2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

On 2022-01-08 at 7:48 AM, Booch said:

And lots of bad drops....Schaefer Baker is their better Canadian reciever...Lenius is only getting a shot on how he looks...he's not overly fast either . Funny part now he was released he can sign back anywhere in cfl as well upon being cut as well ..so no guarantee he will go back there

Schafer-Baker is the next Canadian superstar receiver in the CFL. He'll be a thousand yard receiver & probably a lot more with the Riders. Or someone else. 

22 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Lucky coming back here never really made any sense on any level. **** BC, but the league is better with him in it, so I'm glad to see him back for another couple years. Best of luck to a true character in this league!

Exactly the league needs more Lucky Whiteheads, he is explosive and he has that really good personality that can relate to fans especially the young ones.

23 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Lucky coming back here never really made any sense on any level. **** BC, but the league is better with him in it, so I'm glad to see him back for another couple years. Best of luck to a true character in this league!

If we lose Lawler then him coming back would have made some sense

6 minutes ago, Nolby said:

If we lose Lawler then him coming back would have made some sense

they are not the same receiver at all..... If we lose Lawler, then we go out and find another similar receiver to Lawler. If we lost GRANT, *then* it would make some sense....

21 minutes ago, Noeller said:

they are not the same receiver at all..... If we lose Lawler, then we go out and find another similar receiver to Lawler. If we lost GRANT, *then* it would make some sense....

We don't. Bailey and woli could fill role and have similar skill sets. 

Grant is a kr. He has only been used in the offense during a couple game stretch of 19. Our wr core has a serious lack of speed. And in the cfl you add as many down field weapons as you can get. 

12 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

If we lose Lawler, Weinke would be my choice.

Weinke should get a call from all 9 teams If he doesn't go south. 

13 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Pending free agent shows up to another teams playoff game wearing their colors.  Current team panics and backs up the Brinks truck.  Well played, Lucky, well played.

This was absolutely a desperation move by the Lions who are trying to regain credibility in their market.  Can't say I blame them- if was a Lions fan, I would have wanted this.

54 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

We would need a deep threat. Not sure he fits the bill.

Woild also be frustrating to let Kenny leave after we actually develop a receiver for the first time in quite awhile. 

May want to revisit Wieneke skill set. He is 100% a deep ball guy who can go make the hard catches. I believe he had the #1 play in the 10 plays of the year with a fantastic deep ball catch.