2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

The thing that has completely won me over on Kyle Walters is the fact that I don't think there is a harder working gm out there. He is certainly the most pro-active gm in the league and always has plans. 

He had me from his first off season interview. He was so transparent about his plans and how they worked out, or why they didn't. 

It really made me gave faith that he'd figure out a way to get it done.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Taman didn't exactly have a bevy of great homegrown NATs to try and attract home either. Not saying that is the reason that our NAT talent is so much better under Walters but it sure didn't hurt to have guys like Harris and Demski wanting to come home. That sure helped our cause significantly the past few years.

It also helped a great deal - that Wally Buono assumed Harris' decline was imminent.

Walters has brought in ao many players that were playing well where they were to having these guys get even better and better. Credit to O'Shea and their staff obviously but for Walters to pry these Allstars(Bighill, Jefferson,Demski) from those teams and bring them here is work of a great GM.

Edited by Nolby

2 minutes ago, Nolby said:

After having so much success in BC and thinking he'll retire a lion,he comes home and gets even better and will retire a Bomber.

As it should be. Any talk of him leaving the team seems ridiculous. He either signs here or retires. But he's a no doubt Ring Of Honour guy now.... The BC years are all but forgotten. 

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

There is certainly a range of outcomes that led to Harris staying in BC.

The right mix of things happened at the right time.

If Winnipeg had Joe Mack in charge and we were anything like that 2012-2013 club there’s absolutely no chance Harris would be coming home to play for us. 

People can say players wanted to come play for us and that’s absolutely true but that’s because we created a winning culture and winning organization. 

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

The New Orleans usfl team named Bart andrus as head coach. Last year he was the qb coach for the Ottawa ggs. 

Not cfl news but not back to back champion news either. Makes me say eww why

When is the last time a guy coached a position in the cis then the next year was a hc in the pros. 

I just don't know where Lucky fits, unless they lose someone in FA, but I have a hard time believing guys are going to leave when there's such a good thing going on. We've already got Grant to fill the Lucky role, if we wanted to go that route. And he'd have to come cheap, which he won't, because he was putting up MOP numbers before he got hurt. So, again, as much as Lucky might want to come back, I'm just not sure where he fits....

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He came back to cheer on his old teammates. That counts for something. 

I was gonna say,him wearing the Bomber uni might be a little more than just support. I don't know how much of a paycut he'd take as he was on fire before he broke his hand. I'd take Darvin back at a bit of a discount but I'd take Lucky back and put him in Wolis spot if Walters somehow made it work.