2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Bill Belichek couldn't win with that team let alone Reinbold. That idiot GM we had at the time Ken Bishop who owned Road Runner Courier was out of his league. He gave Reinbold nothing to work with. We had an All World receiver in Milt Stegall & that was it. 

Reinbold had the run of the team, he was the one making player personal decisions and unless you rode a Harley you wouldn't be one of his players. This is where Miller really grew and learned how not to manage a franchise. Reinbold was and always has been smoke and mirrors, talked a good game but can't walk the walk. I think this helped formulate Miller as he was a workaholic but could see the folly in the ways of all show and no go.

13 minutes ago, coach17 said:

Reinbold had the run of the team, he was the one making player personal decisions and unless you rode a Harley you wouldn't be one of his players. This is where Miller really grew and learned how not to manage a franchise. Reinbold was and always has been smoke and mirrors, talked a good game but can't walk the walk. I think this helped formulate Miller as he was a workaholic but could see the folly in the ways of all show and no go.

Yeah Reinbold was in wayyyy over his head as HC. He's also been giving multiple DC jobs over the years and has failed there too. He's a Ra Ra Hang Ten Bro kinda guy with very little beyond that. Talks and looks a big show but ends up as a flea circus.

1 hour ago, coach17 said:

Good guy and good position coach , but definitely not head coach material, See Winnipeg Blue Bombers circa 97-98 

Rheinbold  was set up to fail. The talent on the team was poor and he had no experience as a head coach or GM, nor did he have any player pipeline to the US. Then he started bringing in players he had personal connections to but little talent. Nice guy, though.

4 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

It certainly makes thing a bit more interesting. BLM bonus is 100k due mid January. 

I can't see Huff screwing over Mitchell over a hundred grand. He's been there too long & was their GC qb twice. I could be wrong but I guess we'll see. 

Mitchell is under contract. If anything he'll be traded so he'll still get his bonus. His new team would be happy to pay it. 

19 minutes ago, Nolby said:

BLM to Toronto would make sense,got a bunch of his old receivers there that he's probably still got good chemistry with.

The Stamps would want Juwan Brescacin back. Likely another starter from the Argos. The trouble is, with all the 1 year deals trading BLM before free agency means that if the Stamps can't sign the players they trade for, it's a huge risk. 

3 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Bob Dyce is the RB's current S.T. Coordinator, hiring Reinbold would be a downgrade..

Love Bob dyce. That guy makes any organization he works for better. I wonder if reinbold bounces back this year in the cfl. Could be tough to land a job here. Maybe he will be usfl bound.