2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

On 2022-01-11 at 10:56 AM, bearpants said:

When you test positive once (which is the equivalent to his declined test) then you get tested more... so it is believable that he has passed several times since... otherwise he would've been suspended again

He probably learned to pee at some point I would think. However, as with all PED users, the question isn't can he pass several tests in a row it's whether he can pass them all, all the time. Maybe AC quit juicing, most guys who get caught probably do, but the impact of doing so will be seen this coming year more than it would have been last year. There is still residual benefit to juicing for a while after you stop and AC had that for the remainder of 2021. Will he be the same guy in 2022? Hard to say.

At the risk of getting flamed badly, Harris was not the same guy in 2021 as he was in 2019. That could be age of course, but maybe his lack of supplements was part of the equation too. We didn't see a massive drop off in his ability to play the game but we sure saw him struggle with injury and a lot of guys juice not to build muscle but because it really speeds up healing.

Edited by GCn20

On 2022-01-11 at 11:13 AM, Geebrr said:

He didn't test positive. He refused to pee because he knew he was guilty.

Where do you see that is the equivalent of testing positive in regards to testing?

Sorry I don't have the specific link but I remember reading somewhere that it was considered a failed test... maybe I'm mistaken 

25 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Sorry I don't have the specific link but I remember reading somewhere that it was considered a failed test... maybe I'm mistaken 

He was in the testing area for 8 hours after the game and did not produce a substance, said he could not. Finally got fed up and said he would not give one and left the test room. Said some nasty things on the way out. Was considered a failed test for not producing a sample, got 2 games for that as per CFL policy. Got an additional game for the abuse of the testing officials. So unlike Harris who actually failed a test, he simply did not provide one, but same punishment. All the other comments about “he knew he was guilty”, “obviously using” is purely speculative, but with a logical foundation for that speculation. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

25 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

He was in the testing area for 8 hours after the game and did not produce a substance, said he could not. Finally got fed up and said he would not give one and left the test room. Said some nasty things on the way out. Was considered a failed test for not producing a sample, got 2 games for that as per CFL policy. Got an additional game for the abuse of the testing officials. So unlike Harris who actually failed a test, he simply did not provide one, but same punishment. All the other comments about “he knew he was guilty”, “obviously using” is purely speculative, but with a logical foundation for that speculation. 

Kind of like refusing to blow into a breathalyzer in my opinion. 

51 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Where?

That would be in the CBA

That's how it was originally reported. The suspension and after he is treated as a positive. Same happens in any sport. 

It's the wada standard every league adopted word for word. You also can't start serving it till you produce a sample. Done pee for a year your suspension hasn't started. 

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

Don't need to be a star to be a good teacher.

Dinwiddie is a great case of that. Especially at the hs level. Tee Martin kingsbury and good ole kerwin bell. Failing as a pro qb if any thing makes you more likely to be a good coach. 

But imagine coaching a manning how to qb. Peyton Archie and Eli sneering and judging you from the side lines lol. That might be the most stressful hc job in American hs football this year. 

15 minutes ago, JCon said:

Tell me about your coaching philosophy, Kilgore? 

Why-The-Sopranos-Is-the-Hottest-Show-of-

The question is does arch have him self a gun? Sorry I just can't help my self.  Better play for Alabama and wear the number 3. 

18 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Let's not forget that Arch's Dad Cooper was a talented WR before he had to quit playing due to a health issue. Huge pressure job.

He was. Highly recruited out of hs on an NFL path but never played college due to spine problems. Every once n a while some people talk crazy about how he was the better of the 3 brothers. When in reality he was probably only better than Eli lol