2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Calgary DESPERATELY needs a new stadium. It's the worst in the league by a lot... 

I agree but Ambrosie coming here proclaiming it. is just grandstanding. He should have better things to do. A new stadium may never get built here.

On 2022-03-14 at 4:06 PM, Noeller said:

If I may.......*ahem*

"BUT WHY ISN'T KYLE WALTERS BRINGING IN RECEIVERS? JOHN HUFNAGEL IS ALWAYS BRINGING IN RECEIVERS! CALGARY IS GREAT! WE ARE NOT!!" 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47q7qs0qtvyecp74h60g

ok, that's it Speedflex, you've lost me.  Impossible Whoppers are delicious.

being in the US now, I miss Harveys.  I ate at Harveys all the time back in the nineties, it was the best chain hamburger in Canada by a mile.  I had one a few years ago when I was visiting Ottawa and it wasn't as good as I remembered.

but yeah, TB4E has it, mom and pop is where it's at when it comes to hamburgers.

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Like A&W but pricier than others for what you get. Wendy’s Baconator and the double quarter pounder from Mickey D’s are both disgustingly calorific. Love them. But honestly the “mom and pop” store burgers are better. 

I stay away from double patties. I like Teen Burger, Mozza Burger, Big Mac & Whopper. My youngest son Tyler was born in Calgary. He never had a burger from Junior's. Well back in the 70's I went to the University of Winnipeg. I used to walk across the street to Junior's the odd time to grab a burger & fries. When we were in town for Xmas in 1999, I decided to take him there & he had a loaded burger & fries. He was 9 & his reaction was just like what you see in that dumb peanut butter ad. He was incredulous. So funny to watch. Now, he's so into fitness & health that he stays away from all the burger joints in Seattle. The only burger he'll eat is one he makes himself on his BBQ. 

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

113-1134560_blue-four-leaf-clover-png-tr

That's too off topic.... 

So, with 85 days until kick-off, what holes do the Bombers still need to fill? 

And, are we drafting for position or best on the board? 

Edited by JCon

Not sure about “holes” per se, but areas of competition at camp include 5th receiver behind Bailey, Demski, Ellington, and Wolitarsky, kick/punt returner, interior d-lineman to replace Richardson, and secondary to replace Alexander short term and Alford long term. Also kicking situation may be “set” but not “settled”. Can’t speak too confidently about the draft, but Walters has always leaned towards building the o-line, and we did lose back-up depth there. 

Talking burgers....I used to think that the Salisbury House had a pretty good burger....and Kelekis in the north end ...but then I'm from the Doo-*** era ....Went to an AW on Van. Island when I first arrived, and thought it had a pretty good burg....and noticed they had an old time picture on their wall of the first AW in Wpg. that  I can remember ...It was in the lot of the old stadium beside Polo Park .....Wow...that's going back some...Is the Millionaire Drive Inn still in operation or the Dog &Suds on McPhillips....they also had a good burger going on back in the day....Gotta stop now.....getting hungry

Edited by Stickem

On 2022-03-16 at 5:04 PM, TrueBlue4ever said:

Like A&W but pricier than others for what you get. Wendy’s Baconator and the double quarter pounder from Mickey D’s are both disgustingly calorific. Love them. But honestly the “mom and pop” store burgers are better. 

I like them all for different reasons. All the mom and pop burgers too. Just a burger ***** I guess.

https://3downnation.com/2022/03/18/the-cfls-offensive-line-salaries-for-the-2022-season/

top 20 OL salaries in the cfl for this year. Bryant is no3, but 3 guys below him have a higher maximum contract value. So he could end up 6th. Couture is 12th, and the article points out that he has never missed a game in his 5 year career. Yoshi is 17th.

Its been the best OL in the league since bond and hardrick drew in early in the 2016 season. And it's going to be the best OL in the league again in 2022. 

The elk have 3 in the top 20, the riders have 3, ott 2, bc has 2, ham 2, mtl 2, argos 2, and cal has 1. It feels like most cfl teams (other than cal and winnipeg) are fighting over each others guys thinking that dropping their 2 best ol for other teams with crappy ols 2 best ol will some how fix their ol.  

25 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Yoshi at 17? Wow.

I guess he has had some injury issues.

That's mind blowing for a 95% shut down OT. 

Measuring hard money he is 17. Measuring with bonus he is 11....and his bonuses are of the easily attainable variety.  Considering he is an IMP I think he is fairly compensated and his placement on the list is about right.

4 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

there are a lot of terrible burger related takes in this thread

get with it, old timers

Shaddup you whippersnapper.

13 hours ago, Mark H. said:

I'm a sucker for burgers, period. You can all crap on me if you want, but one of my all time favourites is the MCD cheeseburger (2 or 3 of them). 

Yep, I love them too, and the McDoubles as well. Like I said if it is a burger chances are I'll like it, unless it's some kind of gross frozen patty or something.

Edited by GCn20