catch the ball but if the guy throwing it to them is getting killed every play, I'm not sure how sustainable that is. 

12 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

200K for Lucky

165K for Burnham

250K for Lawler

I guess they are "saving" with Rourke being on a somewhat friendly deal right now but the amount of money they'd have locked up in three receivers without ever addressing their offensive line (or any other aspect of their team) is questionable.  It's great to have guys to catch the ball but if the guy throwing it to them is getting killed every play, I'm not sure how sustainable that is. 

They had one of the best qbs in the league and some good receivers last season and still sucked ass. Adding Lawler and downgrading their qb isn't going to make them a better team. They have a poor Ol and no run game. Doesn't matter how much they spend on receivers of they don't address those issues.

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

They had one of the best qbs in the league and some good receivers last season and still sucked ass. Adding Lawler and downgrading their qb isn't going to make them a better team. They have a poor Ol and no run game. Doesn't matter how much they spend on receivers of they don't address those issues.

I get that Reilly is a HOFer etc. But I continue to believe he was one of the main reasons they suffered so much last year. There was very little use of check downs by Reilly. He held on to the ball for far too long a lot of the time. Even while underneath routes where open. I rewatched our beat down of them this weekend and there were plenty of times where Reilly had options to go to, and he just wouldn't pull the trigger....then got sacked or had to rush a throw and it was inaccurate. There were also a good amount of drops.

But I think with a different QB that knows to go to the check down early and often or at least doesn't think homerun every time, and having an all star receiver group, that O can produce.

15 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I get that Reilly is a HOFer etc. But I continue to believe he was one of the main reasons they suffered so much last year. There was very little use of check downs by Reilly. He held on to the ball for far too long a lot of the time. Even while underneath routes where open. I rewatched our beat down of them this weekend and there were plenty of times where Reilly had options to go to, and he just wouldn't pull the trigger....then got sacked or had to rush a throw and it was inaccurate. There were also a good amount of drops.

But I think with a different QB that knows to go to the check down early and often or at least doesn't think homerun every time, and having an all star receiver group, that O can produce.

maybe they sign Nichols hahaha

14 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Nah that oline was putrid. It wasn't Reilly. 

13 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

The bad side tackle. 

2 hours ago, voodoochylde said:

200K for Lucky

165K for Burnham

250K for Lawler

You forgot Dominique Rhymes who must be over $150,000 as well, every team needs a solid 4th receiver. 🙄

9 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

You forgot Dominique Rhymes who must be over $150,000 as well, every team needs a solid 4th receiver. 🙄

if Rhymes cut loose would be open for him here if we lose Lawler...I wanted him before when he hit market

19 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

BC re-signed him in Dec. to a two year deal, he's not going anywhere.

yeah....they may have to cut him now though with what could be well over 600k in 3 receievers...I highly doubt they would want Ryhmes most likely 125k or so salary added to that...like .8 million bucks in 4 guys...all at the same position?...thats just idiotic

Edited by Booch