2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

51 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Could you imagine if they made a retro version of our “unfinished business” early 2000’s jerseys. I mean wouldn’t be the worst idea in the world those were pretty nice. 

I can't find the twitter thread at the moment but I have seen some current players hoping to get jerseys from that era as a 3rd jersey.

Dakota looks like his arm is up to snuff....pretty good actually....Working with Zack will certainly be a huge benefit ...and it's the stuff between the ears that's a real diference maker for a qb.....IF he attains that we could be in good shape at the back-up position....Don't remember his running ability ...so there's also that....Don't think he's another Streve but we do need a short yardage guy

4 hours ago, Stickem said:

Dakota looks like his arm is up to snuff....pretty good actually....Working with Zack will certainly be a huge benefit ...and it's the stuff between the ears that's a real diference maker for a qb.....IF he attains that we could be in good shape at the back-up position....Don't remember his running ability ...so there's also that....Don't think he's another Streve but we do need a short yardage guy

The young guys coming up are all throwing the ball the new way. No more stepping into the throw. This ain't the way your Daddy threw the ball.  ;)

17 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

Better to look good at practice than not, and that all looked good to me. Dom Davis also looked very good at practice though so there's that

Dom has a brick between the ears for brains. He's been in the league for 7 years & he's just as dumb now as he was a rookie. Let's assume Prukop has a better grasp for reading defenses & making the right decisions. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

16 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The young guys coming up are all throwing the ball the new way. No more stepping into the throw. This ain't the way your Daddy threw the ball.  ;)

Dom has a brick between the ears for brains. He's been in the league for 7 years & he's just as dumb now as he was a rookie. Let's assume Prukop has a better grasp for reading defenses & making the right decisions. 

I never noticed that before, but ya you are right, looking again at that film its less leg and more shoulder and arm torque. I wonder if that's for better accuracy.

15 hours ago, coach17 said:

I never noticed that before, but ya you are right, looking again at that film its less leg and more shoulder and arm torque. I wonder if that's for better accuracy.

It's more accurate because the throwing motion is more natural. The back foot in the ground anchors the body & there's little lean which means there is no over the top motion. It's all about the speed of hip rotation now as that is what generates the power. Just watch how Aaron Rodgers & Joe Burrow throw. Nothing like Peyton Manning or John Elway did.

The game has changed. So too, has quarterbacking. In the CFL we have defensive linemaen like Willie Jefferson & Jackson Jeffcoat. In the NFL there's Aaron Donald & Cameron Heyward. These guys are all athletic & fast. In order to be successful, qbs have to get rid of the ball faster & sometimes off balance which means they don't have time to "step into the throw" as they'll get crushed. They'll throw over as well as around charging linemen & linebackers to make their throws. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZMry66DNXS/

Dak Prescott was ridiculed on social media in 2021 for his pre game warm up routine. All by fans & media that don't understand the new mechanics of throwing the ball. This is what generates power in the throw, Strong hip rotation.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

21 hours ago, Noeller said:

Nunn looks like a gem. Tough athletic guy with high light reel catching ability. Looks like he got thrown to the wolves with the qbs be had to play with.  And another hard nosed wr who loves to block. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/antonio-nunn/32004e55-4e40-8165-5264-83a6a2ad1fb4

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2940963-antonio-nunn-nfl-draft-2021-scouting-report-for-atlanta-falcons-wr