2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

Sure we say that every year about new receivers in camp, but maybe it’s because every year we see how the scouting system set up by McManus/Goveia digs deeper into the prospect pool?  

This regime has shown me how much it takes to establish a real scouting network, and even then how it takes time to really get rolling.

Edited by BigBlueFanatic

52 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Sure we say that every year about new receivers in camp, but maybe it’s because every year we see how the scouting system set up by McManus/Goveia digs deeper into the prospect pool?  

This regime has shown me how much it takes to establish a real scouting network, and even then how it takes time to really get rolling.

There is definitely an element of 'new season' goggles going on when looking at our prospects.

Especially when we know it's going to take a year or two for these prospects to really break out.

our scouting pool, and network pretty much from last yr already now is firmly established...and thats why we have seen the fluidity of the roster and basically just re-loads, and opposed to starting from scratch.

Also the organization too has become the first call from Agents with clients they are peddling, quality ones with needed tape for a one last NFL shot. The top to bottom professionalism and true "pro" environment and team culture is a huge factor in this.

We had hyped guys before, but when u went to camp you could see the jump from college to pro was to big for most...last few yrs been a bit different, and this yr now we allowwd to attend camp should be interesting to watch...some real true legit prospects this yr to push the vets

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

A little nugget from Tait's latest piece, a plan B for the ratio if their is an OL injury is using 2 on D. Good piece as always, thought it was interesting.

Yeah, walters talked about it in his presser too. At this point I'm sure the bombers would be comfortable starting an NI dt, wil, or db as needed. 

If Eli isnt back, but dobson signs then he's good enough to be our 6th OL. Then it'd be our plan C to start 3 imps. If dobson signs and Eli is brought back then our OL is as deep as last year. 

Having Koczwara back is nice for the depth too.  Adamson is a beast 1 on on 1 too, if they turn him around and he takes to the OL well he could move up quickly. I could see him taking a roster spot based on the ability to play both ways if he does well in OL reps too. 

19 minutes ago, JCon said:

Two areas that we were particularly concerned with going into last season was DB and WR. They brought in tons of both and both turned out to be a strength in the end. 

They're doing the same this year. No reason to think they can't do well with both again. 

This TC roster looks more like the dickenson stamps dynasty then any thing the league has seen since then. The volume of blue chip prospects fighting each other for a chance at a job is un real. 

22 minutes ago, Booch said:

our scouting pool, and network pretty much from last yr already now is firmly established...and thats why we have seen the fluidity of the roster and basically just re-loads, and opposed to starting from scratch.

Also the organization too has become the first call from Agents with clients they are peddling, quality ones with needed tape for a one last NFL shot. The top to bottom professionalism and true "pro" environment and team culture is a huge factor in this.

We had hyped guys before, but when u went to camp you could see the jump from college to pro was to big for most...last few yrs been a bit different, and this yr now we allowwd to attend camp should be interesting to watch...some real true legit prospects this yr to push the vets

Not only does this roster have no holes, it has pick of the litter for who to develop as the next man up. Usually you know certain blue chip guys are going to stick around in one way shape or form. This year, a couple of good players with great upside are going to be let go. 

Ellingson, Saunders, Bailey, Demski, Woli for a starting wr core going into camp. No weak links in the chain and if any one isn't 100% they got the group of

Agudosi, B.jackson, Mcknight, Simmons, Whopp, Schoen and more at their heels. Normally we'd be very happy to have 1 or 2 guys like Simons, and whopp or returning guys like Jackson and Agudosi. The depth is nuts. 

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

https://3downnation.com/2022/05/05/ranking-every-teams-2022-cfl-draft-class/

Don't agree much with this assessment. I get why he put us at the bottom, though I dont agree. I think this was an excellent draft crop for what was available, what picks we had and worked very well with what we needed. 

Tors rank is the worst on the list imo. They killed it. 

The hate us cause they aint us!

28 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Don't agree much with this assessment. I get why he put us at the bottom, though I dont agree. I think this was an excellent draft crop for what was available, what picks we had and worked very well with what we needed. 

I guess we will see. Kyle mentioned that there were no olinemen in the draft that they liked, so do you take the word of a GM with back to back Grey Cups or? 😉

42 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

JC Abbott writes like a guy who enjoys the smell of his own farts

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

This TC roster looks more like the dickenson stamps dynasty then any thing the league has seen since then. The volume of blue chip prospects fighting each other for a chance at a job is un real. 

