2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

2 doses doesn't mean enough for Omicron so I sincerely hope they change the definition to 3 doses. Need to be boosted. 

I don’t think you see further mandates, just recommendations. We are a free country and as we emerge from the pandemic it will no longer fall within a reasonable exception to the Charter. 

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I've got my 3 shots. Gotta assume that this will become a yearly booster like the Flu shot (Got that one too).

My feeling is we may have to get boosted every 5-6 months until the pandemic is over. Then a shot that combines protection for the flu & covid once a year. Hopefully we're on the other side of things but who knows??

1 hour ago, GCJenks said:

I don’t think you see further mandates, just recommendations. We are a free country and as we emerge from the pandemic it will no longer fall within a reasonable exception to the Charter. 

We're not emerging from the pandemic, full time, for awhile yet. We'll get a reprieve this spring/summer, but come fall time we'll be right back into the craziness. I was reading some stuff from US virlalogists today saying that we're likely a couple years away from being done with all this... 

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

We're not emerging from the pandemic, full time, for awhile yet. We'll get a reprieve this spring/summer, but come fall time we'll be right back into the craziness. I was reading some stuff from US virlalogists today saying that we're likely a couple years away from being done with all this... 

This is 100% correct. The "two weeks to flatten the curve" saying was really the 1st fumbling of the bag when it came to organizations communicating about the pandemic. People automatically thought, flatten the curve = over. And that was never really the case. A world wide pandemic in the age of air travel is 5 yrs minimum.

Edited by Bigblue204

Got my booster yesterday (was first eligible Jan 04 2022, but just started at a new firm so I wanted the shot to be on a Saturday.)

While I realize it does not make me invincible, it is a step in the right direction regarding protecting my family and myself.

I will feel much better once (a) my daughter turns 5, and becomes fully vaccinated (b) they approve a vaccine for under 5, allowing her to be vaccinated or (c) people stop being idiots about this thing and we finally get it under control.

29 minutes ago, JCon said:

Go get yours, Drew! 

Walters says Gray or Dobson might replace him. 

It sounds like he's focusing on different positions now as far as contracts are concerned. That doesnt sound encouraging on the Stove front :(

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

3 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

It sounds like he's focusing on different positions now as far as contracts are concerned. That doesnt sound encouraging on the Stove front :(

I wouldnt be surprised if stove is waiting to see if he can garner any NFL interest. Probably wont happen, but I dont think any team is going to give him major dollars coming off a season where he missed a bunch of games. And not soo many teams are utilizing a nose. But DT money is always much lower than DE. So doesnt hurt for him to wait and have his agent try to drum up interest down south. 

8 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I wouldnt be surprised if stove is waiting to see if he can garner any NFL interest. Probably wont happen, but I dont think any team is going to give him major dollars coming off a season where he missed a bunch of games. And not soo many teams are utilizing a nose. But DT money is always much lower than DE. So doesnt hurt for him to wait and have his agent try to drum up interest down south. 

He's highly regarded around the league. I wouldnt be surprised to see a team throw some big money at him.

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I dont think any one is going to dish out 200k for him. He's worth it, but I just dont see it. 

$200K no, but i'd bet my bottom dollar that theres a team out there that is willing to pay him more than Walters is. That is my concern.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

54 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The fact atlanta signed dropsy mcnohands from ssk but are un sure on lawler tells you all you need to know about their front office. 

That's just the nature of the NFL beast. Whatshisface in SSK has size and age on his side compared to what Lawler has. It doesn't make sense, but it's not surprising in the least.

8 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

That's just the nature of the NFL beast. Whatshisface in SSK has size and age on his side compared to what Lawler has. It doesn't make sense, but it's not surprising in the least.

Same can be said about Kalinick from Hmiltoon...or however u spell it...dude didnt do diddly the last 2 years

32 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

You sure arent wrong. But damn, any one who thinks giving up lawlers talent and skill for 2 inches and 15lbs probably has mortgaged every thing they own to invest in doge coin. 

25 minutes ago, Booch said:

Same can be said about Kalinick from Hmiltoon...or however u spell it...dude didnt do diddly the last 2 years

He makes even less sense. He's an average athlete for a guard/tackle in the body of a TE.  A good 10+ te's are out of football right now that would be elite NFL athletes at the position. 50+ TEs are out of football who are dramatically more athletic then kalinick as blocking TEs. Though atleast with a guy like him if he has the right mind set he can be a career special teams guy in the NFL.