2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

30 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Absolutely fantastic that he actually wants him as a DB and not a Rec. You can't recruit ANYONE better than a locker room cancer who's a natural Rec???? 

If I was thinking about what pieces do I need to rebuild this EE team Duron Carter front and centre said no one ever except Chris Jones.

6 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Chris Jones has found his DB

I love it. Lol. 

6 hours ago, Noeller said:

Absolutely fantastic that he actually wants him as a DB and not a Rec. You can't recruit ANYONE better than a locker room cancer who's a natural Rec???? 

Is he even vaxxed?

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Fit in? **** off.

Worked for the Oakland Raiders in the 70's. 

18 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Nothing really. I was mostly being silly after having read the rumours of Williams possibly testing FA, Purifoy wanting his payday which could mean he'll test FA.

I can't understand why so many rider fans are worried about Williams. If he leaves there's plenty of options. Worry about your interior first 

7 minutes ago, CodyT said:

I can't understand why so many rider fans are worried about Williams. If he leaves there's plenty of options. Worry about your interior first 

because with the "accuracy" of Fajardo they need a guy who has made his entire career on catching jump balls a mile over the guys head. 

https://3downnation.com/2022/01/24/elks-re-sign-rb-james-wilder-jr-will-be-vaccinated-by-training-camp-report/

Looks like flexmaster bicepspump will be back to strut his stuff after every 5 yard run. And will be vaccinated. This may as well be back 2 back champs news because I love watching our defense eat his lunch and make him pout. 

54 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

https://3downnation.com/2022/01/24/elks-re-sign-rb-james-wilder-jr-will-be-vaccinated-by-training-camp-report/

Looks like flexmaster bicepspump will be back to strut his stuff after every 5 yard run. And will be vaccinated. This may as well be back 2 back champs news because I love watching our defense eat his lunch and make him pout. 

5 yards? Pretty generous of you.

https://3downnation.com/2022/01/24/one-championship-ceo-victor-cui-named-president-of-the-edmonton-elks/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=one-championship-ceo-victor-cui-named-president-of-the-edmonton-elks

The Elk get their president. Very interesting hire. Cui has a tremendous background in sports management. Its interesting that they did this AFTER hiring jones. 

6 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Sure seems like a lot of teams are resigning their players. Not sure many will even hit FA at this rate. 

Yeah despite the talk of how bad 1 year deals are, this might be the thinnest crop of free agents in the 1 year era. 

The winner of 2022 free agency is probably going to be a team that gets a couple sneaky good pick ups. A young guy like Exhume. Or a vet coming off a down year like judge, or nevis. A team filling a long time hole with a guy like don jackson or mario alford. Or a team that gets a limited use player and gives them serious reps like woli, brady, or johnny o. 

For us, free agency is mostly about bringing guys back. But you still have to get better every year. Some of that can be organic, but adding new pieces is always huge. Depth canadians like the herdmen reeds, ante litre, or especially a rotational front 7 NI like boateng or betts would be huge. More likely I think we'd be looking at guys like adam konar, junior turner, stefan charles or david menard. 

We are some what fortunate that we dont really need to fill gaps in the roster, we need to maintain and turn over a few more gems to keep the train going.