2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

Just now, Noeller said:

Gray still has the starter gig all but locked up, just based on experience, but it won't take long for Dobson to figure it out and get more and more snaps as a 6OL likely...

Very likely. But vet bias aside, Dobson will very likely pass gray as a better guard this year, maybe early this year. 

Having dobson be the guy to come in for the heavy package alone is going to be major. He's one of the best canadian road graders I've ever seen. He wasn't just a guy who dominated his man in college, he broke guys will to compete. 

15 hours ago, Booch said:

if he does surpass Gray this yr...fairly big if...Gray as the 6th is crazy good depth...we set along o-line for sure now...

Not in polish certainly but Dobson is far better suited and built for inside play and gray for out side. I wouldn’t be surprised to see goal line package at the start of the year feature dobson at grays guard spot as gray moves outside of yoshi to the 6th ol spot. 

Edited by wbbfan

Gray is better than you guys think. It was a choice for him to come back home to Winnipeg because Chelsea wanted him too. He was in Green Bay, Cleveland and then Seattle wanted him to stay there but he came home instead to have a better family life. He's no bubble player, he just needs his chance to be a starter.  

11 minutes ago, Firekid said:

Gray is better than you guys think. It was a choice for him to come back home to Winnipeg because Chelsea wanted him too. He was in Green Bay, Cleveland and then Seattle wanted him to stay there but he came home instead to have a better family life. He's no bubble player, he just needs his chance to be a starter.  

I don't think anyone counts Gray out. And to his credit, when he's in he's been very good. But "chance to start" is implying he hasn't been given an opportunity to win starting jobs...when he has. And has not been able to win those jobs. 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

I don't think anyone counts Gray out. And to his credit, when he's in he's been very good. But "chance to start" is implying he hasn't been given an opportunity to win starting jobs...when he has. And has not been able to win those jobs. 

Gray is very good. If we had lost him to FA it would have been devastating to our OL.