2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

Desjarlais if he sticks down south I would expect will be a PR guy this yr..maybe next if he hangs around..may do the Geoff Gray thing....tho he is still soooo young...he could be the next Brett Jones who came from Canada and actually was legit starter material...guess we shall see.

I also wouldn't close door on ELi either for 2022... especially if we lose Desjarlais and can't see Couture not being here as well.

Be crazy to think we could possibly  start 2022 with Bryant/(gray/Eli) Couture/Neuf/Yoshi....now wouldn't that be a coup...especially with the Jeff's and Biggie also already back on the other side...along with Sayles and Fatboi...darn good base to build on in the trenches

9 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

If a guy can't travel because he is unvaccinated what use is he?

It's not only the travel issue. The locker room is very much FIFO. He unfortunately chose to not FI...maybe he plays in the CFL, but I would be surprised if it's in blue and gold.

Edited by Bigblue204

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You have to ask? Same with Massoli.

It's not done yet. 

Eli got 1 shot and not the other. And had it for a while. If I had to guess he couldve had a bad reaction to it. Its nothing like masoli being very anti vax. I think he will get the shot and be back this year. If he doesnt, his career is over. If he does, he could be 1 year as a starter away from an NFL deal. 

52 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

It's not only the travel issue. The locker room is very much FIFO. He unfortunately chose to not FI...maybe he plays in the CFL, but I would be surprised if it's in blue and gold.

He was here for 2 grey cups, he clearly is NOT a FO guy. He clearly fits in in the locker room. 

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

So according to reports from last year, Andrew Harris made $170,000 in 2021. What kind of salary do you think we see for him in 2022? If Harris come back, do we lose one of Augustine or Oliveria?

I think Harris needs a cut (maybe a salary of $130,000-$140,000)  and that we lose Augustine.

I think a team friendly deal is certainly in order. 

36 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Actually I believe Naylor reported that Masoli has since been vaxxed

Got a link? All I've been seeing is speculation that he will get vaxxed. Because just like eli no jab no career. 

I don't have anyone within my circle of friends or coworkers that's unvaccinated, and anyone I was casually acquainted with that's unvaxxed is now cut out of my life completely. Delete them off SM, the whole 9 yards. As Dave says, I think so much less of them now. I don't have room in my life for someone that dumb/ignorant. 

15 hours ago, Piggy 1 said:

Why won't Eli be playing in the CFL next year???????????????????????

Think about it, if the incentive of Grey Cup money and a ring couldn't convince him to get vaccinated, what's it going to take?

He was not a backup like last year, he was a starting OG and given the choice decided to walk away from the team.  I wouldn't be very surprised if the team doesn't want him back at this point.

I agree...people should all get vaxxed if it's not a health risk to them...but also have the choice to not get it...and live a more restricted life....though flying on a team charter shouldn't negate a professional player right to play..if he passes all tests prior to and after a game..Christ..if a daily test has to be the way..so be it...I won't begrudge a person for a choice.. 

The real asshats..and ones who people should cut out of their lives..SM...etc..and are the selfish idiots are the people who choose to keep travelling...and ***** and moan about restrictions...they are the problem with this..and reason why it keeps on chugging along..it's proven and known it's a person to person contact infection...it's not a bug or organism flying around on its own stinging people and looking for fresh meat...those are the idiots

Case in point..grey cup...we had no team issues....but what happened when we sent a full contingent on a "trip" somewhere...bammm....cases galore...and that was just intra country travel....people who book trips and feel they are privledged to do so...be dammed with the consequences are the ones who need a boot to the face...

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Eli fit in very well...and if he finishes his vax...he will be back...team management and players loved him...the only negative sentiments were formed in this board

Well said Booch, and you have more insight than most here as to the inner workings of FIFO etc in the Bomber dressing room.  Unless people here know Eli personally and are speaking about his situation from personal experience, they don't know much if anything about the decisions he made and why they made them, and it could be a health issue.  Easy to judge coming from a place of high moral authority and no actual knowledge, and say that he is "dumb/ignorant" (though I doubt too many would have the gonads to say it to his face).  I do hope Eli gets vaxxed and comes back, he was a freaking wrecking ball on that O-Line and I know we could use him.  Especially if he's a "FI" in the dressing room as you say he is.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

18 hours ago, GCJenks said:

Has a team ever signed a player to a contract and “stashed” them on the 6-week injured list? Player gets all his cash, team gets some SMS relief and you have a healthy rested AH33 for the final portion and the playoffs. 

Calgary did that with Bo, Bombers did it with Neufeld. All teams do it. That's how teams circumvent the salary cap with injuries. It's always been that way. I can remember teams using the "taxi squad" back in the 70's for that. 

15 hours ago, Jesse said:

I could see it. He’s a young guy with no ties. Makes sense for him to maximize his value while he can. We’ve seen it with Chungh. Our OL is so sought after that teams overpay for our pieces.

Chungh left for more money & to play at home. Other than the money he was exposed at just how bad a pass blocker he was with inferior line mates surrounding him in BC. He got thrown around like a turnstyle.  LaPo's offense was always run first with AH33 so he could shine blocking for the run. Goes to Bc with Mike Reilly there in a pass happy offense & he is terrible. (Yet they still pay him big bucks. Why??)

The question is, does Couture want more money elsewhere or play with his mates & perhaps win a third ring? Grey Cups don't grow on trees & he won't find the same culture on any other team. 

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Eli fit in very well...and if he finishes his vax...he will be back...team management and players loved him...the only negative sentiments were formed in this board

He was one of the most physically dominant linemen in his some what limited reps. He's a nasty mauler and would've started on any other team in the league. 

Ruby got a deal If he gets a pass Eli will too. He's not like ruby or Masoli.