2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Bombers added a bunch of new guys ahead of rookie camp … REC/returner BJ Muckelvene (Wingate), REC/RB TJ Hammonds (Arkansas), REC Tavonn Salter (Midd Tennessee), LB Darion Taylor (Pittsburg State), DB Javon Jackson (West Georgia) and RB Vance Barnes (Northern State)

None of these names jump out as sure things- dark horses as best and probably training camp faces.

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

welcome back, Robert Priester....

See you later Priester since he was released?

Here's what 3DN had on Sanford going into the draft:

15. Brandon Sanford, University of British Columbia (Salmon Arm, B.C.)

Sanford’s film is sloppy, but he tested with impressive explosiveness at the Western Regional Combine, finishing second among all linemen in this draft with an eight-foot, seven-and-three-quarter-inch broad jump. That was while tipping the scales at six-foot-four and 336 pounds, so there may be some untapped raw potential yet to be exposed.

15 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

See you later Priester since he was released?

Here's what 3DN had on Sanford going into the draft:

Perfect. A development player on the line with potential upside. If there is a team that can have patience in developing a CDN OL, it's us. 

Not sure if the scouting noted by 3DN is any good, given that he was not selected in the draft. I would think that a team looking down their list in the 7th round and didn't pick him, must have had him ranked really lowly. 

17 hours ago, Mike said:

Bombers added a bunch of new guys ahead of rookie camp … REC/returner BJ Muckelvene (Wingate), REC/RB TJ Hammonds (Arkansas), REC Tavonn Salter (Midd Tennessee), LB Darion Taylor (Pittsburg State), DB Javon Jackson (West Georgia) and RB Vance Barnes (Northern State)

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

Perfect. A development player on the line with potential upside. If there is a team that can have patience in developing a CDN OL, it's us. 

Not sure if the scouting noted by 3DN is any good, given that he was not selected in the draft. I would think that a team looking down their list in the 7th round and didn't pick him, must have had him ranked really lowly. 

Yeah you have to take anything from 3DN with a grain of salt but he was at the bottom of their list (15th of 15 OL ranked).  Ferguson, in his final mock draft, had him as a 7th round pick so being picked up after the draft as a FA doesn't seem too far off.

Any time a Canadian OL is available at this time of year... I'm skeptical... anyone worth their salt is automatically scooped up by now... but we're one of the few teams that can be patient with an OL prospect... so to me this seems like a no risk, high reward move... I'll take it.

Sounds like Liam Dobsen was passed over in Chicago Bears mini-camp. The bears signed 6 undrafted free agents from their rookie mini-camp including one offensive lineman but not Dobsen.  Assuming nothing has changed he should currently be in Saints mini camp. I would imagine that within 3 days or so we should know if he's been offered a contract. 

4 hours ago, JCon said:

Two weeks from tonight, the Bombers play at home. Two weeks!! 

Good thing it's a preseason game. I'm not in regular season shape yet. 

Two weeks from now will the trees have leaves? Will we be wearing layers and drinking hot chocolate to stay warm? What a year for the earliest start to the season ever. 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He won't be back. We're a capped team under the old CBA. 

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I'm not saying you're wrong, but there's absolutely no way to know. 

18 minutes ago, Noeller said:

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I'm not saying you're wrong, but there's absolutely no way to know. 

They've invested in Dakota Prukop as the backup. Streveler won't sign for $100,000. He'll want a lot more & probably the chance to compete as a starter. If we couldn't keep players like Harris, Darby, Lawler & Castillo why do you think we can afford Streveler? We all love the guy but financially I don't think it makes sense. Besides, we won the Grey Cup last year without him. He was so important in our GC drive in 19 when LaPo was the OC. Buck does things differently. I mean sure, maybe I'm wrong & you're right. I'd love to see him back here. I just don't think it's doable. 

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He was so important in our GC drive in 19 when LaPo was the OC. Buck does things differently. I mean sure, maybe I'm wrong & you're right. I'd love to see him back here. I just don't think it's doable. 

One thing I've learned over the years of watching the CFL IS you should never say never....you know that...I know you said 'doable' and unless you/we have an in on the books,  you can't say for sure AND you know 'nobody' gets to see the books

3 minutes ago, Stickem said:

One thing I've learned over the years of watching the CFL IS you should never say never....you know that...I know you said 'doable' and unless you/we have an in on the books,  you can't say for sure AND you know 'nobody' gets to see the books

Yep, but if we find a way to sign Streveler it means we let other guys go that helped us win a Grey Cup which I don't like. In the CFL an addition usually means a subtraction somewhere else with such a tight salary cap.