2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

As if anybody in Saskatchewan knows the word asinine. I mean its a perfectly cromulent word but unknown there.

Perhaps he was stating that he thought his cousins "ass is a nine" on the hotness scale and it got abbreviated from there, ala the telephone game??

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

10 hours ago, Booch said:

yup....a true brotherhood...oops no that the Bombers...I mean a true Mefirst culture...and BA is way more versatile, and better...he excells at any position...Purifoy...is just adequate....and obviously isn't team first...who tweets that??!/

Letting the Rider fans know he's unhappy & he'll become a free agent Feb 8th. 

4 hours ago, Nolby said:

7 games played,263 yards receiving and 0 touchdowns. I'd take him at a cheaper rate,maybe pay a tiny bit extra because of his passport but I can't say I'd be overly interested.

He was my son's teammate as well as his Go To guy at SFU but he hasn't played one season in the CFL where he didn't miss significant time with injuries. He should be coming in at $110-115 thousand & show the Lions he's worth more. That he can play a full 18 game sched & put up a thousand yards. That contract is ridiculous. 

21 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Lemar Durant was getting 200k per year? No wonder BC sucks. Horrendous cap management.

Pay him half that. He went from the Go To deep ball receiver at SFU to just a possession receiver running short & intermediate routes for the Stamps & Lions. Injury prone. No way he was ever worth that kind of money. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Oh but didn't you know? He is an allstar level NI, he makes their secondary so much better. 

The **** they believe.

They also believe we're ignoring the salary cap with our signings. On Facebook CFL Fans Only. 

People need to slow down and realize...we had all these players signed last year...as did all the teams...and many spent closer to floor than ceiling...so saying team X is over the cap..or close right now at this juncture of the off-season is ludicrous..and just plain dumb....period!

As for us...a couple guys got a nice boost...but others probably a small minimal one...as all our resigns really to date are 3rd..4th contracts now...not rookie entry deals.

And we got 2 guys...star impact guys (biggie and Jeffcoat) at friggin bargain...they prob both could have got 30k or more on open market...so that in itself is huge in re-upping say a Stove...BA and Rose....Darby too...I'm sure also we will get Maston on a team friendly deal too...

1 minute ago, Booch said:

People need to slow down and realize...we had all these players signed last year...as did all the teams...and many spent closer to floor than ceiling...so saying team X is over the cap..or close right now at this juncture of the off-season is ludicrous..and just plain dumb....period!

As for us...a couple guys got a nice boost...but others probably a small minimal one...as all our resigns really to date are 3rd..4th contracts now...not rookie entry deals.

And we got 2 guys...star impact guys (biggie and Jeffcoat) at friggin bargain...they prob both could have got 30k or more on open market...so that in itself is huge in re-upping say a Stove...BA and Rose....Darby too...I'm sure also we will get Maston on a team friendly deal too...

No team has remotely enough players under contract to be worrying about the cap. 

That said I don't trust a few teams management as far as I could throw them. 

24 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I think Duke Williams goes to Calgary

I'd also throw out either Montreal or Hamilton if they don't resign Jake or let Banks walk. He can go wherever and I could care less, from what I've watched,he's got talent but he's nowhere near as talented as Whitehead or Burnham so they can feel free to go into a bidding war over Duke.

Edited by Nolby

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Meanwhile on twitter, Lucious Pureifoy is sure getting the fans in Sasky all riled up by saying the Riders don't want to pay him. 

The end result will be the same as it was for Charleston Hughes for Purifoy..... His days in the CFL are numbered!!!!