2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

1 hour ago, JCon said:

I missed this. 

Great arm talent and size. Mentally tough and aggressive decision making but not great at reading a d and not mobile. Very mbt skill set but much better experience. 

Interesting pick up not our usual type of qb

1 minute ago, bigg jay said:

I wonder if this news affects the team's draft strategy?

Same. I also wonder if it effects Eli. I could see them having been waiting him out to get him on as cheap a deal as possible. If they can get him on a min or close to it, and Dobson comes up this year, plus the possibility that Desjarlais gets cut that's all gotta play in heavily. 

I also think we will be inclined towards gambling on a lotto ticket pick who has NFL options, not just for the upside but for financial savings just like with dobson last year. 

Apparently the contract that Dobson signed, only allowed him to try out for the NFL if he's not playing in the upstart league...Does that mean he can't come north if he's not successful catching on with a NFL club.....I'm confused

The Eli release hasn't been updated since the Covid episode of last year just before the Cup......Would be nice to hear if something has changed with that situation

Edited by Stickem

3 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Apparently the contract that Dobson signed, only allowed him to try out for the NFL if he's not playing in that league...Does that mean he can't come north if he's not successful catching on with a NFL club.....I'm confused

He couldn't sign the contract because he couldn't get a work visa. I would say it's null and void. 

3 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Well that clears that up.......Hope he lands with us.....or Desjarlis comes home would even be better

That would be awesome. 

Just to be clear, he may have signed the agreement, but any terms would have been subject to him receiving a working visa. 

16 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

The fact that Eli hasn't been signed by any team should probably indicate he's not going to be. I'll be blown away if he's playing in the CFL this year.

I can see the logic in that, but the CFL seldom works that way. From eli being drafted in the first place, to ruby being re instated, and soo many more moves. The level of awareness in cfl front offices on peripheral players is extremely bad. To some extent its always going to be a fact of life. CFL teams have a fraction of the scouting funds that every other league in north america has, and they have 10x more ground to cover than every thing short of baseball and soccer. 

If it wasn't for danny macs fringe relation to eli the entire league would've slept on him. 

9 hours ago, Mike said:

Bombers sign the new runaway camp favourite based entirely off name and name alone, DB Zeno Hannibal

Still behind whopper, but in a normal year he'd be the run away favorite for TC Most Valuable Name. Craphonso Thorpe is still my all time favorite. 

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I can see the logic in that, but the CFL seldom works that way. From eli being drafted in the first place, to ruby being re instated, and soo many more moves. The level of awareness in cfl front offices on peripheral players is extremely bad. To some extent its always going to be a fact of life. CFL teams have a fraction of the scouting funds that every other league in north america has, and they have 10x more ground to cover than every thing short of baseball and soccer. 

If it wasn't for danny macs fringe relation to eli the entire league would've slept on him. 

Still behind whopper, but in a normal year he'd be the run away favorite for TC Most Valuable Name. Craphonso Thorpe is still my all time favorite. 

Pretty sure Duane Slay made the team based on name but was cut early.