2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

8 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I predicted Jones was heading back to Edmonton long before the season ended. I also predicted Duke would make his return there as well. Jones loves he’s Dbag kinda players. 

yup...Sask better be worried mind u losing their "prize" free agents probably a blessing to them and they dont realize it

I can see dbags Edam...Marshall..Duke..Purifoy....all skidaddling there...Gainey too...so one team gets shittier by choice...and another shittier in the short term by no fault of their own...me like

8 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Apparently not his first choice and the board went in another direction. The one thing with Chris Jones is he does win, do people like how he does it no but he does win a lot.

That's interesting. Idk why you bring a guy like Buono in ghrn go against his recommendation. 

Chris Jones is like duron Carter. Talented and effective but at too high a moral cost and both never fulfill their potential imo. 

44 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Edmonton will go hard at WJ.

Will be interesting to see what happens. 

I am more scared they will go hard after Kenny Lawler to fill one of their DB vacancies.

46 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Love that we dodged another bullet. Good luck Elks.

Also I'm firmly in the camp that Harris (Trevor) is done. Don't want him anywhere near the Bombers. Go play out your days in TO.

If he'll take backup money I would gladly have him on board.

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

Ive never been interested in an aging back up who has no promise of a future with us. Rather roll with McGuire or another young prospect. 

That was Collaros when we traded for him. I'm not saying Harris is Collaros, that's laughable, but he is someone I would bring in if Collaros went down in-season. 

6 minutes ago, JCon said:

That was Collaros when we traded for him. I'm not saying Harris is Collaros, that's laughable, but he is someone I would bring in if Collaros went down in-season. 

Collaros also doesn't have a history of drama following him around. Teammates from multiple teams have come out and had less than ideal things to say about Harris. Add on the weird vaccine thing, I just don't think he's a FIFO kinda guy. 

19 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Ive never been interested in an aging back up who has no promise of a future with us. Rather roll with McGuire or another young prospect. 

Agree. With only being able to roster 2 QBs I’d rather a development QB. If it’s not McGuire they need to bring another young QB in this year. If it is McGuire I hope he gets some more reps in this year and takes the next step. Bringing Harris in only slows the development of a young QB. Now if Zach gets injured then it’s a different discussion. 

3 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Edmonton will go hard at WJ.

Will be interesting to see what happens. 

He's gonna go from a back to back champion team to a tire fire that was just put out?unless they unload unreal amounts of money,WJ will move his family to Winnipeg like he said and call er a career

40 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Willie does love Coach Jones (he's been pretty public about that) but I'm not sure it's enough to leave this winning org at this point in his career....

He has also been public about his love for Mike oshea and the Bombers in general so I don't think the pull of Chris Jones is as strong as it once was