2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

2 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Do the Riders sign Shaq and Duke? And does it leave them enough room to shore up the Oline? 

Signing two receivers does not prevent a team from signing more players.    If we sign Lawler and Bailey it doesn't mean we can't afford Bighill.... 

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Signing two receivers does not prevent a team from signing more players.    If we sign Lawler and Bailey it doesn't mean we can't afford Bighill.... 

Right. But Duke is gonna demand more than Lawler or Bailey IMO and with what they are paying CF it was a question as to if they can afford an oline after that. Bombers could be in the same boat if they lock ZC up for big coin. Any word on Shaqs dollar amount?

8 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Right. But Duke is gonna demand more than Lawler or Bailey IMO and with what they are paying CF it was a question as to if they can afford an oline after that. Bombers could be in the same boat if they lock ZC up for big coin. Any word on Shaqs dollar amount?

The Lions overpaid Lucky imo and that’ll up everyone’s price ever so slightly… Duke/Lawler will both command around the $200k mark me thinks.

I really hope CF re-structures. He’s making way too much at the moment.

No word on $ but I’d imagine the 125-150k neighborhood. He had a pretty down 2021 compared to his all star 2019 season, hope he rebounds. 

Wasn't he paid in the top range of WR last year? I can't see him getting a bump of any significant money...also looked horrible last yr...and the attitude is a huge red flag for me...and the age

Duke will want top dollar...and combined with the Faj joke...and PED Leonard's 200k+...and i sure Shaqs higher salary not enough there to rebuild an online ..especially when I need some quality dlineman...and linebackers as well...nobody signing there for discounts like in wpg...we got Jeffcoat at 30k less than PED Leonard ...that in itself is funny as Jefffcoat is more of a difference maker..and just flat out better

Sask seems content to build from the outside in (receivers, d-backs, defensive ends are their biggest strengths and salary cap focus). Bombers built their championship teams from the inside out (o and d-lines, and up the middle with QB, RB, MLB, and safety all the league’s best, and a solid centre and powerful run stuffer at DT). I much prefer our model. 

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

Wasn't he paid in the top range of WR last year? I can't see him getting a bump of any significant money...also looked horrible last yr...and the attitude is a huge red flag for me...and the age

Duke will want top dollar...and combined with the Faj joke...and PED Leonard's 200k+...and i sure Shaqs higher salary not enough there to rebuild an online ..especially when I need some quality dlineman...and linebackers as well...nobody signing there for discounts like in wpg...we got Jeffcoat at 30k less than PED Leonard ...that in itself is funny as Jefffcoat is more of a difference maker..and just flat out better

Where's Farhan's up to minute contractual update followed up with Naylor's insightful commentary. 

On 2022-01-17 at 12:15 PM, 17to85 said:

I think there were 3 when the season started. Archibald in edmonton was another (though he's got himself a heart issue from having had covid)

That in itself is mind boggling. He probably thought he was young & being a pro athlete was in great shape with no comorbidities. And look what happened. 

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

He's gonna run some ones offense one day. 

32 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

True... but can Jeffcoat circumvent PED testing as well as leonard?

Leonard is one of the all time great at dodging tests. Up there with Wanderlei silva slipping out the window and running down the street half naked.

The Jeff part 2 really stepped up in 21. He played some of the most dominant defensive games league wide last year. He's just coming into his peak too. 

Saw on 3dn the weekly gossip piece said they think Jones will dump both Boateng and Betts this off season. If he doesnt try to bring them back it should be a huge red flag to the elk brass. Their ni talent is already pencil thin they can't just replace a starter that easy. 

33 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He's gonna run some ones offense one day. 

Leonard is one of the all time great at dodging tests. Up there with Wanderlei silva slipping out the window and running down the street half naked.

The Jeff part 2 really stepped up in 21. He played some of the most dominant defensive games league wide last year. He's just coming into his peak too. 

Saw on 3dn the weekly gossip piece said they think Jones will dump both Boateng and Betts this off season. If he doesnt try to bring them back it should be a huge red flag to the elk brass. Their ni talent is already pencil thin they can't just replace a starter that easy. 

Boateng would thrive here rotating in with the Jeff's ala Kongbo

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

He's gonna run some ones offense one day

Too busy sitting on the board of directors for the Susan Ross Foundation. 

well he is a Canadian....so a reason for that higher price tho I think he's over priced....Bryant will take what he considers is fair, and not a noose around the teams neck...like he always does...Couture...he is going on his 3rd deal now...so wasnt making peanuts to start with....so not sure where he slots in $$ wise

34 minutes ago, Booch said:

well he is a Canadian....so a reason for that higher price tho I think he's over priced....Bryant will take what he considers is fair, and not a noose around the teams neck...like he always does...Couture...he is going on his 3rd deal now...so wasnt making peanuts to start with....so not sure where he slots in $$ wise

I mean, he's the highest paid OL in the league.... we're not exactly getting a discount.