2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

Just now, Jpan85 said:

I thought it was this or push his way to a decent team with a half decent ol. Maybe he comes back, idk when he'd be eligible as a FA. Like obby kahn did when he left here and went the to stamps. 

BC is in an interesting position. I imagine they just became the primary target of trevor harris and leverage point for MBT. Or a reason for masoli to get the jab. 

I wonder what his career earnings are..I understand he's taken quite a beating but damn gotta be hard to walk away from 450 plus a year to play ball

Regardless, I'm sure we'll see him back as a coach somewhere down the line. Great player. Tough as nails

9 minutes ago, Nolby said:

One of the toughest QBs I've ever seen,had his ass handed to him behind that garbage o line in BC,way more talented than what he showed in BC. I wonder without Reilly now that Burnham really looks at Winnipeg as his landing spot??

That would be awesome lol 

20 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Man,if Lucky had waited a few more weeks...

Yeah, his season is going to look much different without Reilly throwing him the ball. Perhaps a blessing in disguise for us? Maybe Mr. Burnham is now looking for a change of scenery.....What better player to slide right in if we lose Lawler.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

10 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yeah, his season is going to look much different without Reilly throwing him the ball. Perhaps a blessing in disguise for us? Maybe Mr. Burnham is now looking for a change of scenery.....What better player to slide right in if we lose Lawler.

Burnham looked disgusted during the drubbing they took from us last season. Now with Reilly and his salary gone, he could potentially be offered a raise by the Lions but face an even worse future. 

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

1 minute ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Burnham looked disgusted during the drubbing they took from us last season. Now with Reilly and his salary gone, he could potentially be offered a raise by the Lions but face an even worse future. 

The old conundrum of more money+garbage team vs less money+potential championship

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

God knows that would be a blessing. Some of those segments were embarrassing to watch.

Kate Bierness & Sanchez were the problem. They tried to be a stand up duo at a comedy club. The You Got Screwed & the segment where they all had those paper face masks of Trevor Harris? That was almost as embarrassing as the Glen Suitor halftime interview with Keith Urban. 

6 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Hope he shows up as a regular CFL analyst. Keep him in our game. Great football IQ.

No such luck, it's been reported that he's taken training and has applied to the Seattle Fire Dept. for a job as a fireman.  No ****.

https://3downnation.com/2021/04/11/lions-quarterback-mike-reilly-working-towards-being-a-certified-firefighter/

Edited by Fatty Liver

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I wonder if BC makes a play for Harris now?

Man, I read this as Andrew and lost my breath for a moment..... "they wouldn't ******* dare...." then I realized... Ha ha. Yes Trevor would be a fit there for sure... To compete with the Canadian kid who will likely start.