2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

16 minutes ago, JCon said:

I'm only thinking of the roster moves you need to make to fit Desjarlais. If he comes back, he'll be expecting to be a starter, obviously. 

Neufeld could be the odd person out. Or, maybe a injury replacement. 

If every one is healthy, and gray is killing it, they could rotate neufeld and gray and keep both on the AR. You don't see that often, but I'm a big fan of it. Especially if you have great chemistry between all the OL. We have pioneered/championed the DL rotation in the cfl. And reaped great rewards from keeping guys fresh and letting them go harder in fewer reps, but still stick to the every rep every down, same guys on the OL. 

If he wants to be here..and we can sign him for sure u make that happen.

Mourtada kicked well...yeah he missed but they were on line...straight...and solid. His alignment was out of wack...and yeah it was a hashmamrk thing...he was overcompensating for the wider angle...I look forward to see what this camp shows..and his kick offs were great...95 percent of them he dropped right inside the goal/ten yard line close to sideline....perfect placements....I know he punts too..just not sure how accomplished

12 hours ago, wbbfan said:

https://3downnation.com/2022/05/05/ranking-every-teams-2022-cfl-draft-class/

Don't agree much with this assessment. I get why he put us at the bottom, though I dont agree. I think this was an excellent draft crop for what was available, what picks we had and worked very well with what we needed. 

Tors rank is the worst on the list imo. They killed it. 

It should also be mentioned that one of the Bombers' picks landed them Castillo. How likely would they have won the Cup if they didn't make that trade?

*NEW STOVE ALERT*

WINNIPEG — The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have signed American running back/returner Greg McCrae and American receivers Eli Stove and Tavaris Harrison.

McCrae (five-foot-10, 175 pounds, UCF; born: January 21, 1998 in Miami, FL) joins the Blue Bombers after a spectacular career at the University of Central Florida. There, McCrae left his mark in the team’s history books having earned himself the highest yards-per-carry with an average of 6.45. He ranks fourth in school history with 29 career rushing touchdowns and fourth with 2,620 rushing yards. In 2021, McCrae spent time with the Toronto Argonauts.

On 2022-05-05 at 1:32 PM, wbbfan said:

If every one is healthy, and gray is killing it, they could rotate neufeld and gray and keep both on the AR. You don't see that often, but I'm a big fan of it. Especially if you have great chemistry between all the OL. We have pioneered/championed the DL rotation in the cfl. And reaped great rewards from keeping guys fresh and letting them go harder in fewer reps, but still stick to the every rep every down, same guys on the OL. 

Nature of the position. DL is reactive to the play. OL is proactive with blocking assignments & chemistry. Switching guys in & out messes with that as well as timing on offensive plays. There's a reason why no one does subbing on the OL anywhere. I don't think it'd work out that well.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Nature of the position. DL is reactive to the play. OL is proactive with blocking assignments & chemistry. Switching guys in & out messes with that as well as timing on offensive plays. There's a reason why no one does subbing on the OL anywhere. I don't think it'd work out that well.

If that was the issue sub packages for wrs 3rs down backs etc down south wouldn't be as effective as they are. Or part time te h back stuff