2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

40 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Well said Booch, and you have more insight than most here as to the inner workings of FIFO etc in the Bomber dressing room.  Unless people here know Eli personally and are speaking about his situation from personal experience, they don't know much if anything about the decisions he made and why they made them, and it could be a health issue.  Easy to judge coming from a place of high moral authority and no actual knowledge, and say that he is "dumb/ignorant" (though I doubt too many would have the gonads to say it to his face).  I do hope Eli gets vaxxed and comes back, he was a freaking wrecking ball on that O-Line and I know we could use him.  Especially if he's a "FI" in the dressing room as you say he is.

Part of the FI in today's CFL is being vaxxed. If he isn't then he doesn't FI. It's his decision & his career. He won't be able to travel by air with federal regulations. No one will sign him to just play home games as teams hands are tied. Same with Massoli. I hope he does get vaxxed & he comes back. We need him. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

25 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

If he isn't vaccinated he isn't worth talking about. 

Non starter (in several ways). 

If Booch is correct it sounds like he's had one shot. Let's hope whatever was a factor in him not getting the second shot is being mitigated. I would hope it purely wasn't him being "pig headed" or "dumb/ignorant" as so many have been quick to hang on him.

That being said, if it was pure ignorance on his part to avoid the second shot then shame on him. Big time.

With Eli as well...team knew well in advance his situation...so could have suspended him wayyy before that...or had him as the scratch...but they didn't...so obviously they didn't sour on him or not want him as part of the team...and the self policing locker room would have spoke well before that too....more is being made of it than needs to be...

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

With Eli as well...team knew well in advance his situation...so could have suspended him wayyy before that...or had him as the scratch...but they didn't...so obviously they didn't sour on him or not want him as part of the team...and the self policing locker room would have spoke well before that too....more is being made of it than needs to be...

Putting feelings towards it aside, the bottom line is he can't travel until he is fully vaccinated. And he better get moving on it as soon as he is eligible -  because I can't imagine three doses not becomming "fully vaccinated" in the near future.

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Putting feelings towards it aside, the bottom line is he can't travel until he is fully vaccinated. And he better get moving on it as soon as he is eligible -  because I can't imagine three doses not becomming "fully vaccinated" in the near future.

Really want to see this sooner rather than later.... 

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

Booch, just curious. What is your current role within the club?

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

If Booch is correct it sounds like he's had one shot. Let's hope whatever was a factor in him not getting the second shot is being mitigated. I would hope it purely wasn't him being "pig headed" or "dumb/ignorant" as so many have been quick to hang on him.

That being said, if it was pure ignorance on his part to avoid the second shot then shame on him. Big time.

Lost his chance to play in the Grey Cup as well as having his name engraved on the trophy. Huge price to pay. 

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I know there was... not a problem, but definitely a feeling of disappointment in the locker room around Eli and his decision.

Yeah, he let them down. Luckily no injuries on the line during the GC. Happy that  Jeff Gray is coming back. That signing has kinda gone under the radar here. I think it's huge for us. I anticipate that he start if Desjarlais signs with ah NFL team.

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

Other teams FAs are waiting for the first opportunity to come here to play. 

Unlike a place like sask where they have to beg and overpay. 

They're a contender at least. Imagine trying to get players to come to Ottawa with LaPo's putrid offense & no viable qb. Or the crap show in Edmonton. 

9 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah, he let them down. Luckily no injuries on the line during the GC. Happy that  Jeff Gray is coming back. That signing has kinda gone under the radar here. I think it's huge for us. I anticipate that he start if Desjarlais signs with ah NFL team.

Yes like to see Geoff G. get a shot at starting.  He's definitely paid his dues.

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

They're a contender at least. Imagine trying to get players to come to Ottawa with LaPo's putrid offense & no viable qb. Or the crap show in Edmonton. 

Yes both of those teams are where we were in 2013.  Building a culture is so important, and for the life of me I can't figure out why its so hard for so many teams.  I get it in sports like the NHL, where you have a guy like Blake Wheeler making double in a season what the entire Bomber payroll is for a year, but in the CFL, you shouldn't have to tolerate fools and me first guys.  The money just isn't the same.  Anyway, maybe I just don't know what it's like as I've never run a CFL team so it's easy for me to judge.  I just think that would be the backbone of the organization for me - culture.  If you aren't here to play for the team, then get lost.  How Duron Carter hung around in this league for as long as he did is a mystery to me, as there's the very definition of anti-FIFO.

13 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Apologies if this has already been discussed/disclosed but does anyone know if Fatboi Jake is coming back for another Grey Cup run?  I haven't seen or heard anything.

God dammit, KBF.  Pull yourself up by your bootstraps and get in the game. 
No room on the Bomber fan bus for passengers like you. 😉