2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

I for sure wanted duke. Thing is, he looks like he's lost more than a step, and was a real bag of dicks with the riders. Maybe he's a guy who would fall in line with fifo. Could be one of those agitators you love to have and hate to play against. But at his reduced speed and questionable health he's a high risk high reward player. I wouldnt want to pay him elite money at this point. 

If duke williams is comparable money to walker, and he'd fit the locker room then sure. If he's significantly more money than the guys in the walker tier Id pass even if he is a locker room fit. And I dont think he'd be a locker room fit. 

3 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I wanted Duke Williams last season. I don't need the extra **** he brings. 

Listening to Bighill after the West Final, it was clear Williams had a rep for his antics.

As a rider fan that for sure soured me to Duke Williams. I was willing to give him the pass for the Lemon incident as it seemed like Lemon just lost his cool and came up with an excuse, especailly that there was no evidence to back it up. But when something dirty happens the next week that starts to be a trend. I do think Duke is the best receiver in the CFL though. He can change the game. If he leaves the Riders I hope he goes to Ottawa for a ridiculous amount of money and we don't have to worry about playing him in meaningful games. 

1 hour ago, stevethe3rd said:

As a rider fan that for sure soured me to Duke Williams. I was willing to give him the pass for the Lemon incident as it seemed like Lemon just lost his cool and came up with an excuse, especailly that there was no evidence to back it up. But when something dirty happens the next week that starts to be a trend. I do think Duke is the best receiver in the CFL though. He can change the game. If he leaves the Riders I hope he goes to Ottawa for a ridiculous amount of money and we don't have to worry about playing him in meaningful games. 

I'm not even convinced Duke is a top 5 guy, although he did perform well with the Riders so I could be out to lunch on this.

Id put Lewis as the #1 guy in the league, followed by Burnham,Begeleton, Lawler, Walker ( if he decides he's interested in actually trying again), drug smuggler Quan Bray. The rest is a crap shoot. 

Edited by CodyT

50 minutes ago, CodyT said:

I'm not even convinced Duke is a top 5 guy, although he did perform well with the Riders so I could be out to lunch on this.

Id put Lewis as the #1 guy in the league, followed by Burnham,Begeleton, Lawler, Walker ( if he decides he's interested in actually trying again), drug smuggler Quan Bray. The rest is a crap shoot. 

Why would you put Walker in the top 5? Even Bray? But no Whitehead? Top 5 in no particular order for me, begeleton, whitehead, Lawler, Lewis and Burnham. 

15 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Why would you put Walker in the top 5? Even Bray? But no Whitehead? Top 5 in no particular order for me, begeleton, whitehead, Lawler, Lewis and Burnham. 

Yeah Bray is an off the board pick to be sure. I like him. Quick feet, fast, dependable hands, runs good routes. 

Probably doesn't deserve to be in contention as a top 5 or even top 10 guy but I'm not crazy about Williams either.

As far as Walker goes, a year ago, many on this board would have considered Walker as a top 5 talent. Tough team in Edmonton 

I think half a spectacular season for Whitehead isn't enough to make him a true top pass catching commodity. Good, dynamic player  but I'm in the wait and see camp still 

Edited by CodyT

17 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Who are some potential under the radar WR who might be worth looking at? A guy like Steven Dunbar comes to mind.

Ricky Collins, the Don Unamba of receivers, he's been solid everywhere he's gone and he's as tough as Bailey inside. He may not be #1 replacement caliber at 29, but he can still get the job done as a secondary receiver.  Probably fairly inexpensive too.

35 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Ricky Collins, the Don Unamba of receivers, he's been solid everywhere he's gone and he's as tough as Bailey inside. He may not be #1 replacement caliber at 29, but he can still get the job done as a secondary receiver.  Probably fairly inexpensive 

Is it just bad luck, or injury concerns with Collins? He seems to preform when utilized,  but teams seem to cut bait on him, pretty much yearly. 

11 minutes ago, Goldkobra said:

Is it just bad luck, or injury concerns with Collins? He seems to preform when utilized,  but teams seem to cut bait on him, pretty much yearly. 

Don't know, it could be he signs one year contracts and doesn't mind moving around, he had over 1,000 yds. receiving with the Esks. in 2019, so I don't think it's performance related.  Maybe he's looking to play for a winner.

Duke last year looked like he came to Canada out of shape and heavy

If he returns this year..in shape...head on right he could be a good asset in right lockeroom..

He always been a bit of a ****..but last yr he came into a room with a group of me first assbags (hello purifiy..marshall..Edam and Gainey) and HC who had no control of his team...and almost seemed like they didn't respect him...and he fell right in line with acting like the rest..

Pretty sure in FIFO lockeroom he would be kept in check...now.does that lockeroom want him...that's the question...but if we were to lose Lawler...and say Adams comes back on a friendly deal...or we move on...i'd take a one yr flyer...if he doesn't fit in...or is heads and shoulders above whatever other competition is in camp...u send him packing..or flip him somewhere for draft pick..or neg list guy

Darkhorse this yr may be that Jackson tho....heard good things...and also coukd be the emerg 3rd string QB

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Duke last year looked like he came to Canada out of shape and heavy

If he returns this year..in shape...head on right he could be a good asset in right lockeroom..

He always been a bit of a ****..but last yr he came into a room with a group of me first assbags (hello purifiy..marshall..Edam and Gainey) and HC who had no control of his team...and almost seemed like they didn't respect him...and he fell right in line with acting like the rest..

