2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

he took such a wicked beating the last few years.... poor bastard. Shame to go out like that, but he had his day in the sun. Elite player, for a time. 

I commented here last season more than once that it looked like Reilly wasn't having any fun. Never seemed excited or happy on the bench. No smiling. Didn't talk to anyone & just had his head buried in his device on the sidelines. I think that line he played behind was so bad every season he played in BC that he finally checked out in his mind last season. I could tell it was probably over for him.

14 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I commented here last season more than once that it looked like Reilly wasn't having any fun. Never seemed excited or happy on the bench. No smiling. Didn't talk to anyone & just had his head buried in his device on the sidelines. I think that line he played behind was so bad every season he played in BC that he finally checked out in his mind last season. I could tell it was probably over for him.

Or his mother’s death weighing on him. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Man, I read this as Andrew and lost my breath for a moment..... "they wouldn't ******* dare...." then I realized... Ha ha. Yes Trevor would be a fit there for sure... To compete with the Canadian kid who will likely start. 

I wouldn't want to lose him but at this realistic point in his career,it wouldn't hurt as much as for Lions fans when we pryed him outta BC

12 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

No such luck, it's been reported that he's taken training and has applied to the Seattle Fire Dept. for a job as a fireman.  No ****.

https://3downnation.com/2021/04/11/lions-quarterback-mike-reilly-working-towards-being-a-certified-firefighter/

Crap. Maybe he can do both, doing the CFL as a side hustle or something.

BTW horrible name change on your part. Fatty Liver??? C'mon man. 🙂 Is it because of that gross AD we see non-stop on this site?

Just now, blue_gold_84 said:

Still can't believe he was a Bomber find in 2010 and the team passed on him a year later.

Who was our kicker in 2010? Joe Mack was GM & LaPo was HC. Justin Palardy was our kicker & he hit 86% of his FG's in 2010. He played in the CFL until 2014 & retired with an 81% lifetime FG average. Only missed one extra point his entire career. So, as much as I think Joe Mack was a terrible GM & LaPo makes strange personnel decisions, I'll give them both a pass here on Paredes.  

15 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

No such luck, it's been reported that he's taken training and has applied to the Seattle Fire Dept. for a job as a fireman.  No ****.

https://3downnation.com/2021/04/11/lions-quarterback-mike-reilly-working-towards-being-a-certified-firefighter/

Check the timing, he announced this only after we re-signed the Jeffs and Fat Boi.  Decided he'd rather run into burning buildings than face our DL.

(I joke, I joke, good luck to Mr. Reilly on his future career.  I actually live about two minutes from a Seattle fire station.)

3 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

BTW horrible name change on your part. Fatty Liver??? C'mon man. 🙂 Is it because of that gross AD we see non-stop on this site?

Ok, maybe a name change to something more dignified, like "Sir Osis of Liver".

3 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yep, subliminal advertising works.  I'm tempted to change it to "Dying Liver".

Speaking of dying livers, did Do or Die finally drink himself to death?

Edited by Fatty Liver

1 hour ago, camper_2 said:

Honestly, this is one guy, I don't care to hear about. It's all about Henoc and leave it at that!!!!

Might want to read this story on him. I think he was always just trying to do the best for his family. https://www.cbc.ca/radio/whitecoat/prescription-for-resilience-coping-with-covid-1.5892248/how-faith-and-family-helped-cfl-player-henoc-muamba-cope-after-losing-his-mother-in-law-to-covid-19-1.5899399