2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

https://3downnation.com/2022/01/15/why-signing-a-veteran-qb-isnt-essential-for-shawn-burke-the-redblacks/

Hilarious. Suddenly Caleb Evans is enough for a play off push. This type of attitude is exactly why the rbs have missed 3 straight play offs and are gonna do the same This year.

Dane Evans is waay better and if the cats were ride or die with him they'd a been blown out in tor. 

Masoli plus Evans guided the cats to back to back gcs. The Bombers turned the  corner twice when they made moves that added veteran qb depth in Nichols and then collaros. Every team in the league should seriously investigate every opportunity to add a vet qb this off season. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Even friesen gets it.

If you asked me, a none hockey fan, If significant rule changes to the NHL would increase my interest I'd probably be inclined to say sure. Because I don't care either way. Rule changes couldn't make me less interested. It's such a stupid premise. 

Find former cfl fans whove fallen off and see what they have to say. Ask people who watch 1 teams games what it'd take to get them to watch more games. Ask young fans especially in ott what has pulled them In. Get useful information.  This study is trash science. 

35 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

https://3downnation.com/2022/01/15/why-signing-a-veteran-qb-isnt-essential-for-shawn-burke-the-redblacks/

Hilarious. Suddenly Caleb Evans is enough for a play off push. This type of attitude is exactly why the rbs have missed 3 straight play offs and are gonna do the same This year.

Dane Evans is waay better and if the cats were ride or die with him they'd a been blown out in tor. 

Masoli plus Evans guided the cats to back to back gcs. The Bombers turned the  corner twice when they made moves that added veteran qb depth in Nichols and then collaros. Every team in the league should seriously investigate every opportunity to add a vet qb this off season. 

The QB options for the RB's are lessening the longer this season goes on. Their only 2 viable options are Masoli & Harris. If Masoli refuses to vaccinate then his career is over. I don't believe that Bethel-Thompson would even be considered if he was a free agent. How anyone can think of LaPo as this elite coach boggles the mind. The other thing about this article is the guy who wrote it lives somewhere in Brazil.  

Edited by SpeedFlex27

https://3downnation.com/2022/01/14/redblacks-get-serious-about-securing-offensive-line-pay-big-bucks-for-jacob-ruby/

If these numbers are true, here is to Kyle Walters and to our players. Jacob Ruby at $165,000, Chung and Blazdek at $180,000 and Jamal Campbell at $200,000 is nuts. Especially when Yoshi and Neufeld are at $150,000.

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

https://3downnation.com/2022/01/14/redblacks-get-serious-about-securing-offensive-line-pay-big-bucks-for-jacob-ruby/

If these numbers are true, here is to Kyle Walters and to our players. Jacob Ruby at $165,000, Chung and Blazdek at $180,000 and Jamal Campbell at $200,000 is nuts. Especially when Yoshi and Neufeld are at $150,000.

Teams missed the entire point of how walters built the OL. Yes they went and got Stanley Bryant in free agency... but they also spent many many high draft picks on offensive linemen. They didn't go out and buy an OL, they developed one.

I think Evans' development was hampered by having Mas*holi there. Now, he's the starter, he gets all the reps as starter and the expectations are on him. I think he's better for it next season. 

I'm not slagging the NFL. I watch it each week. But, I like the CFL game itself more. I find it more entertaining. 

I am always amazed at the talent level in the NFL. What those top players can do is amazing. 

Edited by JCon

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Ruby is a pylon. Like Chungh. He's also an idiot. 

As of today, stricter regulations to enter the country. People must show proof of vaccination. EVEN PRO ATHLETES. So, this will impact every pro league. as far as the NHL goes, I just hope for the Jets sake, guys like Connor, Hellebuyck & others are fully vaxed.

If he went back to San Francisco, Jeremiah Masoli can't enter the country to come in as he's unvaxed. If he wants to throw away his career, such as it is anyway with more ups & downs than a rollercoaster, then that will be his choice. I have no sympathy for him walking away from $400,000 or more per season because he's being stupid. 

On 2022-01-14 at 1:55 PM, Jesse said:

There are absolutely things that we could take from that league that would benefit us (4 downs not being one of them).

I think there's a point to be made about the Nickelodeon game played yesterday... I watched the last quarter and a half.... the game itself was not that interesting (though it did come down to the wire) but everything about the production of the game was entertaining as hell... the broadcast crew was young and exciting - Noah Eagle on PBP (never heard of him but he was good and I'm going to assume he's Ian's son) and Nate Burleson on colour (a young smart guy who knows how to relate to kids)... but the interesting part was having this young girl who is apparently a Nick star.... she knew nothing about football but was very enthusiastic and surprisingly added a lot to the broadcast... had another young kid on the side lines (he couldn't have been older than 10), who was also enthusiastic and entertaining...

Obviously, I'm not saying the CFL should do a broadcast like this... but I genuinely believe more young people are going to watch a game with that kind of broadcast... the CFL/TSN (or whoever their broadcast partner will be in the future) needs to find a way to make the broadcast more entertaining

On 2022-01-15 at 2:35 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

As of today, stricter regulations to enter the country. People must show proof of vaccination. EVEN PRO ATHLETES. So, this will impact every pro league. as far as the NHL goes, I just hope for the Jets sake, guys like Connor, Hellebuyck & others are fully vaxed.

If he went back to San Francisco, Jeremiah Masoli can't enter the country to come in as he's unvaxed. If he wants to throw away his career, such as it is anyway with more ups & downs than a rollercoaster, then that will be his choice. I have no sympathy for him walking away from $400,000 or more per season because he's being stupid. 

All Jets are fully vaxxed. If not they wouldn't be here. Helle isn't anti vaxx. He's pro choice. He got vaxxed tho. Only 1 player I'm aware of in the league isn't vaxxed.. bertuzzi from Detroit.  

Helle isn't Novak Djokavic.. but honestly the media needs to stop asking rich athletes their irrelevant opinions 

If I'm sick I don't go ask the dude at McDonalds whats wrong.. I go to a doctor. 

Edited by Goalie

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

man, I thought that guy was gonna play forever. I will always think of him as the guy who played with a full cast on his arm and basically ran around with a club-hand, just trying to take guys down. He'll be in the HOF one day soon....

He was a POS towards AH33.

I don't particularly care about him

6 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Hell of a career loved watching him play. Still was putting up close to double digit sacks per season before he retired. 

One of the guys from Montreal I loved watching but hates playing against,could throw Chip Cox in there too.

GS8e8pb-_normal.jpg

More on future … he has decided to return to . Has filed papers with the league that are necessary for him to negotiate a contract because he had previously declared his retirement. He is presently

property and a pending free agent Feb. 8th. #CFL

I imagine he'll be staying in Hamilton.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti