2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

12 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

We talk about how good his MVP season was in 02 but he averaged 23 yards per reception for over 1100 yards and 17 touchdowns in 2005 with guys like Tee Martin at QB. He had 53 catches that season with 17 touchdown meaning essentially every third catch was guaranteed taking it to the house. 

In 2005 we had Kevin Glenn for most of the season -- Martin threw fewer than 100 passes that year.

26 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

1997 with over 1600 yards, 26 yards per reception which I believe is a record and something like 16 tds with Kevin McDougall and Chris Vargas at QB and nothing beside him at wr, think the next leading receiver had 300 receiving yards. I mean he did that with no other threats.

These are the reasons I throw up when people say Geroy was better

22 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

1997 with over 1600 yards, 26 yards per reception which I believe is a record and something like 16 tds with Kevin McDougall and Chris Vargas at QB and nothing beside him at wr, think the next leading receiver had 300 receiving yards. I mean he did that with no other threats.

Not only that but dbs got away with absolute murder back then. Till the early 2ks vice cover was one guy playing press cover doing his best to not let you get down field then after 10 yards 2 of them doing it. 

I've never seen wrs get mugged soo bad as the cfl in that era. 

30 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Yup. Greatest ever. End of discussion. People always argue Allen Pitts. He was great, no doubt, but lets look at his quarterbacks:

Danny Barrett 1990-1991

Doug Flutie 1992-1995

Jeff Garcia 1994-1998

Dave Dickenson 1998-2000

Jesus H Christ. Those guys would have turned Woody Allen into a HOF receiver.

Milt would have hit 2000 yards every friggin' season with one arm tied behind his back.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

Just now, Nolby said:

These are the reasons I throw up when people say Geroy was better

That and an entire hof career worth of tds between em lol. 

Geroy is no2 in my books. But milt is in a tier all by him self. He was like prime Doug flutie. 

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yup. Greatest ever. End of discussion. People always argue Allen Pitts. He was great, no doubt, but lets look at this quarterbacks:

Danny Barrett 1990-1991

Doug Flutie 1992-1995

Jeff Garcia 1994-1998

Dave Dickenson 1998-2000

Jesus H Christ. Those guys could have turned Woody Allen into a HOF receiver.

Milt would have hit 2000 yards every friggin' season with one arm tied behind his back.

Danny Barrett probably threw for more yards in 1 game then the entire career of half the guys who tossed a pass to milt. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

That and an entire hof career worth of tds between em lol. 

Geroy is no2 in my books. But milt is in a tier all by him self. He was like prime Doug flutie. 

Danny Barrett probably threw for more yards in 1 game then the entire career of half the guys who tossed a pass to milt. 

And he was the worst QB Pitts played with!

2 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Just saw Theadric Hanson is back in Poland I am assuming he is going to play in their season then re sign with the Bombers once that season is done.

Guy is an animal. I have a feeling if you asked him to play on semi pro team and the schedule didn't over lap that he'd be all over it. Idk if any one else loves playing football as much as he does. 

19 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yup. Greatest ever. End of discussion. People always argue Allen Pitts. He was great, no doubt, but lets look at his quarterbacks:

Danny Barrett 1990-1991

Doug Flutie 1992-1995

Jeff Garcia 1994-1998

Dave Dickenson 1998Jesus-2000

Jesus H. Christ was a quarterback? For Calgary?

24 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Danny Barrett 1990-1991

Doug Flutie 1992-1995

Jeff Garcia 1994-1998

Dave Dickenson 1998-2000

prob a nice 2nd down move the sticks kinda guy hahaha

15 minutes ago, Tracker said:

But he really got nailed on one play. He was left hung out to fry.

Pretty sure that play was spearing too. 

31 minutes ago, Mike said:

Wolitarsky is the man.

Such a good dude in general.

He is soo similar to Cooper kupp in his game just with less volume. But as a person is like a keanue reeves meme

29 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Colin, say the Bombers offer Lawler $180.000 & the Lions $250,000, you'd expect him to turn it down to stay here? To walk away from $70 or $80,000? Even if there was a difference of $50.000 if we went to $200,000, tops?  C'mon man, get real. 

Playoff money should also factor in, which can add another $25K-$30K or so. Unless something catastrophic happens next season, we are a virtual lock to make the playoffs and odds on favorites to make it back to the Grey Cup. BC on the other hand will probably still be battling Edmonton for the West basement. Also, Lawler is the Alpha receiver here and will continue to be in the spotlight. In BC he'll be battling Whitehead and Burnham for targets being distributed by an unknown QB, which could hurt his future earnings when he's not putting up gaudy numbers. Lots of things to consider for Lawler.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti