2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

9 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Here is McKnight's highlight video, he's fast but too short to play receiver IMO.  It looks like he could be a good return man if Grant doesn't return.

He's not too short to play wr. He is far too slow to be a return man though.  He runs like Duke Williams. He's a crafty possession wr. Despite his size he is not a twitchy or fast guy to stretch the d or do damage after the catch. 

26 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He's not too short to play wr. He is far too slow to be a return man though.  He runs like Duke Williams. He's a crafty possession wr. Despite his size he is not a twitchy or fast guy to stretch the d or do damage after the catch. 

I personally feel that 5'8" is too short to play wide out in the CFL, however, others have done it. I think he is far more suited for the slot as he is explosive out of breaks and is a great route runner. He is not a take the top off the defence type player. His YAC was not great in college but he is a twitchy type runner. I think a far more apt comparable for him is Kyran Moore over Duke Williams. He literally has nothing in common with Duke other than an average 40 time. Personally, I think he could develop this year into someone who knocks on the door for a receiving spot but I don't realistically think he would make a particularly effective wideout. I could be wrong though. He did play KR/PR in college and had decent numbers but I'm not sure he is a Grant replacement at the pro level.

Edited by GCn20

5 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I personally feel that 5'8" is too short to play wide out in the CFL, however, others have done it. I think he is far more suited for the slot as he is explosive out of breaks and is a great route runner. He is not a take the top off the defence type player. His YAC was not great in college but he is a twitchy type runner. I think a far more apt comparable for him is Kyran Moore over Duke Williams. He literally has nothing in common with Duke other than an average 40 time. Personally, I think he could develop this year into someone who knocks on the door for a receiving spot but I don't realistically think he would make a particularly effective wideout. I could be wrong though. He did play KR/PR in college and had decent numbers but I'm not sure he is a Grant replacement at the pro level.

5 foot 8 is certainly sub optimal. Normally it takes considerable quickness or speed to over come that. But it can be done. 

He really isn't quick or explosive. Check out his ras rankings. His max speed and acceleration are all really poor. He scored like a 2.5 out of 10. The only quantitative that he did above the average in is vert. That can show a guy is quick and not fast like Charles Roberts. But his broad jump 10 yard time and 3 cone were all terrible too. If you watch him in his limited action here he shows no separation. 

Remember his college competition level was really low. His school is the most border line d1 team ever. 1 bowl game and 1 play off in 30 plus years. It's basically d3 quality football. They were soo bad in the 80s they shut down the program for like 5 years. His college tape has to be taken with a serious grain of salt. He was his teams best player and that's why he was the kr. But he wasn't very good at that in college. 

He's a 5 foot 8 185 lbs version of Duke Williams. He's a go up and get the ball possession wr. He's not a yac guy he's not going to out run or burst away from any cfl db. 

23 hours ago, wbbfan said:

5 foot 8 is certainly sub optimal. Normally it takes considerable quickness or speed to over come that. But it can be done. 

He really isn't quick or explosive. Check out his ras rankings. His max speed and acceleration are all really poor. He scored like a 2.5 out of 10. The only quantitative that he did above the average in is vert. That can show a guy is quick and not fast like Charles Roberts. But his broad jump 10 yard time and 3 cone were all terrible too. If you watch him in his limited action here he shows no separation. 

Remember his college competition level was really low. His school is the most border line d1 team ever. 1 bowl game and 1 play off in 30 plus years. It's basically d3 quality football. They were soo bad in the 80s they shut down the program for like 5 years. His college tape has to be taken with a serious grain of salt. He was his teams best player and that's why he was the kr. But he wasn't very good at that in college. 

He's a 5 foot 8 185 lbs version of Duke Williams. He's a go up and get the ball possession wr. He's not a yac guy he's not going to out run or burst away from any cfl db. 

He makes good cuts, but yea...he's not particularly quick and is definitely vertically challenged for wideout. Very smart receiver, guess he'd have to be at his size.

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

That might be the biggest signing in the off season.   Huge signing and 2 years also@!!

