2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

21 minutes ago, Stickem said:

My cholesterol levels are going up just reading these burger takes ....Burger me up and take me to the game ....and I'm good for the day

Bacon cheeseburger and fries with a Fort Garry Dark and a ride to the East Final from Fionn McCool's for $15 bucks is just about the best money I've ever spent in my life. It took forever and a dog's age to GET to the game, and we just barely made it for kickoff......but all in all, that's a good $15.

47 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Measuring hard money he is 17. Measuring with bonus he is 11....and his bonuses are of the easily attainable variety.  Considering he is an IMP I think he is fairly compensated and his placement on the list is about right.

Shaddup you whippersnapper.

Yep, I love them too, and the McDoubles as well. Like I said if it is a burger chances are I'll like it, unless it's some kind of gross frozen patty or something.

Except he's played 18 games just twice in seven years. 100k base, + his 30k signing bonus, +15k for making the active roster, +5k for playing atleast 9 games. = 150k. That which is most likely leaves him tied for 2nd lowest max on that list. The remaining 6k would tie into playing all games, and likely divisional / league all star, or MOL. Just twice has yoshi been a west all star, and only once has he been a league all star. He's always going to be out shined by bryant for MOL.  

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

Like clockwork these two...

"Now, I'm not saying..."

I thought the leagues only way forward was the XFL, Farhan and Dave? 

TSN talking heads aside, I'm happy to hear what they're saying here. That should be good news. If people like Wade Miller and John Hufnagel are talking about changes, I'm a little more okay with that. 

5 hours ago, wbbfan said:

https://3downnation.com/2022/03/18/the-cfls-offensive-line-salaries-for-the-2022-season/

top 20 OL salaries in the cfl for this year. Bryant is no3, but 3 guys below him have a higher maximum contract value. So he could end up 6th. Couture is 12th, and the article points out that he has never missed a game in his 5 year career. Yoshi is 17th.

Its been the best OL in the league since bond and hardrick drew in early in the 2016 season. And it's going to be the best OL in the league again in 2022. 

The elk have 3 in the top 20, the riders have 3, ott 2, bc has 2, ham 2, mtl 2, argos 2, and cal has 1. It feels like most cfl teams (other than cal and winnipeg) are fighting over each others guys thinking that dropping their 2 best ol for other teams with crappy ols 2 best ol will some how fix their ol.  

makes u laugh eh?...considering how good our line is....works for me tho

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

makes u laugh eh?...considering how good our line is....works for me tho

It makes me laugh and shake my head. Its a damn good thing that every OL on our roster will have a much longer career than the average ol in the league to recoup all the money they aren't getting paid. But it also speaks volumes to how committed the guys we have are to this team. No marcus sayles, kenny lawlers, etc chasing dollars. I'll bet any thing that every guy on the ol could've got more money with another team since 2019. 

I could see Desjarlais getting lured away though, if he gets cut in the NFL teams like BC, Edm, Tor etc should be willing to pay twice what we could afford. 

On 2022-03-16 at 8:37 AM, GCn20 said:

Me too. I will eat one Whopper for every TD he scores if he makes it. 

Aah...who am I kidding....I will eat a Whopper anyway even if he doesn't score...in fact it's 8:35 a,m. anyone know if Burger King serves Whoppers right now?

Burger King will make burgers and fries at any hour, so will A&W too.

6 hours ago, Tracker said:

Can't believe how many accolades McDonalds is getting here. I guess sometimes calories are more important than standards. Fatburger for me.

Every burger joint in existence, is capable of giving you the occasional 'bad burger'

Having relatives in the potato business (North Dakota) who have direct contracts with McDonald's - I know that their quality control is second to none 

29 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Every burger joint in existence, is capable of giving you the occasional 'bad burger'

Having relatives in the potato business (North Dakota) who have direct contracts with McDonald's - I know that their quality control is second to none 

To add a note of levity (and politics), a couple of weeks ago, Trump held a rally with attendees paying several hundred dollars to be in The Presence. They were fed......McDonald's hamburgers, fries and cola. That summed up Trump's GOP perfectly.

38 minutes ago, Tracker said:

To add a note of levity (and politics), a couple of weeks ago, Trump held a rally with attendees paying several hundred dollars to be in The Presence. They were fed......McDonald's hamburgers, fries and cola. That summed up Trump's GOP perfectly.

Is he still doing rallies? Those in attendance should import Russian rations the soldiers eat that expired 5 years ago. 

6 hours ago, iHeart said:

When you do, order Curly fries to go with it (yes they have curly fries)

Curly fries with seasoning on the side,  otherwise they are super salty.   

The California burger is my go to at Fat Burger and it's amazing! 

3 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Me too.  Haven't tried their stuff yet but this location will be close to home so I'm looking forward to it.

I've had the St James location a few times.  It's as good as Fat Burger,  definitely much better then 5 guys.   The Milkshakes are a tad pricey but they can be a meal on their own.