Not only does this roster have no holes, it has pick of the litter for who to develop as the next man up. Usually you know certain blue chip guys are going to stick around in one way shape or form. This year, a couple of good players with great upside are going to be let go. 

Ellingson, Saunders, Bailey, Demski, Woli for a starting wr core going into camp. No weak links in the chain and if any one isn't 100% they got the group of

Agudosi, B.jackson, Mcknight, Simmons, Whopp, Schoen and more at their heels. Normally we'd be very happy to have 1 or 2 guys like Simons, and whopp or returning guys like Jackson and Agudosi. The depth is nuts. 

I can say without hyperbole that this is the greatest TC roster ever assembled in the history of TC rosters.

If Dobson is here, and Eli appears from the Abyss we are still stacked at O-line with all the returnees....now if Desjarlais shakes free at some point in season, and returns....we are crazy stacked, to almost being unfair....but that leads back to the solid management and direction this team is at, and the smart drafting and player retention.

Same can be said about Kongbo...this is his last NFL stab, and if he shakes free...and returns which I cant see why he wouldn't...the flexability/depth and skill level on defense with our nationals is gonna be crazy good too

46 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I can say without hyperbole that this is the greatest TC roster ever assembled in the history of TC rosters.

Can't be true.  That would require MR. TC MODP, 4 time TC line backer Tony Ortiz! 2nd best though for sure. 

39 minutes ago, Booch said:

If Dobson is here, and Eli appears from the Abyss we are still stacked at O-line with all the returnees....now if Desjarlais shakes free at some point in season, and returns....we are crazy stacked, to almost being unfair....but that leads back to the solid management and direction this team is at, and the smart drafting and player retention.

Same can be said about Kongbo...this is his last NFL stab, and if he shakes free...and returns which I cant see why he wouldn't...the flexability/depth and skill level on defense with our nationals is gonna be crazy good too

If all 3 aren't in blue and gold this year, it's still the best OL going into TC. 

7 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I am excited to see how the Hallett bros, Rene and Ford do in the secondary. Have to assume there is a good possibility that one of the spots in the secondary goes National.

Unless BA recovers in record time, S will be an NI starter breaking camp. 

58 minutes ago, Booch said:

If Dobson comes and Eli resurfaces, I would be surprised if we could attract Desjarlais back and pay him. 

14 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Can't be true.  That would require MR. TC MODP, 4 time TC line backer Tony Ortiz! 2nd best though for sure. 

If all 3 aren't in blue and gold this year, it's still the best OL going into TC. 

Unless BA recovers in record time, S will be an NI starter breaking camp. 

yeah...as it stands right now we have the best line, and 100 % we go national at safety to break camp.

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

If Dobson comes and Eli resurfaces, I would be surprised if we could attract Desjarlais back and pay him. 

100% certain we have Desjarlais money socked away for any return this yr, hence why we didnt go stupid in free agency after we signed our key guys, and why Harris was taking a shave, because if anyone doesn't think he was expendable if he didnt accept that deal, then your out to lunch.

If Desjarlais doesnt shake free this yr, you know Walters will use that money for some one who does

35 minutes ago, JCon said:

If it came down to that someone would get an apple and a road map and we would bring back Desjarlais. Whether it is Eli, Gray, perhaps even Neufeld or a high priced vet somewhere else...if Desjarlais is available, and wants to sign the contract we offer him we will make it happen.

Edited by GCn20

Just now, JCon said:

Midseason if his replacement is playing well? 

That's likely the best case scenario anyway is that he is available mid season. Guy is a stud, doesn't matter what his replacement is doing. In that scenario we can offer him a fair contract and not have to blow our brains out though.

Edited by GCn20

9 minutes ago, JCon said:

Midseason if his replacement is playing well? 

Best guard in the league, 24, and an NI. If gray (as it stands) is playing great you bring him back and perhaps reduce the load on neufeld who is 9 years older. The combination of experience and age couture and desjarlais have is the stuff of unicorn farts. You hold onto that at any price imo. 

Gray also has the skill set to be a starting RT in the cfl. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Best guard in the league, 24, and an NI. If gray (as it stands) is playing great you bring him back and perhaps reduce the load on neufeld who is 9 years older. The combination of experience and age couture and desjarlais have is the stuff of unicorn farts. You hold onto that at any price imo. 

Gray also has the skill set to be a starting RT in the cfl. 

I'm only thinking of the roster moves you need to make to fit Desjarlais. If he comes back, he'll be expecting to be a starter, obviously. 

Neufeld could be the odd person out. Or, maybe a injury replacement.