2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

Any chance that Harris comes back in more of a Demski role in which he has limited carries and spends time at receiver in certain packages?    Maybe extends his career a few seasons rather then being the featured back which would be more punishing to his body?

4 minutes ago, wpgallday1960 said:

I recently did this.  Have I made a mistake??  Should I start looking for appropriate sized barrels to replace the clothing I’m going to have to sell?

You COULD, OR you could get in on the ground floor of barrel coin with me. So when all the other meme coins fail we can catch all the broke investors. 

6 hours ago, Booch said:

Same can be said about Kalinick from Hmiltoon...or however u spell it...dude didnt do diddly the last 2 years

Yeah. Like what the hell is so special about him? A backup Canadian fullback. I can check his stats but I don't expect to find much offensively that would peak NFL interest yet here we are. Probably on specials. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah. Like what the hell is so special about him? A backup Canadian fullback. I can check his stats but I don't expect to find much offensively that would peak NFL interest yet here we are. Probably on specials. 

He has the body type of your prototypical TE in NFL which is hard to fit into a CFL offence 

23 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

He has the body type of your prototypical TE in NFL which is hard to fit into a CFL offence 

It would excell in the CFL....Just waiting for a new outside the box thinker doing it up in Canada to be honest....the game here truly would have a TE offense where u use him as a playmaker flourish

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

It would excell in the CFL....Just waiting for a new outside the box thinker doing it up in Canada to be honest....the game here truly would have a TE offense where u use him as a playmaker flourish

Never understood why teams don't try it more. I think think of impact a guy like Mike sellers had, and he did more catching than rushing. Could absolutely be a thing the way cfl offenses operate now.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Never understood why teams don't try it more. I think think of impact a guy like Mike sellers had, and he did more catching than rushing. Could absolutely be a thing the way cfl offenses operate now.

I'm still waiting on the second coming of Nik Lewis, I can't figure why no GM has found a younger version of him yet.  Nik was a revolutionary player.

25 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I'm still waiting on the second coming of Nik Lewis, I can't figure why no GM has found a younger version of him yet.  Nik was a revolutionary player.

With George.... errr... Pete Costanza leaving hiring Nik Lewis might be a good move. He was a heckuva receiver in his playing days. One man wrecking crew. Very physical player. I know he wants to coach. 

20 hours ago, wbbfan said:

That sure would be fantastic. 

The fact atlanta signed dropsy mcnohands from ssk but are un sure on lawler tells you all you need to know about their front office. 

Lenius is on a futures contract. Basically an invite to maybe come to camp if we can't find someone better beforehand. Guys like Lawler on their 2nd go round in THE LEAGUE don't tend to jump at futures contracts. It's quite possible they offered him one and he is trying to get some some form of actual money instead.

11 hours ago, Booch said:

You gotta have the right guy, and those guys are in big demand in the NFL. Just hard to find really. I mean a team took a flyer on Lenius for cripes sakes, and I would bet big dollars they told him to get back to TE weight.

On 2022-01-22 at 12:12 AM, Booch said:

Couture has a team of ties..especially his coaches and 4 other starting linemates...he won't run away for a few extra bucks

With Desjarlais all but gone we will get Couture back. The money is freed up to give him a small but reasonable bump and then bring in Dobson on a rookie contract to be our 6th or better.

12 hours ago, Booch said:

12 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Qft. Imagine a team bringing in a 6 foot 5 250 lbs guy who runs a 4.5 40 and teams trying to defend that with a 5 foot 10 195lbs Sam. 

The us game especially the nfl used to be behind the cfl in terms of offensive innovation. But not the cfl offense is stagnat and the nfl has way more advanced and creative offenses. They run the spread better than cfl teams now. Mostly they run flex spreads with a te but that a lone would tear it up up here. 

15 ish years ago cfl was more interesting to watch than it is now. We used to have teams running match zone or 3 4 front or cover 0 bend but don't break etc. Now all the defenses play similarly just with slight variations in cover frequency. The fits are all the same. Some teams just play the run better. 

Offenses are the same. 5 by 1 mostly some faking of an 11 formation mostly with a wr on the line. Lots of tight wr formations and tight zone running. 

Remember when the renegades had a fun to watch offense with kj running rpo and qb option with ranek? Or the als running 5 verts. 2 back power and split zone with 2 running backs playing off each other. 

If the cfl wants to hit the younger demographic teams should get out of the vanilla and back to the creative. 

Updated list:

14 days left until free agency. As far as I can tell from the roster on blue bombers.com and the free agent list on cfl.ca, here is where we are at:

Bold = confirmed signed

Plain = pending free agent

Italics = on roster, presumably signed but contract status not reported (any help to clarify would be appreciated)

Underlined = released

QB - D. Brown, Collaros, McGuire

RB - Augustine, Borsa, Harris, M. Miller, Oliveira

WR - Adams, Bailey, Demski, Grant, Jackson, Lawler, McKnight, O’Leary-Orange, Wolitarsky 

OL - Bryant, Burks, Couture, Desjarlais, Eli, Gray, Hardrick, Kolankowski, Neufeld, Richmond

DL - Antigua, Jeffcoat, Jefferson, Kongbo, Richardson, E. Rose, Sayles, Thomas, Walker, Wicker, Wilcots II

LB - Bighill, Briggs, K. Brown, Cadwaller, Gauthier, Hansen, Lowes, Maruo, Wilson

DB - Alexander, Alford, Darby, Ni. Hallett, No. Hallett, Hampton, Houston, Johnson, Jones, Kramdi, Matson, J. Miller, Nichols, W. Rose, Taylor, Thompson

K - Castillo, Crapigna, Liegghio, Mourtada

LS - Benson

20 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Qft. Imagine a team bringing in a 6 foot 5 250 lbs guy who runs a 4.5 40 and teams trying to defend that with a 5 foot 10 195lbs Sam. 

The us game especially the nfl used to be behind the cfl in terms of offensive innovation. But not the cfl offense is stagnat and the nfl has way more advanced and creative offenses. They run the spread better than cfl teams now. Mostly they run flex spreads with a te but that a lone would tear it up up here. 

15 ish years ago cfl was more interesting to watch than it is now. We used to have teams running match zone or 3 4 front or cover 0 bend but don't break etc. Now all the defenses play similarly just with slight variations in cover frequency. The fits are all the same. Some teams just play the run better. 

Offenses are the same. 5 by 1 mostly some faking of an 11 formation mostly with a wr on the line. Lots of tight wr formations and tight zone running. 

Remember when the renegades had a fun to watch offense with kj running rpo and qb option with ranek? Or the als running 5 verts. 2 back power and split zone with 2 running backs playing off each other. 

If the cfl wants to hit the younger demographic teams should get out of the vanilla and back to the creative. 

Problem is those guys dont really shake lose from the NFL. I would not be shocked if Kalinic sticks down there as 3rd TE. He is a very good blocker and a strong special teams players. He isn't super athletic so don't see him giving much in the passing game as he didn't do much up here but lots of teams have blocking TEs and special teams players as their third TE. 

11 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Just curious what everyone thinks is a fair price for Harris? 120-130?

I hope it's the hometown discount at 120k and I would personally prefer they kept Augustine over Brady but didn't realize Johnny is 3 years older than Brady.