2 yrs....nice!!

people worried about what we doing...why so quiet...well we just locked up the most impactful DB that was in free agency, the 2 best DE's...2 best OT's...Best MLB...Top Corner, Top young Canadian RB...thats what we doing

22 minutes ago, Booch said:

2 yrs....nice!!

people worried about what we doing...why so quiet...well we just locked up the most impactful DB that was in free agency, the 2 best DE's...2 best OT's...Best MLB...Top Corner, Top young Canadian RB...thats what we doing

Also the reigning and defending, two time, GREY CUP CHAMPION.... Zach "Skip" Collaros!

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

He makes good cuts, but yea...he's not particularly quick and is definitely vertically challenged for wideout. Very smart receiver, guess he'd have to be at his size.

Pretty much. He's a very good route runner. Very polished. High effort guy and high character. His body type doesn't match his skill set. He'd be a stud prospect if he was big. Guys like that some times over come all and succeed. But it's long odds against him. 

I'm soo glad ba is back. I hope he recovers good n quick. 

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Pretty much. He's a very good route runner. Very polished. High effort guy and high character. His body type doesn't match his skill set. He'd be a stud prospect if he was big. Guys like that some times over come all and succeed. But it's long odds against him. 

I'm soo glad ba is back. I hope he recovers good n quick. 

I'm interested to see what he brings in year 2. Could be a bust, but could be a sleeper too. I just don't see it at wideout is all. Love for him to come in and prove me wrong but I see him as slot depth.

54 minutes ago, Brandon said:

That might be the biggest signing in the off season.   Huge signing and 2 years also@!!

Let's not get carried away with calling this the biggest signing of an offseason that saw Collaros, Biggie, Big Stan, and the Jeffs come back....but yeah...he's a big signing too. The middle of our defence is back intact. Gonna be another long season for offence's that play us. Some hand wringing and worry about losing Lawler, and Harris but realistically with our defence we won't need to score more than 20 a game.

Edited by GCn20

30 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I'm interested to see what he brings in year 2. Could be a bust, but could be a sleeper too. I just don't see it at wideout is all. Love for him to come in and prove me wrong but I see him as slot depth.

Let's not get carried away with calling this the biggest signing of an offseason that saw Collaros, Biggie, Big Stan, and the Jeffs come back....but yeah...he's a big signing too. The middle of our defence is back intact. Gonna be another long season for offence's that play us. Some hand wringing and worry about losing Lawler, and Harris but realistically with our defence we won't need to score more than 20 a game.

Yeah I don't see him producing like Bailey little on Lawler but you can never under estimate a guy like that. But I'd rather give that spot to a guy with more upside. 

Ba was neck and neck in my books with biggie for modp. Ba let's biggie do a lot more. He also makes over the middle a no fly zone. 

Collaros was the biggest resign of the season. Then the ol. Then ba biggie willy Jeffcoat. 

Mcknight...think Terry Vaughn mold/body type/skill package...maybe thats what the staff see's in him...not saying he's the next Vaughn...but he looks like a Vaughn....and all guys start out from nothing...and from nowhere...look at Bailey's 2019 stat line....certainly didnt scream stud in waiting by any stretch

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

really curious to hear some details on Alexander's injury and what his timeline is... 

said acl...but didnt look that bad....seemed fine afterward tho did have a bit of a limp days after...if only a partial tear and not needing complete rebuild....could be faster than you would expect...if he had it replaced and got it done in december...I'd say August sounds about right if no set backs

The cfl media are gonna be licking their lips writing the obituary for us this off season. Harris shouldnt have left that way, lost too many players, no replacement for lawler, other teams really stocked up. But they are all going to be dancing around the fact that our Defense is intact. Its heading into 2022 better than it did into 2021. They questioned if biggie could still get it done, they doubted the secondary, and our WIL. The secondary will be better despite departures by having maston back and having a year of experience together. Not to mention the possibility of a full healthy year of kyrie at wil. He really kicked it into another gear in the play offs. 

And on offense last year it went from harris' team and a run team, to the leading pass attack and collaros' unit. With that OL blocking, and collaros throwing the ball our top wr will be one of the leagues leaders no matter who it is. 

Edited by wbbfan