2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

43 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

May want to revisit Wieneke skill set. He is 100% a deep ball guy who can go make the hard catches. I believe he had the #1 play in the 10 plays of the year with a fantastic deep ball catch. 

Is also from Minnesota, his parents drive to every game he plays so it might factor into his decision if he makes it to FA

11 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

I think combined 400k Willie 225k Jackson 175k

Jackson at 175 is a bargain. Both combined for 200 I can live with. They’re absolutely worth it combined. Both could probably get easily an extra 25k somewhere else so glad to have them both locked in under market value. 

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

We would need a deep threat. Not sure he fits the bill.

Woild also be frustrating to let Kenny leave after we actually develop a receiver for the first time in quite awhile. 

He's as much a down field guy as Lawler. But we do need a speed tool guy. 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

He'd be a good fit with Reilly in BC. 

That and speedy to Hamilton would've been more interesting imo. 

I don't think he will be the highest paid wr for long. I think the Riders will give Duke more. 

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

RF says PED Leonard was tested multiple times after his suspension last season (unsubstantiated?) + he apologized and that is the most important part.

Don't buy it. I'm sure he had go retest atleast once though. 

His apology was terrible. 

29 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Unsurprising that Farhan thinks that Lucky's deal was "earned".

I would argue we are still looking at a pretty small sample size.

Lucky should be in the nfl. He's the most dynamic player in the league. It's a lot of money for a small sample size. But that's risk I'd take every day and twice on game day. 

Lucky has yet to play anywhere close to a full season. As far as I can tell, he has trouble staying healthy. I like the guy, but he's not someone I'm building a team around. I don't buy the "Should be in the NFL" stuff.... he's another Grant, Banks, etc....

30 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Lucky has yet to play anywhere close to a full season. As far as I can tell, he has trouble staying healthy. I like the guy, but he's not someone I'm building a team around. I don't buy the "Should be in the NFL" stuff.... he's another Grant, Banks, etc....

was healthy in 19, he got screwed by plop. Freak hand injury this year. Didnt have injuries in the nfl. 

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Unsurprising that Farhan thinks that Lucky's deal was "earned".

I would argue we are still looking at a pretty small sample size.

Yup. They just made him the highest paid receiver in the league after one good season. Pretty small sample size.....

5 hours ago, Tracker said:

This was absolutely a desperation move by the Lions who are trying to regain credibility in their market.  Can't say I blame them- if was a Lions fan, I would have wanted this.

Yeah theyve been overpaying for talent for years now with very little success.