Pretty sure in FIFO lockeroom he would be kept in check...now.does that lockeroom want him...that's the question...but if we were to lose Lawler...and say Adams comes back on a friendly deal...or we move on...i'd take a one yr flyer...if he doesn't fit in...or is heads and shoulders above whatever other competition is in camp...u send him packing..or flip him somewhere for draft pick..or neg list guy

Darkhorse this yr may be that Jackson tho....heard good things...and also coukd be the emerg 3rd string QB

Thing is he was reported that he was slow in camp with the bills and then banged up. He's young to have lost a step but he was never fast he is big and he has been injured. 

Any team that signs him should work him out first. Amazing talent questionable head and questionable body. 

The riders gave him stupid pro rated money I don't think any one is going to give him that kind of money. 

I'd take Lawler lucky Lewis weineke and Burnham over what i saw from Duke last year. Lewis lucky Lawler and wenieke could kick it into another gear still. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Thing is he was reported that he was slow in camp with the bills and then banged up. He's young to have lost a step but he was never fast he is big and he has been injured. 

Any team that signs him should work him out first. Amazing talent questionable head and questionable body. 

The riders gave him stupid pro rated money I don't think any one is going to give him that kind of money. 

I'd take Lawler lucky Lewis weineke and Burnham over what i saw from Duke last year. Lewis lucky Lawler and wenieke could kick it into another gear still. 

I always forget about him. He's fantastic. Great hands 

6 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I for sure wanted duke. Thing is, he looks like he's lost more than a step, and was a real bag of dicks with the riders. Maybe he's a guy who would fall in line with fifo. Could be one of those agitators you love to have and hate to play against. But at his reduced speed and questionable health he's a high risk high reward player. I wouldnt want to pay him elite money at this point. 

If duke williams is comparable money to walker, and he'd fit the locker room then sure. If he's significantly more money than the guys in the walker tier Id pass even if he is a locker room fit. And I dont think he'd be a locker room fit. 

He has hamstring issues. That's a huge problem if it becomes chronic for Williams. That could be career ending. My son tore his left hamstring training in the off season between his junior & season season at the end of January 2015. He went to spring camp 2 months later but couldn't run. He was in line to be the srarter at SFU but he lost his speed & mobility. As a result, he just threw 1 TD pass his senior year as he was the backup. He didn't have surgery as he didn't want to lose any time & figured he could play through it. He said that was a mistake. Still bothers him today almost 7 years later. He knows he'll have to have surgery sooner or later. 

I wonder if the Bombers go after derrick moncrief again. Darby was great at sam but he'd be as good at half if he comes back. 

Moncrief and ba are the two best fa dbs available and moncrief fills that new generation big sam who can fill run fits even better. I'd love to see ba Darby moncrief rose Nichols Taylor and maston as our dbs going into camp next year.

At the same time the Bombers seem like they can find great young dbs and develop them well. 

18 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I wonder if the Bombers go after derrick moncrief again. Darby was great at sam but he'd be as good at half if he comes back. 

Moncrief and ba are the two best fa dbs available and moncrief fills that new generation big sam who can fill run fits even better. I'd love to see ba Darby moncrief rose Nichols Taylor and maston as our dbs going into camp next year.

At the same time the Bombers seem like they can find great young dbs and develop them well. 

I'm sure Moncrief will get a lot of love from Sask... I hope we get our own here....

21 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Moncrief would be a nice add. I am wondering if they are hoping Donovan Olumba is a potential SAM?

As a sask fan stay away from Moncrief, I want him back. Looking at FA list I wonder if the Bombers would be interested in Zach Williams from Calgary. Played pretty well last year for the stamps, honestly might have been the second best LG in the CFL behind Desjarlias. He is from Brandon and played at U of M.  If you guys lose Couture and Eli could have some money to spend on a veteran guy from another team. 

25 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Moncrief would be a nice add. I am wondering if they are hoping Donovan Olumba is a potential SAM?

Tough to say. He's a big db but he's mostly been a corner iirc. He has the physical tools thatd be pretty good. 

32 minutes ago, camper_2 said:

I'm sure Moncrief will get a lot of love from Sask... I hope we get our own here....

Tough to compete for them when they already have the 2 most over rated over paid dbs in the league. 

3 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

As a sask fan stay away from Moncrief, I want him back. Looking at FA list I wonder if the Bombers would be interested in Zach Williams from Calgary. Played pretty well last year for the stamps, honestly might have been the second best LG in the CFL behind Desjarlias. He is from Brandon and played at U of M.  If you guys lose Couture and Eli could have some money to spend on a veteran guy from another team. 

Zack Williams has resigned with Calgary... Yes, would have been a very good option, here...

On 2022-01-29 at 1:43 PM, wbbfan said:

Williams has hamstring issues. 

20 hours ago, CodyT said:

Kwame Kavil, Arejai Franklin, Andre Thurman and "razzle dazzle"

Ken Nielsen.

Darby in my opinion is a must sign....guy can play safety or halfback at an all-star level, as well as was a top notch sam...dude is flat out good and all about team and community....perfect Bomber material

If we to lose him, then yeah I could see a stab at Moncreif, but if Maston is fully healed which I hear he is and will be 100 percent for camp them we have the same type of player, cheaper, and our defence, the presence of him, Darby or Moncreif would see same results.

That extra money Moncreif would command be better spent going to Rose, or one of the receivers...or Stove for that matter

Don't see us letting Couture walk, and he would stay here for less, unless someone throws a stupid Chungh deal at him...which I can't see.