2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

1 minute ago, Nolby said:

I was gonna say,him wearing the Bomber uni might be a little more than just support. I don't know how much of a paycut he'd take as he was on fire before he broke his hand. I'd take Darvin back at a bit of a discount but I'd take Lucky back and put him in Wolis spot if Walters somehow made it work.

I don't even understand how this works.....one's Canadian, one isn't. One is a possession receiver, one is a stretch-the-field burner......

20 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I don't even understand how this works.....one's Canadian, one isn't. One is a possession receiver, one is a stretch-the-field burner......

It doesn't really. Woli plays like a flex te. He blocks almost as much as he catches balls. 

33 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I don't think I've understood the Canadian(American) players when it comes to the CFL. I remember Cahoon(born in Utah) being an "all Canadian", Wolitarsky is born in California.

Edited by Nolby

13 hours ago, wbbfan said:

The New Orleans usfl team named Bart andrus as head coach. Last year he was the qb coach for the Ottawa ggs. 

Not cfl news but not back to back champion news either. Makes me say eww why

When is the last time a guy coached a position in the cis then the next year was a hc in the pros. 

Mike Riley was also named a coach in that league.

Mike sure gets around - College, CFL Bombers and San Antonio (never played), NFL, WLAF, AAF, XFL, USFL.

10 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Mike Riley was also named a coach in that league.

Mike sure gets around - College, CFL Bombers and San Antonio (never played), NFL, WLAF, AAF, XFL, USFL.

Yeah and fox reported riley as having 27 years of experience, 10 in the nfl and 17 in college. 😆

4 hours ago, Jesse said:

Jeff made a point of saying that he was asked back by the Ti-cats but declined. Made it seem like he was retiring, imo.

Having trouble believing he declined to return to the Ti-cats but immediately takes a position with the Als.

Could be that he was gunning for the HC job, and thought he'd have a chance with coach O possible NCAA bound. With coach O staying he's kind of stuck. Montreal is a good team that under performed. He could possibly move up and not just to khari's spot but he could get a front office title too. 

21 hours ago, Noeller said:

Am I alone in thinking thats atleast 100k more than he should get? I mean oof I would not want to have a guy like that on a base salary that high. 

22 hours ago, Booch said:

basically under that somewhere...I'd say 140..150 hard money max...needs to show a yr 3 same as or better campaign

id take him at 150k for as many years as he wants to sign for.  If I was him I'd gamble on a lower base high incentives deal. I think in an 18 game schedule he'd put up huge numbers. 

Just now, Jpan85 said:

I think we are starting to see the QB market come back to earth. I don't think any QB next year will be making 500k +

Did reilly restructure last year? Wonder what hes due this year. If any one makes a nut, I think itll be collaros. I think he could get 500k+ if he really wanted to. 

Just now, Geebrr said:

Dude was likeable as a TV guy. 

Yeah I was really surprised. It always seemed that hank on the panel was the same hank we saw on the field.  Unlikeable as it gets. But BLM had the ****** aura completely gone with the absence of competition.  He has a tremendously bright 2nd career as a broadcaster if he wants it. And I sure hope he does. 

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Did reilly restructure last year? Wonder what hes due this year. If any one makes a nut, I think itll be collaros. I think he could get 500k+ if he really wanted to. 

I could see Reilly telling BC that he is not taking a pay cut to get trucked 15X a game. He shouldn't re-structure a damn thing until they set out a clear plan to fix their OL.

Edited by Geebrr

Just now, Geebrr said:

I could see Reilly telling BC that he is not taking a pay cut to get trucked 15X a game. He shouldn't re-structure a damn thing until they set out a clear plan to fix their OL.

Honestly seems more likely.

Yeah, reilly has taken a hellacious beating the last 2 seasons. I dont think he should go back to BC for 2022. They dont have a chance at getting a good OL together. Theyve tried buying it, they dont have developmental pieces, and every other team in the league is looking hard to fix their OL.  They arent 1 guy away and whole sale changes take a long time to gel 9 times out of 10.